The Education Forum

Speech on 23.11.1963

This speech must have been written in advance, like the Trade Mart speech. I would like to know, if it is an important one. With Vietnam remarks or something like that. I tend to think so, because by then - without the assassination - half of JFKs cabinet members would have been in Japan. But...

I can't find it on the internet.

Thx

KK

This speech must have been written in advance, like the Trade Mart speech. I would like to know, if it is an important one. With Vietnam remarks or something like that. I tend to think so, because by then - without the assassination - half of JFKs cabinet members would have been in Japan. But...

Thx

KK

Seems the only JFK presidential-address, of which no transcript exists...vanished, like the Harper-Fragment, or his brain... ;)

KK

Thx

KK

Seems the only JFK presidential-address, of which no transcript exists...vanished, like the Harper-Fragment, or his brain... ;)

KK

Have you checked with the JFK Library in Boston?

BK

JFKcountercoup

Karl,

His brief announcement was videotaped a few days before the Texas trip and was to be broadcast in the US and Japan on 11-22. NBC had the tape and aired it a day or two later. I have a copy of it somewhere at the house but I cannot find a transcript anywhere on line. Odd.

Gary Mack

Me: Thx. Would be good to have the transcript. A tape could be edited.

Gary Mack, 23.1.2012

I agree, Karl, and I’m surprised I couldn’t find the text anywhere. The address was short and was shot with one camera. Kennedy stood at a podium, as best I remember, and read a prepared statement. You might contact the Kennedy Library for a transcript and/or a tape.

Gary

I found this short speech: but this looks like a try on Nov. 20.11.63 held in the rose garden of the White House... for the speech Kennedy was about to give LIVE via Satellite on Nov. 23 1963...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=749gdCqSXuo

The Text under the Video provided by a Helmer Reenberg is misleading: he said

The cancelled broadcast of President John F. Kennedy's prerecorded message to the Japanese people

Thats BS. If you are about to hold a life speech to the Japanese people, there is no need to prerecord it!!! AND: the content of this brief statement is rather meaningless. To me another prove that this short statement is a try...the transcript of Kennedys last speech, he desired to deliver on Nov. 23. 1963 LIVE via Satellite to the Japanese people, is still missing...

KK

Edited by Karl Kinaski

• 3 years later...

Acc. to Pierre Salinger, Kennedy wanted to visit Japan in mid January of 1964. The flight of the half of his cabinet(sic) to Japan the day he was assassinated, was the prelude to that visit, Salinger says. The lost speech to the Japanese people, which Kennedy wanted to held on Nov. 23. 1963 via satellite was another step in that direction.

What was the agenda of Kennedys scheduled Japan visit?

Edited by Karl Kinaski