The Education Forum

Need help with Thompson's rejection of double hit

Hello,

A few years ago at a JFK Lancer conference Josiah Thompson spoke and rejected his own theory as detailed in his book

"Six Seconds in Dallas." He based his new conclusions on a new mathmatical model that helped to better pinpoint the true position of JFK's head. Does anyone remember what year that was? Also, if it has been written up and/or posted online somewhere?

Thanks.

Joe Backes

Hello,

A few years ago at a JFK Lancer conference Josiah Thompson spoke and rejected his own theory as detailed in his book

"Six Seconds in Dallas." He based his new conclusions on a new mathmatical model that helped to better pinpoint the true position of JFK's head. Does anyone remember what year that was? Also, if it has been written up and/or posted online somewhere?

Thanks.

Joe Backes

It was in 2002.

Hello,

Thanks.

Joe Backes

Let's put it this way- - Who cares what this man thinks? What matters is that testimony given in this case was false and that relevant omissions were made.

Melons and mathematical models mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Thompson looks at an obviously fake picture and makes a comment to the effect that it must be real since we have been told it is real.

This position invalidates anything the man says.

Hello,

Thanks.

Joe Backes

You may be referring to this:

Fetzer claims I want to return things to their 1967 basis. This, of course, is nonsense. Let me rebut it by pointing out a major mistake I made in "Six Seconds."

I measured there that JFK's head moved forward about two inches between Z312 and Z313. This forward movement followed by the obvious left, backward snap suggested to me that he had been hit in the head from the rear and then, almost instantaneously, from the right front. Within the last few years, Art Snyder of the Stanford Linear Accelerator Laboratory, was able to show me how this involved a serious mistake in measurement.

As you all know, Z312 is quite clear while Z313 is smeared from movement of the camera. Using fairly complicated math, Snyder was able to demonstrate to me that I was measuring the smear on frame Z313 and not the movement of Kennedy's head. That socalled "two-inch movement" was an illusion; it came from the smear.

David Wimp and Joe Durnavich came to much the same conclusion. Wimp, however, has gone futher. He has shown that JFK's head begins moving forward about Z308 and that everyone else in the limousine... Kellerman, Greer, Jackie, Mrs. Connally, John Connally... also begin a moderate movement forward at that time. After Z314, JFK flips backward and to the left while all the rest continue moving forward. The explanation: When Greer turned to look in the back seat at circa Z302 his foot tapped the brake, decelerating the limousine and throwing forward all the limousine's occupants. There is no longer any clear evidence in the Zapruder film of Kennedy being hit in the back of the head. (I say "clear" because there may be some evidence of a hit from the rear at Z327/328) The Z312-Z317 sequence... the bowling over of JFK to the left rear.... is the unambiguous result of a shot from the right front.

This is wonderful progress by careful research. Because of it, I am delighted to admit... even proclaim... that I made a mistake in 1967.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...=5018&st=30

Hello,

Thanks.

Joe Backes

You may be referring to this:

Fetzer claims I want to return things to their 1967 basis. This, of course, is nonsense. Let me rebut it by pointing out a major mistake I made in "Six Seconds."

I measured there that JFK's head moved forward about two inches between Z312 and Z313. This forward movement followed by the obvious left, backward snap suggested to me that he had been hit in the head from the rear and then, almost instantaneously, from the right front. Within the last few years, Art Snyder of the Stanford Linear Accelerator Laboratory, was able to show me how this involved a serious mistake in measurement.

As you all know, Z312 is quite clear while Z313 is smeared from movement of the camera. Using fairly complicated math, Snyder was able to demonstrate to me that I was measuring the smear on frame Z313 and not the movement of Kennedy's head. That socalled "two-inch movement" was an illusion; it came from the smear.

David Wimp and Joe Durnavich came to much the same conclusion. Wimp, however, has gone futher. He has shown that JFK's head begins moving forward about Z308 and that everyone else in the limousine... Kellerman, Greer, Jackie, Mrs. Connally, John Connally... also begin a moderate movement forward at that time. After Z314, JFK flips backward and to the left while all the rest continue moving forward. The explanation: When Greer turned to look in the back seat at circa Z302 his foot tapped the brake, decelerating the limousine and throwing forward all the limousine's occupants. There is no longer any clear evidence in the Zapruder film of Kennedy being hit in the back of the head. (I say "clear" because there may be some evidence of a hit from the rear at Z327/328) The Z312-Z317 sequence... the bowling over of JFK to the left rear.... is the unambiguous result of a shot from the right front.

This is wonderful progress by careful research. Because of it, I am delighted to admit... even proclaim... that I made a mistake in 1967.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...=5018&st=30

Yes! Ray, where did you get this?

Joe