The Education Forum

The Big Lie being Promoted at the Sixth Floor Museum in Dallas

Guest Robert Morrow

David, Do you really find a forum like alt.conspiracy.jfk--where members spend all day long calling each other child molesters, homosexuals and retards--preferable to this one?

No, Martin, not at all. Although I will admit that I get a great kick out of calling a spade a spade in that asylum known as acj. Some of the CTers in there are a real trip. There's even one guy who thinks 18-year-old TSBD worker Danny Arce killed the President. When reading stuff like that, it's very difficult not to have a little fun with them. :)

But the #1 reason I post at acj is because of the "Individual Message" option that is offered at the Usenet newsgroups. I like that feature very much, because it places each post on its own unique webpage, or "deep link", as Usenet calls it. I then take those "deep links" and save them elsewhere in my JFK files.

I will say, though, that acj is quickly becoming obsolete for my own "archiving" purposes (although I still use that newsgroup for a lot of messages anyway; it's become a habit I guess)....because I've now gone to the blog format for storing most of my JFK ramblings, which I really could have been doing all along, but I was a bit late in discovering the excellent things you can do with a simple free "blog".

It's still remarkable to me how these blog sites can host all of the content they do for free, with virtually no restrictions on user bandwidth or site usage. I, for one, deeply appreciate sites like Blogger.com, etc.

And, to that end, I appreciate sites like this one too -- because an unlimited number of views can be expressed and topics discussed for free on the Internet.

And I appreciate the remarks made by John Simkin the other day too, which are remarks that came after forum member James DiEugenio said this to John:

"Why did you let certain people back on [this JFK forum] who do [muddy the waters]? I won't name names but his initials are DVP." -- Jim DiEugenio; August 5, 2010

"I am an old-fashioned liberal who believes in free speech. It is something that has got me into trouble with a lot of JFK researchers who do not share my ideals." -- John Simkin; August 5, 2010

I dont agree with you at all Dave when it comes to the assassination

But I am glad that you are here, im glad Craig posts here, im glad Len posts here, Todd Vaughn, Dave Reitzes I could go on and on

I agree with John Simkin on free speech (I however am super far from Liberal)

This place would be pretty slow if we only had CTs posting all day

I want McAdams to post here, in fact I want him to post here very much so I can respond

I read all of the LNers posts, in fact I like reading their posts, I dont agree, but I do enjoy them

Bring all the LNers you can on over Dave

I want McAdams to post here. In fact, I want him to post here very much, so I can respond. I read all of the LNers posts. In fact, I like reading their posts. I don't agree, but I do enjoy them. Bring all the LNers you can on over, Dave.

I'd love to, Dean.

There's one LNer's posts that I particularly enjoy reading. He goes by the name of "Bud" at the acj and aaj newsgroups. His Usenet profile is HERE.

Bud has an abundance of common sense, and has a very good ability to evaluate evidence properly. In 2009, I started a blog called "Quoting Common Sense" (relating to the JFK assassination), which is a blog that contains a bunch of quotes from various people (including me) that I think make a lot of "common sense". Hence, the blog's title. And I have found myself inserting many quotes by this fellow "Bud" into that blog.

Edited by David Von Pein

I want McAdams to post here. In fact, I want him to post here very much, so I can respond. I read all of the LNers posts. In fact, I like reading their posts. I don't agree, but I do enjoy them. Bring all the LNers you can on over, Dave.

I'd love to, Dean.

There's one LNer's posts that I particularly enjoy reading. He goes by the name of "Bud" at the acj and aaj newsgroups. His Usenet profile is HERE.

Bud has an abundance or common sense, and has a very good ability to evaluate evidence properly. In 2009, I started a blog called "Quoting Common Sense" (relating to the JFK assassination), which is a blog which contains a bunch of quotes from various people that I think make a lot of "common sense" (hence, the blog title). And I have found myself inserting many quotes by this fellow "Bud" into that blog.

Bring him over, we will have him flipped around in no time :lol:

Bring him over, we will have him flipped around in no time.

THIS batch of CTers at the Edu. Forum??? (Many of which have lifetime membership cards to the "Anybody But Oswald" club.)

Surely you jest. Shirley.

:)

Edited by David Von Pein

Bring him over, we will have him flipped around in no time.

THIS batch of CTers at the Edu. Forum??? (Many of which have lifetime membership cards to the "Anybody But Oswald" club.)

Surely you jest. Shirley.

