The Education Forum

Health Issue

Hi kathy ...so very sorry to read your health news.......please take care and only do what you should.....i wish you all the very best and a full recovery....you are in my prayers......sincerely bernice..

Thanks to everyone. It was especially nice hearing from you, Bernice. It means a lot to me. I'm sure your prayers for me will reach Heaven faster than anyones'.

Yours Truly,

Kathy :o

Kath, if there's anything special in the way of books you might have been wanting to get, let me know and I'll have them sent off to you from Amazon.com like I did before. Get back to me via my personal e-mail: tmauro@pacbell.net.

Keep your chin up, and don't allow this to get you down. It's important to remain focused and vigilant at this time.

Best always,

Ter

Thank you, Terri. You probably know about this stuff. They did a full body Cat scan on me today and marked me for the radiation. The physicist has to examine it so they know what angle to put the radiation on me, so as not to get my lungs or heart. Radiation starts Monday or Tuesday. I have to have 33 sessions. The place is real nice and the employees very nice. It's only 5 minutes away from me. So I will be driving myself. My sister-in-law doesn't think I'll be able to do it. I'll be in touch.

Kathy C

Kath,

I'll be looking into what I can find on Amazon.com, and hopefully get something off to you by Christmas. I've been getting notices from Chase Bank, who took over a couple of my credit cards, like my gas card, and my Washington Mutual Bank Mastercard, then went and hiked the interest rates up to 29.9% in the last two weeks. Plus, subjecting my checking account to a variable APR rate, should it suffer an overdraft charge. Ain't it typical of the Rockefeller/Morgan financiers to twist the knife a little deeper.

So, I'm waiting to pay down on the gas card and MC before purchasing anything for the next two weeks. But, keep the faith, and hopefully you'll have what you need to read, at least halfway through your Rad therapy sessions.

Isn't it ironic how all this banking crap has been thrown right back in our faces, to coincide with the holidays, and the mid winter bluest days since The Great Depression of 1930's? What recession? Maybe a "recession" for the robber baron bankers we were forced to bail out to the tune of trillions of dollars. But for us bottom feeders, with double digit unemployment and millions of jobs down the toilet, it still looks like The Great Depression of The 21st Century, to me.

Well, never you mind about those thieving Wall Street vipers. It can't go on forever.

Your new job is to concentrate on getting all the help the system has to offer, and accept those rides to and from your sessions. You don't need to be stressing out your immune system at this crucial point in your recovery.

I'll let you know when your books are on the way, and e-mail the tracking numbers. I'll be in touch in the next couple of weeks via our e-mail addresses.

Warmest regards,

Ter

• 1 month later...

Dear Members,

I want to thank all you people who kept me in your prayers. I finished radiation 3 days ago. They were all surprised that my skin tanned rather than turn to "sunburn." My skin is very white. I did develop blisters, but they went away. I had little problem with tiredness. I did develop a cold, but I had antibiotics.

The staff there presented me with a diploma for coming through the radiation. They also gave me a blue teddy bear to make life "bearable."

I really didn't mind it at all. My appointments were in the afternoon so I could sleep late. So if you develop the "big C" as John Wayne would say, there is hope and new medical procedures.

That's all I'll burden you with.

Thank you very much.

Kathy C

Kathy..you made my day... :D your spirits appear tto be good what you have been through takes an emotional as well as a physical toll as well you know, so do continue to take very good care of yourself... but this is SUCH good news the best i personally have heard in some time... ...i know all wish you a great new year and continued good health..hang in there girlie... all the very best and keep in mind the prayers continue...

:D:D:D:D:D:):lol: b...

Edited by Bernice Moore

Kathleen, a heartfelt, belated best wishes and Prayers for you and yours, and to all who suffer, may you find peace.