The Education Forum

complaint to Simkin and all moderators

Quote deleted by moderator.

Jeez! The hostility on this forum simply staggers me. I expect that from the usual culprits, but what has Jack said that is so outrageous?

John unless I've missed some in joke here I really think you should apologise!

If what Jack says is true then we should all be concerned about how this forum is being moderated. I have issues about the moderation myself. I started a new thread a couple of days ago entitled "Why do we allow Nazis on this forum”. It lasted exactly 12 seconds before being removed and a PM sent by Kathy…

“I really don't know what is going on with it (why it is posted), and i made it invisible until Evan sees it, and he can let me know what he thinks”

Notwithstanding the appaling English grammar (and absence of any meaning!) are we saying that moderators have to KNOW why a member asks a question? And only then is it allowed to appear? Needless to say I have still received no reply as to why it was banned.

At times I get the impression that some moderators act like a Praetorian Guard that stamp on awkward posts, awkward threads and awkward conclusions.

Except for John are ALL the moderatore LNs?

Amazing that someone who started a thread entitled "Why do we allow Nazis on this forum” and insulted a moderator complains about “The hostility on this forum” . Almost as ironic is that he complained about her supposedly “appaling English grammar” but made an elementary school spelling error in the process, even in Eire appalling is spelled with two l’s.

He really doesn't have much motive for complaing about the moderation since after over 2 years he has yet to post a proper bio.

And now I've just been threatend by your buddy Francois. That's why I posted the above post.

And Len if you're going to be a smart arse at least learn how to spell the word 'complaining'.

And now I've just been threatend by your buddy Francois.

1] He is not my “buddy” we don’t know each other, we’ve never communicated, we’ve never even commented on each other’s posts

2] You were not threatened. He wrote

Laverick, you're beginning to get on my nerves.

It's easy to insult people through a computer. Weak people do that !

I'd like to see you talk in front of me !
That's why I posted the above post.

Let’s see according to forum’s timestamp he “threatened” you "Today[Aug 19] 12:02 AM" you “posted the above post” "17 August 2010 - 05:41 PM" i.e. over 30 hours earlier i.e. even before you made the post he was replying to, your psychic powers are truly astonishing!!

But you of course missed the point anyone who labels other members Nazis simply because he doesn’t like what they post and insults moderator for no good reason (like you did with Kathy} has no right to complain about “The hostility on this forum” that’s roughly akin to a mob boss complaining about the crime rate.

And Len if you're going to be a smart arse at least learn how to spell the word 'complaining'.

Touche!! Like I said elsewhere “UNINTENTIONAL irony at least is alive and well! [on the EF]” PS check the correct spelling of “ threatened”. Also since you’re such a stickler “posted the above post” is piss poor diction.

Except for John are ALL the moderatore LNs?

Most of the moderators are quite sensible Bernie but most of them are not regularly on the forum very much now. John is the fairest. Kathy, is a bit of a "pollyanna" type and is a "Oswald was part of a conspiracy" theorist.

There was a moderator once who was simply a "nut" but he spontaneously combusted through anger and paranoia.

Don Jeffries and John Geraghty are also moderators who are "conspiracy theorists". In fact, it seems that the only moderator who is not a conspiracy theorist is Evan Burton. Not much of a conspiracy is it?

[Don Jeffries and John Geraghty are also moderators who are "conspiracy theorists". In fact, it seems that the only moderator who is not a conspiracy theorist is Evan Burton. Not much of a conspiracy is it?

My God! You mean I'm surrounded by nutters? Get me out of here!

(Very TIC!)