The Education Forum

The Present State of Doug Horne's Evidence

Here's a larger portion of Austin Miller's testimony:

Mr. BELIN - Then what did you hear or see?

Mr. MILLER - After the first one, just a few seconds later, there was two more shots fired, or sounded like a sound at the time. I don't know for sure. And it was after that I saw some man in the car fall forward, and a women next to him grab him and hollered, and just what, I don't know exactly what she said.

Mr. BELIN - Then what did you see?

Mr. MILLER - About that time I turned to look toward the - there is a little plaza sitting on the hill. I looked over there to see if anything was there, who through the firecracker or whatever it was, or see if anything was up there, and
there wasn't nobody standing there

Mr. MILLER - About the time I looked over to the side there, there was a police officer. No; a motorcycle running his motor under against the curb, and jumped off and come up to the hill toward the top and right behind him was some more officers and plainclothesmen, too.

Mr. BELIN - Did you see anyone that might be, that gave any suspicious movements of any kind over there?

Mr. MILLER -
No, sir; I didn't

Thanks, Mike, I had quite forgotten how utterly devastating Miller was on the grassy knoll gunman nonsense.

Miller's friend and co-worker Royce Skelton had the same vantage point:

Mr. BALL. Did the shots sound like they came from where you were standing?

Mr. SKELTON. No, sir; definitely not. It sounded like they were right there more or less like motorcycle backfire, but I thought that they were these dumbballs that they throw at the cement because I could see the smoke coming up off the cement.

Mr. BALL. You saw some smoke come off of the cement?

Mr. SKELTON. Yes.

Mr. BALL. Where did it seem to you that the sound came from, what direction?

Mr. SKELTON. Towards the President's car.

Mr. BALL. From the President's car?

Mr. SKELTON.
Right around the motorcycles and all that--I couldn't distinguish because it was too far away.

So much for initial shots from distance.
Mr. SKELTON. About when I saw one of the bullets where it hit on the pavement and it hit, the smoke did come from the general vicinity of where you say Oswald was.

Mr. BALL. Wait a minute let me ask you some questions about that. Tell me, now, about the smoke did you see some smoke?

Mr. SKELTON. After those two shots, and the car came on down closer to the triple underpass, well, there was another shot--two more shots I heard, but one of them--I saw a bullet, or I guess it was a bullet--I take for granted it was--- hit in the left front of the President's car on the cement, and when it did, the smoke carried with it--away from the building.

Mr. BALL. You mean there was some smoke in the building?

Mr. SKELTON. No.; On the pavement--you know, pavement when it is hit with a hard object it will scatter---it will spread.

Mr. BALL. Which way did it spread?

Mr. SKELTON.
It spread just right in line, like you said.

Mr. BALL. I haven't said anything--tell me what you think it was?

Mr. SKELTON. Like I said---south of us--it would be southwest, you know, in a direct line from the Texas Depository.

Mr. BALL. I see. In other words, the spray seemed to go to the west; is that right?

Mr. SKELTON. Yes.

Useful ammunition for those who think diversionary shots came later.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic