The Education Forum

Judith Beck Stein

Judith Beck Stein

While Judith Beck Stein, who believed she contributed some lines to one of JFK's speeches, was being considered by Jackie Kennedy as her social secretary, and was involved in Watergate, may have been a bit fuzzy in the head, she had every right to be a bit dizzy, as the Beck Oil heiress involved in deals with Standard Oil.

She was also an upper crust, fox hunter who may have been in the same Middleburg,, Va. social circles as Jackie Kennedy.

Has anybody read this book?

Thanks,

BK

http://www.maebrussell.com/Articles%20and%...ck%20Stein.html

http://www.bolerium.com/cgi-bin/bol48/68000.html

Stein, Judith Beck The journal of Judith Beck Stein, the true story of a victim of the American psychiatric hospital prison system [subtitle from an onlay cover sticker]. author [The Columbia Journal, Inc.], Washington. 1973, xv, 170p., documents appended, paperbound original with a text-bearing cover sticker as issued, a fresh copy mildest edgewear and remainder stripe on the bottom edge. . Flip side of "I Never Promised You a Rose Garden," which was a true-life romance and success story about young inmates of Chestnut Lodge.

Chestnut Lodge in Judith Beck Stein's world is, instead, a "psychiatric, experimental dirty-trick prison." Urban legend has it that (for instance) when a CIA officer has problems, that's where he gets shrunk. We know for certain (no secret) that Allen Dulles' son was in therapy at the Lodge after a Korean War head injury. What else happens, we can't know, except for reports such as the one at hand. But it is surely significant that Roy Grinker was its head for a number of years, he spent WWII in North Africa trying to figure out ways to get the Yossarians back into the air after they had gotten tired of flying against the Luftwaffe; Grinker was a Drug Doctor, boasted of it in a widely-published memoir, "Men Under Stress."

We might better assess Judith Stein's trustworthyness with an analysis of the documents, which purport to show that the Watergate burglars were paid out of her hijacked bank accounts (but this cataloguer has no such facility).

Her take on the Kennedy assassination is likewise conspiratorial; she says (pp. 7, 8) that "I was often asked by some of those who saw JFK's Catholicism as a threat to the status quo how I, a Vassar graduate and a Jew, could have supported this coarse whiskey buyer's son?" and her answer is that "If a Catholic of Irish origin could be elected, indeed dthe possibility that a Jew, a black, an Indian, an Italian, a Chicano, a woman, a poet, a musician, a journalist, or any one of the myriad other American have-nots who had been victimized by the economic, racial, religious and social prejudices of the five per cent at the 'top' might make it too."

Stein was a daughter of the rich, a Beck of Beck Oil, and she interested herself in civil rights activism in the early 60s; but after a breakdown (engineered by her seniors amongst the conservative rich? just postpartum depression?) she woke up to recognize America's genocidal plans for world- and individual-domination..

Stein was trained as a journalist, she writes well, she is definitely nuts, and --unusual for any outsider writer-- has enough money to be privy to a lot of inside dope. Seems not afraid of slander suits, guess she's confident she'll be ignored. Author photo on back wrap is really grim, her smile is artificial and her eyes are merely eyeholes.

Excerpt from CHAPTER ONE :

Judith Beck Stein -

... I was making new and interesting friends through boating and horses and began to learn to hunt at the instigation of Daphne Dennehy, the very pleasant wife of Charles Dennehy, Jr. who owned the stable and provided the training where I boarded my horse.

Beck Oil was growing by leaps and bounds under Dave's guidance, and we were both involved in helping build that. My father had, for all practical purposes, given over the entire business to Dave the year that my mother died, 1952, and my husband had helped make it grow from a million dollar concern that year to one worth approximately $18,000,000 by the time Standard Oil had forced us to sell out to them.

We were living busy, active and happy lives those first two years of the last decade, in short, blissfully unaware of the planned sabotage that was evidently underway then, sabotage dedicated to our destruction and to the destruction of everything that we valued as being good in life.....

....But little by little they came, the short quick stabs from everywhere until by 1963, some finally began to take their toll. Our marriage began to flounder under the lies, rumors and smears.

Dave would come home, exhausted and angry beyond being able to communicate. It turns out that in addition to the lies which were piped about alleged extra-marital activities, there were those conceived with the aim of destroying his place in the Beck Oil Company. I have recently discovered that two employees of the Standard Oil Company, using my very vulnerable and rather envious stepmother as the unwitting go-between, managed to doctor books and records to the disfavor of Dave with my father.

When I realize that it was the same gang, along with those I feel are the real powers behind the Watergate tragedy and the political assassinations of the past ten or so years, I am no longer shocked at their craven, brutal, planned viciousness.

I believe it was also the same crowd who, in the middle sixties, manipulated a blackmail smear against Dave and myself, which I shall delve into more thoroughly at another point subsequently.

To try better to understand what was going on between us, and thinking it might have been little more than a personality conflict, I began to see a psychiatrist, Dr. Jules Gelperin, who had helped me during my convalescence from my two terrible cancer operations.....

....I believe now that the leak was started by someone close to Mrs. John F. Kennedy, who was in turn provoked into this act by someone unknown but determined to cause trouble between the Steins and the New Frontier so that we would in no way be an effective part of that tragic group.

I believe also that what was a casual invitation to visit the Kennedy compound in 1963 was blown up into something distorted by the same persons who had the most to gain from undermining, slandering and destroying everything that we stood for.

I believe that they were the same people who planned, engineered and executed the deaths of the Kennedy brothers, Martin Luther King, Medgar Evers, Hale F. Boggs, and every key liberal and/or Democrat who has gone to his or her grave since 1963, to prison, to a so-called "mental hospital," to economic, financial, physical or emotional ruin.

I believe that they were the same people who learned to pit brother against brother, father against son, sister against sister, in the broadest meanings of those terms; that they are professionally trained in the arts of psychological manipulations, maneuverings and deceits and games, and that they have infiltrated such public agencies as the CIA, NIMH, the U.S. Public Health Service,......