The Education Forum

Dal Tex Building and the County Jail

From the Atlgens photo........have the people hanging out the 2nd floor window of the Dal Tex ever been identified?

It would be nice if the black man sitting on the fire escape could be identified. A white shirt and black pants means he could be a cook or kitchen worker, JAT. Is he seen in any other photos taken of Dealey Plaza after the shooting?

I can't remember which book, but somewhere I read that some inmates in the jail on Houston St. saw something as the motorcade drove by. Seems like it was something about people in the windows of the TSBD. Can someone refresh my memory?

post-6281-1262877403_thumb.jpg

I've read of the inmates seeing something re TSBD. Don't know the details.

But. Harry D. Holmes in the PO mentions that the first reports investigated by ''the agencies'' were of ones from the PO. This was quickly dealy with nu phone calls phonecall. From aligning photos from the sixth floor and from the end of the Bell film shows this segment likely taken from Harrys office ending with a lingering shot on the County building at about the jail area..

A Faye Leon Blunt, soon after the assassination, contacted the FBI relaying statements from inmates apparently confirming this. While there are records stating an investigation was made by the DPD re this, it was not til after the WC report came out that Blunt again contacted the FBI and then there is clear documentation that the FBI investigated, fruitlessly. Try as I might I have found no clear mention of FLB since this, but it appears he was a general visitor to the inmates and an FBI informant described by the FBI as unreliable. Yet following this (the second contact on this matter after the WC report came out) he seems to have disappeared.

Possibly he may be from Chicago, and was divorced, ending up somewhere in the South. (see Faye Leon Blunt topic and Unlnown Witnesses for more details)

Anyway, it appears some inmate/s saw something on the PO roof that was likely relayed to the jailer and so on, (and later by the inmate/s to FLB) that warranted a cursory, dismissive and belated investigation. The first one apparemtly only on paper and very speedy leaving little info.

From the Atlgens photo........have the people hanging out the 2nd floor window of the Dal Tex ever been identified?

It would be nice if the black man sitting on the fire escape could be identified. A white shirt and black pants means he could be a cook or kitchen worker, JAT. Is he seen in any other photos taken of Dealey Plaza after the shooting?

I can't remember which book, but somewhere I read that some inmates in the jail on Houston St. saw something as the motorcade drove by. Seems like it was something about people in the windows of the TSBD. Can someone refresh my memory?

"High Treason" Robert Groden and Harrison Livingstone page 195

John Powell and several other prisoners saw two men who were adjusting a telescopic sight on a rifle

One of the men appeared to be Latin

I did not quote the book but just posted a summary of what is on page 195

Do you have "High Treason"? If not I could scan page 195 and post it for you tonight when I get off work if you would like

Dean

"High Treason" Robert Groden and Harrison Livingstone page 195

John Powell and several other prisoners saw two men who were adjusting a telescopic sight on a rifle

One of the men appeared to be Latin

I did not quote the book but just posted a summary of what is on page 195

Do you have "High Treason"? If not I could scan page 195 and post it for you tonight when I get off work if you would like

Dean

Thanks, Dean. I have High Treason 2 (almost bought High Treason, but it was a small version paperback and the pictures were small). A Latin man would work with reports of a dark skinned man seen in a window of the TSBD. Not that anyone would take what inmates say seriously.