The Education Forum

FBI JFK Assassination records

Bill Kelly ; perhaps it was you or Jim, but i believe a member had asked who within the FBI , Dallas i believe, had control of the jfk assassination records, well here is that information for whomever, from a new short article on the Tippitt marker being planned...b...

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Plans-advance-for-Officer-Tippit-memorial-110507339.html . ''Farris Rookstool knows well the spot where Tippit died on 10th Street, having been the FBI analyst who was the custodian of Kennedy assassination records for the bureau.''

Bill Kelly ; perhaps it was you or Jim, but i believe a member had asked who within the FBI , Dallas i believe, had control of the jfk assassination records, well here is that information for whomever, from a new short article on the Tippitt marker being planned...b...

http://www.wfaa.com/...-110507339.html . ''Farris Rookstool knows well the spot where Tippit died on 10th Street, having been the FBI analyst who was the custodian of Kennedy assassination records for the bureau.''

Hey Bernice, thanks for the link. Indeed, their should be a memorial to JD Tippitt, and I'll chip in a few bucks for an historic marker.

There's also a need for a grand jury investigation into Tippit's death, to determine who killed him and why he died.

And its so nice to know that Farris Rookstool is still around and active, and used to archive the FBI records on the case, as he might be able to answer Jim Root's question as to whatever happened to the FBI report prepared by SA Hosty that is mentioned in the course of Hosty's Warren Commission testimony, but was never entereed into evidence and given an Exhibit Number, so we don't know what it said.

Mabye the reporter who wrote the story, and whose email is attached, can hook Jim Root up with former SA Rookstool and get an answer to Jim's question.

Curious minds want to know what happened to that document, including me.

Oh, yea, here's a link to a photo of the JFK Assassination records the FBI did release. Wonder what's in the ones they won't let us read?

http://jfkcountercoup.blogspot.com/2009/12/fbi-jfk-assassination-files.html

And a happy thanksgiving to you and eveybody on the forum.

BK

Plan Advances for Tippitt Memorial

by BRAD WATSON

WFAA

Posted on November 24, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Updated yesterday at 7:40 PM

DALLAS Just two days after News 8 first reported on the idea to put a historical marker at the spot where Officer J.D. Tippit was killed by suspected Kennedy assassin Lee Harvey Oswald, support is quickly growing.

Farris Rookstool knows well the spot where Tippit died on 10th Street, having been the FBI analyst who was the custodian of Kennedy assassination records for the bureau.

"Having a marker here is very important to mark the spot and to educate future generations," Rookstool said.

He agreed to help the Old Oak Cliff Conservation League with its application for a Texas Historical Commission marker to place on property where the new Adamson High School is going.

"Before long, all of these houses if they are scraped off and new structures put here it'll be very difficult for people to orient themselves to where was the exact location," Rookstool said.

With the landmark application process under way, ideas are being developed to raise money privately to cover the cost of the marker.

Some Dallas police officers are seeking department approval to sell J.D. Tippit medallions to raise money, and other civic organizations may also be interested.Rookstool was instrumental in arranging for Dallas police this week to honor citizen Temple Bowley, who called for help on Tippit's radio that fateful day in 1963.

Rookstool said he doesn't think raising the money for a state historical marker will be difficult. "I think people would really rally around that," he said.

The state could approve the marker next year.

E-mail bwatson@wfaa.com

Related:

Edited by William Kelly

Hosty's fbi report, ding, something was niggling, when i read that phrase, ,,,.....your welcome perhaps the author can put them in contact and one never knows what may

come about...I hope you and yours all have a grand day, with a picturesque gobbler,:D such as below...and of course all in the STATES,,,HAPPY THANKSGIVING....take care..b