The Education Forum

Boardwalk Empire

William Kelly

I know Michael Hogan started a thread on this subject but I'll be damned if I can find it.

http://www.hbo.com/boardwalk-empire/index.html#/boardwalk-empire/about/index.html

In any case, it seems to be a Sopranos Flashback to the roarding 20s.

Judge Johnson't book that it is based on is very good, but it appears that they are playing up the same old story lines.

In reality, Capone came to Atlantic City in April 1929, during Meyer Lansky's wedding and honeymoon, also attended by dozens of other mobsters from around the country.

There, they formed the National/International Syndicate of organized crime and established the Commission of family bosses to make decisions, decide on terrorities, and

iron out disputes so they won't go to war with each other and call attenton to their activities.

The Commisison was still in existence in November 1963.

BK

• 3 weeks later...

I know Michael Hogan started a thread on this subject but I'll be damned if I can find it.

http://www.hbo.com/b...bout/index.html

In any case, it seems to be a Sopranos Flashback to the roarding 20s.

Judge Johnson't book that it is based on is very good, but it appears that they are playing up the same old story lines.

In reality, Capone came to Atlantic City in April 1929, during Meyer Lansky's wedding and honeymoon, also attended by dozens of other mobsters from around the country.

There, they formed the National/International Syndicate of organized crime and established the Commission of family bosses to make decisions, decide on terrorities, and

iron out disputes so they won't go to war with each other and call attenton to their activities.

The Commisison was still in existence in November 1963.

BK

Has anybody seen this show?