The Education Forum

Frame 216

Just to complete this....notice the specular on the rim eating away the tire....

That's the opposite effect though, isn't it Craig? Chris was inquiring about how a background image (fender) appears to be eating away a foreground image (sign). Not the other way around. I suppose if you could show us the TIRE (background) eating away at the RIM (foreground) that would be different.

I think you chose a very poor example.

I think he has a point.

Geez Craig, didn't you go to photography school?

But look out Greg, Lammy will insult his way out.

No, its a PERFECT example, you just appear to not have the intelligence to understand.

The emulsion of film or a digital sensor has NO CLUE if something is in front of or behind something. It;s a 2d representationof a 3d scene.

Why don't you get back to us when you have aqquired a clue.

I told you Greg.

Here comes the insults as he dodges your point.

Poor jimmy, ignorant to the bone. I answered monks objection, and it seems you are just as clueless as he is. Small wonder.

Sorry it took awhile to respond.

After Robert posted the frame with the limo, I had to do some more searching.

The limo grill's reflective surface is greater than the cycle fender. Different materials/colors.

I believe the frame provided creates the same effect as frame 216.

As for the bottom edge of the Stemmon's sign, I used frame 217 (little clearer) and added the ghost image to the bottom of the main frame.

Then compared it with a similar photo.

The thin red line indicates the angle of the bottom edge, when the top edges are basically aligned.

If there are no shortcomings in these comparisons, Craig was correct.

A follow up question to come!!! Possibly

thanks

chris

Sorry it took awhile to respond.

After Robert posted the frame with the limo, I had to do some more searching.

The limo grill's reflective surface is greater than the cycle fender. Different materials/colors.

I believe the frame provided creates the same effect as frame 216.

As for the bottom edge of the Stemmon's sign, I used frame 217 (little clearer) and added the ghost image to the bottom of the main frame.

Then compared it with a similar photo.

The thin red line indicates the angle of the bottom edge, when the top edges are basically aligned.

If there are no shortcomings in these comparisons, Craig was correct.

A follow up question to come!!! Possibly

thanks

chris

Chris, I don't think its the fender at all but rather a bright specular highlight from the CHROME fork tube. Its a very good fit for this.

BTW, props for actually working this problem through.

Edited by Craig Lamson