:)

I am serious, and dont call me Shirley

Edited by Dean Hagerman

I'd love to, Dean.

Bud has an abundance of common sense, and has a very good ability to evaluate evidence properly. In 2009, I started a blog called "Quoting Common Sense" (relating to the JFK assassination), which is a blog that contains a bunch of quotes from various people (including me) that I think make a lot of "common sense". Hence, the blog's title. And I have found myself inserting many quotes by this fellow "Bud" into that blog.

Excuse me, Dave, but I thought you had to have and keep an open mind to be a Crime Scene Investigator and to evaluate evidence properly? Bud doesn't have an open mind about anything. He's a Philly Schmuck.

Yea, Bud, from Philly, quotes Mr. Evans.

"Nobody could figure him [Lee Oswald] out. .... He didn't want you to get too close to him. .... I thought he was a psycho; I really did." -- Julian Evans (who knew Oswald when Lee was a youth)

But the Warren Report says that Oswald's job reference J. Evans, is "apparently fictious," just likie Hidell.

But J. Evans, wasn't "fictious," but an old acquaintance, and whose wife Myrtle played a major role in Oswald's getting the Magazine St. apartment, which Col. Jose Rivera knewn about in Washington D.C., a few weeks before Oswald himself knew he would be living there.

"On May 9, responding to a newspaper advertisement, Oswald completed an application for employment with William B. Reily Co., Inc., at 640 Magazine Street, an enterprise engaged in the roasting, grinding, canning, bagging, and sale of coffee. On his application form, Oswald listed as references in addition to John Murret, "Sgt. Robert Hidell" and "Lieut. J. Evans," both apparently fictitious names....."

But further down on the same page -

"...Also on May 9, Oswald obtained an apartment with the helpof Myrtle Evans, who had known him when he was a child....."

Warren Report p. 726

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/viewer/showDoc.do?mode=searchResult&absPageId=74150

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/evans_m.htm

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/evans_j.htm

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/heindel.htm

Thanks, Bud,

BK

Bill,

This quote that you attribute to Bud is actually mine (from my "Case Closed" review HERE). And the Julian Evans quotes come from Page 15 of Posner's book:

"Nobody could figure him [Lee Oswald] out. .... He didn't want you to get too close to him. .... I thought he was a psycho; I really did." -- Julian Evans (who knew Oswald when Lee was a youth)

Why are you attibuting it to Bud? Or did Bud use that exact set of Evans quotes that I wrote in a post of his somewhere at aaj/acj? Just curious.

~shrug~

Bill,

This quote that you attribute to Bud is actually mine (from my "Case Closed" review HERE). And the Julian Evans quotes come from Page 15 of Posner's book:

Why are you attibuting it to Bud? Or did Bud use that exact set of Evans quotes that I wrote in a post of his somewhere at aaj/acj? Just curious.

~shrug~

Hi, I was attributing it to Bud's page of LN favorite LN quotes. I don't know where he got them.

I shouldn't have called him a Philly Schmuck. I really don't know him, and since we're almost neighbors, I won't call him names, though he certainly doesn't fit your characterization.

Yea, Julian Evans thought Oswald was a psycho, but didn't even recognize him when he showed up at his kitchen table. Then his wife Myrtle drives Oswald around the neighborhood looking for an apartment.

They randomly drive up and down streets until they find the Magazine Street apartment.

But Julian must of thought that Oswald wasn't so psycho his wife shouldn't be driving him around town.

My point is that Oswald listed "J. Evans" as a reference for the job and the WCR says this is apparently a name Oswald made up, when in fact "J. Evans" is an old family friend.

And the other guy, Hindell, though his name is spelled a little differently, also really existed, and lived right there in New Orleans.

So maybe "Drittal" - the person Oswald referenced as a character witness in his application form for the pistol, maybe there really is a Drittal too?

BK

My point is that Oswald listed "J. Evans" as a reference for the job and the WCR says this is apparently a name Oswald made up.

It probably is a made-up name. What makes you think "J. Evans" equates to Julian Evans? That doesn't necessarily have to be so.

Edited by David Von Pein

Hi, I was attributing it to Bud's page of LN favorite LN quotes. I don't know where he got them.

Oh, so I guess you think the "Quoting Common Sense" blog is Bud's blog.

Well, it isn't. That's my blog. I have no idea why you think it's Bud's.

I don't know why I thought it was his either.

Maybe I thought you would have done a better job if it was yours and wouldn't quote yourself so much.

BK