The Education Forum

To Jim DiEugenio

Mark Wengler

Jim i was wondering if you book is still available? As i am trying to rebuild my collection.

Guest Robert Morrow

Jim i was wondering if you book is still available? As i am trying to rebuild my collection.

DiEugenio has 2 books that I can think of:

1) "The Assassinations: Probe Magazine on JFK, MLK, RFK, and Malcolm X"

http://www.amazon.com/Assassinations-Probe-Magazine-JFK-Malcolm/dp/0922915822/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1330322645&sr=1-1

2) "Destiny Betrayed : J.F.K., Cuba, and the Garrison Case"

http://www.amazon.com/Destiny-Betrayed-J-F-K-Cuba-Garrison/dp/1879823004/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1330322645&sr=1-2

Another place to buy good used books is AbeBooks (dot) com.

http://www.abebooks.com/

The Last Hurrah Bookshop, run by Andy Winiarczyk specializes in hard to find books on the JFK assassination and related topics: http://www.lasthurrahbookshop.net/

Andrew Winiarczyk

Proprietor

937 Memorial Ave.

Williamsport, Pennsylvania 17701

570-321-1150

info@lasthurrahbookshop.com

Edited by Robert Morrow

Guest Robert Morrow

Whatever you do, don't buy the first one, Destiny Betrayed.

That is being reissued for the anniversary in November and they let me rewrite it.

It will be a much, much better book than the first edition. I will be using many of the new ARRB docs. And the book will be reorganized also. WIth whole chapters dropped, and others added. For instance, there will be whole new chapters on the autopsy and Kennedy's foreign policy. In fact, that particular chapter, JFK's foreign policy, will be fifty pages long. RIght now I am about 25% done with the rewrite.

As per The Assassinations, which I am very proud to have co-edited with Lisa Pease, I don't have anymore copies. The Kindle edition just came out. So you will have to get it off Amazon. The Kindle edition did bring down the price some.

Jim, I think your best contributions will be in the area of JFK's foreign policy. He really was quite a dove and far more sympathetic to Third World nationalism than any president we have had, except for maybe Jimmy Carter. However, JFK's hawkish rhetoric came back to bite him in the butt. He was camouflaging who he really was and that is not good.

I am now beginning to think the Kennedy brothers knew about the CIA-mafia plots against Castro and supported them, at least in the early years. I definitely think that Robert Kennedy just did not care how the CIA got rid of Castro; RFK may not have wanted to know all the details but he told them to get rid of the Castro regime and they would interpret that as using any means necessary including assassinating Castro.

Here is an ARRB document that I hope you will use: Hoover's letter to Lyndon Johnson on 12/1/66 saying that the KGB had concluded by 9/16/65 that Lyndon Johnson had orchestrated the JFK assassination. Do you not think that is extremely important that the world's largest foreign intelligence service had concluded that? The Russians were pretty good at spycraft: they stole our atomic secrets in the 1940's. The Russians, who were on the verge of being framed for the JFK assassination, had a keen interest in finding out WHO had really killed JFK. The KGB's conclusion: Lyndon Johnson.

http://www.indiana.edu/~oah/nl/98feb/jfk.html#d1

Jim, you are always talking about how important the ARRB revelations were and how much we learned from those documents. Is the realization that the KGB had concluded that Lyndon Johnson murdered John Kennedy blockbuster enough for you? I guarantee you the Russians did not respect anyone's 4th Amendment rights when they went about mobilizing their vast foreign intelligence service into figuring out who *really* killed JFK.

"On September 16, 1965, this same source reported that the KGB Residency in New York City received instructions approximately September 16, 1965, from KGB headquarters in Moscow to develop all possible information concerning President Lyndon B. Johnson's character, background, personal friends, family, and from which quarters he derives his support in his position as President of the United States. Our source added that in the instructions from Moscow, it was indicated that "now" the KGB was in possession of data purporting to indicate President Johnson was responsible for the assassination of the late President John F. Kennedy. KGB headquarters indicated that in view of this information, it was necessary for the Soviet Government to know the existing personal relationship between President Johnson and the Kennedy family, particularly between President Johnson and Robert and "Ted" Kennedy."

Also, go to page 1,492-1,496 of Doug Horne's Volume V of his book "Inside the Assassinations Record Review Board." The leader of the FBI records team Phil Golrick told author Doug Horne that "the specific language in the FBI report indicates that the information was obtained through electronic surveillance, not human intelligence, and it should be considered a very reliable record of what the KGB had been telling its own people behind closed doors in its own Residency in New York City." (Horne, p. 1493, Volume 5, Inside the ARRB).

Edited by Robert Morrow

• 2 weeks later...

Whatever you do, don't buy the first one, Destiny Betrayed.

That is being reissued for the anniversary in November and they let me rewrite it.

It will be a much, much better book than the first edition. I will be using many of the new ARRB docs. And the book will be reorganized also. WIth whole chapters dropped, and others added. For instance, there will be whole new chapters on the autopsy and Kennedy's foreign policy. In fact, that particular chapter, JFK's foreign policy, will be fifty pages long. RIght now I am about 25% done with the rewrite.

As per The Assassinations, which I am very proud to have co-edited with Lisa Pease, I don't have anymore copies. The Kindle edition just came out. So you will have to get it off Amazon. The Kindle edition did bring down the price some.

Thanks for the info Jim i will wait for the better book in Nov to come out.