The Education Forum

Why is this man NOT carrying a bowling ball?

Guest Duncan MacRae

In JPEG compression, some shapes retain their curves, but others take on hard, blocky edges. I posted the girl picture, because it retains curves, but also takes on blocky straight lines. It is very similar to your image. The similarity is self-evident, and I don't understand why you can't see the similarity.

Of course the bonnet will not turn into a bowling ball. Nobody could perfectly replicate such a thing, especially since we don't know what it was that the man was carrying.

The point is that the MAN WAS CARRYING NOTHING. The ball with the stripe appears ONLY IN ONE FRAME.

That is a significant anomaly to be addressed!

I disagree. I see him carrying what appears to be a jacket, and perhaps a bag or lunchbox. But the thought that one frame was changed to insert the image you see as a bowling ball is nonsensical.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In JPEG compression, some shapes retain their curves, but others take on hard, blocky edges. I posted the girl picture, because it retains curves, but also takes on blocky straight lines. It is very similar to your image. The similarity is self-evident, and I don't understand why you can't see the similarity.

Of course the bonnet will not turn into a bowling ball. Nobody could perfectly replicate such a thing, especially since we don't know what it was that the man was carrying.

The point is that the MAN WAS CARRYING NOTHING. The ball with the stripe appears ONLY IN ONE FRAME.

That is a significant anomaly to be addressed!

I disagree. I see him carrying what appears to be a jacket, and perhaps a bag or lunchbox. But the thought that one frame was changed to insert the image you see as a bowling ball is nonsensical.

You have not compared all of the films which show him. One of them shows him carrying NOTHING.

post-667-1267281154_thumb.jpg