The Education Forum

John Armstrong's Papers

I'm sure Greg P. is jumping for joy! :P:ice:D:lol::rolleyes:

Trying to foment discord again, Len? The ACLU would be sooooo proud...

The raw data is not to blame. It is how it is assessed and used that is the issue.

Armstrong gets a thumb.gif for making it available.

The raw data is not to blame. It is how it is assessed and used that is the issue.

That was meant to be humorous, lighten up.

Full collection of Harvey & Lee research materials located here:

John Armstrong Papers

Baylor University deserves a lot of credit for housing so many collections and other materials pertaining to the assassination of President Kennedy.

http://www.baylor.edu/lib/poage/jfk/index.php?id=64837

they do, and someone needs to give armstrong a medal

An interesting bit regarding Harry Dean's experiences and appearance on Tom Snyder's show:

LINK: Tom Snyder - Harry Dean Interview

EXCERPT:

"While Morris and Dean were staying in New York's Sheraton Hotel, the night before their TV appearance, Dean's room was entered and searched. A man closely resembling Dean had asked

the room clerk for the key to Room 1465, where Dean was registered under the name "Dean Falon". The former CIA/FBI agent had used this alias many times before. Dean's room had been thoroughly

searched, and a suit of his clothes was missing. Fortunately he had taken his briefcase of JFK assassination material with him. Hotel security police, after learning who Harry Dean was, said they were

convinced the incident was not a routine burglary. The suit was stolen as cover for ransacking the room. Shaken, Dean sat in the hotel lobby all that night, afraid to go to bed. The break-in was not

mentioned to Tom Snyder. It had already been decided that Dean would wear a mask to conceal his identity on the show.

SNYDER: Two gentlemen will be on the program during the hour. First of all, Mr. W.R. Morris. Mr. Morris has spent his lifetime working as a news reporter and newspaper man, mostly in the Southern

part of this country. Most of his writings have been in the field of investigative reporting. M y second guest, I can only call Mr. X or Mr. Agent, which do you prefer? Mr. X or Mr. Agent?

AGENT: Either. Either will be fine.

SNYDER: I'll call you Mr. X. This man was acting for both the CIA and the FBI during the 1960's. He has worked as an informant and infiltrator with various organizations here in this country. I'm going

to play stupid here at the outset, Mr. Morris, and I guess I'd like to start with you and find out where this story begins and how you became involved with Mr. X.

MORRIS: As I previously stated, I arrived early at the gravesite and a man was holding the flowers in his hands reading a note. I asked him who he was, and he asked me who I was, and I said a newspaper

man. So, he said don't mention me at all, don't describe me in a story, don't say nothing about it. I said, well, this is a very good chance for a young reporter writing about a mysterious man putting flowers

on the grave of Lee Harvey Oswald. He begged me not to, and then later on, we became acquainted. He was a CIA agent.

SNYDER: Did he identify himself as such at the time?

MORRIS: He didn't. Not right then, but later he did..."

Fascinating stuff.

Edited by Greg Burnham

That was meant to be humorous, lighten up.

What humor do you have? All you do is stay on the Forum making snide remarks. Do you have a job, a girlfriend or a hobby? Do you have a life? What research have you done?

Maybe you don't know but I answered that question you asked about Dorothy Hunt's plane in the Watergate forum.

Kathy C

An interesting bit regarding Harry Dean's experiences and appearance on Tom Snyder's show:

EXCERPT:

"While Morris and Dean were staying in New York's Sheraton Hotel, the night before their TV appearance, Dean's room was entered and searched. A man closely resembling Dean had asked

the room clerk for the key to Room 1465, where Dean was registered under the name "Dean Falon". The former CIA/FBI agent had used this alias many times before. Dean's room had been thoroughly

searched, and a suit of his clothes was missing. Fortunately he had taken his briefcase of JFK assassination material with him. Hotel security police, after learning who Harry Dean was, said they were

convinced the incident was not a routine burglary. The suit was stolen as cover for ransacking the room. Shaken, Dean sat in the hotel lobby all that night, afraid to go to bed. The break-in was not

mentioned to Tom Snyder. It had already been decided that Dean would wear a mask to conceal his identity on the show.

SNYDER: Two gentlemen will be on the program during the hour. First of all, Mr. W.R. Morris. Mr. Morris has spent his lifetime working as a news reporter and newspaper man, mostly in the Southern

part of this country. Most of his writings have been in the field of investigative reporting. M y second guest, I can only call Mr. X or Mr. Agent, which do you prefer? Mr. X or Mr. Agent?

SNYDER: I'll call you Mr. X. This man was acting for both the CIA and the FBI during the 1960's. He has worked as an informant and infiltrator with various organizations here in this country. I'm going

to play stupid here at the outset, Mr. Morris, and I guess I'd like to start with you and find out where this story begins and how you became involved with Mr. X.

MORRIS: As I previously stated, I arrived early at the gravesite and a man was holding the flowers in his hands reading a note. I asked him who he was, and he asked me who I was, and I said a newspaper

man. So, he said don't mention me at all, don't describe me in a story, don't say nothing about it. I said, well, this is a very good chance for a young reporter writing about a mysterious man putting flowers

on the grave of Lee Harvey Oswald. He begged me not to, and then later on, we became acquainted. He was a CIA agent.

Fascinating stuff.

Thank you, Greg, for providing this to us. You know my interest in Donald O. Norton. What I found on the Internet caused me to go into tachycardia. At the time Rich was sick and not speaking to me. I was going nuts.

Anyway, thanks for your work.

Kathy C

post-5645-016309800 1305273546_thumb.gif

Hi Kathy,

I hope you're feeling much better now. John's work is really quite remarkable. Even if he had not written a book, but had only collated the official records

that he researched, Armstrong would have contributed immensely to this study.

Greg

EXCERPT:

Fascinating stuff.

Thank you, Greg, for providing this to us. You know my interest in Donald O. Norton. What I found on the Internet caused me to go into tachycardia. At the time Rich was sick and not speaking to me. I was going nuts.

Anyway, thanks for your work.

Kathy C