The Education Forum

Mr. Thompson about a photo In your book.

There is a photo you have in your book of a bullet that a Mr Wright said he found on a gurney. Can you remember what caliber the round was?

Any info would be grateful.

The photo you have in mind I believe is on page 175 with CE 399 just below it. From O. P. Wright, I understood this was a hunting round of some sort, a .30-30 or .30-06 caliber. I photographed it back at the Sheraton Hotel with a hotel key in the photo so that width or caliber might be readily figured out. However, Wright was clear that the bullet did not depict the caliber of the bullet he held and turned over to Agent Johnsen but only that the pointed shape was similar to the bullet he had briefly in his possession.

JT

There is a photo you have in your book of a bullet that a Mr Wright said he found on a gurney. Can you remember what caliber the round was?

The photo you have in mind I believe is on page 175 with CE 399 just below it. From O. P. Wright, I understood this was a hunting round of some sort, a .30-30 or .30-06 caliber. I photographed it back at the Sheraton Hotel with a hotel key in the photo so that width or caliber might be readily figured out. However, Wright was clear that the bullet did not depict the caliber of the bullet he held and turned over to Agent Johnsen but only that the pointed shape was similar to the bullet he had briefly in his possession.

JT

Did he say if the size of the bullet was similar?

Nope.

JT

Did he say if the size of the bullet was similar?