The Education Forum

Ronald Reagan

Guest Robert Morrow

Hale Boggs said that J. Edgar Hoover “lied his eyes out” to the Warren Commission

Hale Boggs came to completely reject the Warren Report

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKboggs.htm

According to one of his friends: "Hale felt very, very torn during his work (on the Commission) ... he wished he had never been on it and wished he'd never signed it (the Warren Report)." Another former aide argued that, "Hale always returned to one thing: Hoover lied his eyes out to the Commission - on Oswald, on Ruby, on their friends, the bullets, the gun, you name it."

Guest Robert Morrow

Exactly one month after JFK Assassination, Harry Truman wrote and Op-Ed piece in

Wash. Post calling for the CIA to be reigned in.

Truman all but says the CIA murdered John Kennedy! (Reading between the lines.)

Column was pulled for afternoon editions … hit some CIA nerves?

http://www.maebrussell.com/Prouty/Harry%20Truman's%20CIA%20article.html

The Washington Post

December 22, 1963 - page A11

Harry Truman Writes:

Limit CIA Role

To Intelligence

By Harry S Truman

Copyright, 1963, by Harry S Truman

INDEPENDENCE, MO., Dec. 21 — I think it has become necessary to take another look at the purpose and operations of our Central Intelligence Agency—CIA. At least, I would like to submit here the original reason why I thought it necessary to organize this Agency during my Administration, what I expected it to do and how it was to operate as an arm of the President.

I think it is fairly obvious that by and large a President's performance in office is as effective as the information he has and the information he gets. That is to say, that assuming the President himself possesses a knowledge of our history, a sensitive understanding of our institutions, and an insight into the needs and aspirations of the people, he needs to have available to him the most accurate and up-to-the-minute information on what is going on everywhere in the world, and particularly of the trends and developments in all the danger spots in the contest between East and West. This is an immense task and requires a special kind of an intelligence facility.

Of course, every President has available to him all the information gathered by the many intelligence agencies already in existence. The Departments of State, Defense, Commerce, Interior and others are constantly engaged in extensive information gathering and have done excellent work.

But their collective information reached the President all too frequently in conflicting conclusions. At times, the intelligence reports tended to be slanted to conform to established positions of a given department. This becomes confusing and what's worse, such intelligence is of little use to a President in reaching the right decisions.

Therefore, I decided to set up a special organization charged with the collection of all intelligence reports from every available source, and to have those reports reach me as President without department "treatment" or interpretations.

I wanted and needed the information in its "natural raw" state and in as comprehensive a volume as it was practical for me to make full use of it. But the most important thing about this move was to guard against the chance of intelligence being used to influence or to lead the President into unwise decisions—and I thought it was necessary that the President do his own thinking and evaluating.

Since the responsibility for decision making was his—then he had to be sure that no information is kept from him for whatever reason at the discretion of any one department or agency, or that unpleasant facts be kept from him. There are always those who would want to shield a President from bad news or misjudgments to spare him from being "upset."

For some time I have been disturbed by the way CIA has been diverted from its original assignment. It has become an operational and at times a policy-making arm of the Government. This has led to trouble and may have compounded our difficulties in several explosive areas.

I never had any thought that when I set up the CIA that it would be injected into peacetime cloak and dagger operations. Some of the complications and embarrassment I think we have experienced are in part attributable to the fact that this quiet intelligence arm of the President has been so removed from its intended role that it is being interpreted as a symbol of sinister and mysterious foreign intrigue—and a subject for cold war enemy propaganda.

With all the nonsense put out by Communist propaganda about "Yankee imperialism," "exploitive capitalism," "war-mongering," "monopolists," in their name-calling assault on the West, the last thing we needed was for the CIA to be seized upon as something akin to a subverting influence in the affairs of other people.

I well knew the first temporary director of the CIA, Adm. Souers, and the later permanent directors of the CIA, Gen. Hoyt Vandenberg and Allen Dulles. These were men of the highest character, patriotism and integrity—and I assume this is true of all those who continue in charge.

But there are now some searching questions that need to be answered. I, therefore, would like to see the CIA be restored to its original assignment as the intelligence arm of the President, and that whatever else it can properly perform in that special field—and that its operational duties be terminated or properly used elsewhere.

We have grown up as a nation, respected for our free institutions and for our ability to maintain a free and open society. There is something about the way the CIA has been functioning that is casting a shadow over our historic position and I feel that we need to correct it.

Guest Robert Morrow

Yes, Bill Clinton did drive Hale Boggs to the airport before he went out to Alaska where he died in a plane crash.

Bill Clinton in 1968 was recruited by Cord Meyer to be an asset to the CIA, tattling on his anti-war buddies. The CIA paid for his trips into Eastern Europe.

I think that Hale Boggs did not die in a conspiracy and I think Clinton obviously had nothing to do with it.

I posted this video on the forum a few years back. Reagan made his Reagan minutes in the 70's, leading up to his candidacy. His presumed running mate in 76 was one of the leading forces behind the Church Committee, Richard Schweiker. Schweiker was a conspiracy theorist.

Few today realize that the HSCA investigation happened in large part because the Church Committee happened, and the Church Committee happened because the Rockefeller Commission happened, and the Rockefeller Commission happened because word had leaked--from then-President Ford--that the CIA had been trying to kill Castro, and had kept this from the WC. Thus, Kennedy's death was only investigated a second-time because people thought Castro may have been involved.

Today's researchers should know this. Left-wing Democrats(sometimes called Kennedy Democrats), on the whole, have never pushed for a new investigation.

Guest Tom Scully

I posted this video on the forum a few years back. Reagan made his Reagan minutes in the 70's, leading up to his candidacy. His presumed running mate in 76 was one of the leading forces behind the Church Committee, Richard Schweiker. Schweiker was a conspiracy theorist.

Few today realize that the HSCA investigation happened in large part because the Church Committee happened, and the Church Committee happened because the Rockefeller Commission happened, and the Rockefeller Commission happened because word had leaked--from then-President Ford--that the CIA had been trying to kill Castro, and had kept this from the WC. Thus, Kennedy's death was only investigated a second-time because people thought Castro may have been involved.

Today's researchers should know this. Left-wing Democrats(sometimes called Kennedy Democrats), on the whole, have never pushed for a new investigation.

One party, Pat, with two right wings, one called Republican, the other Democratic......

https://www.google.com/search?q=pike+lee+harvey+oswald&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:unofficial&client=firefox-nightly#hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-nightly&rls=org.mozilla:en-US%3Aunofficial&tbs=ar:1&tbm=nws&sclient=psy-ab&q=%22warren+report+has+crested+on+the+surge*%22&oq=%22warren+report+has+crested+on+the+surge*%22&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=12&gs_upl=19293l21022l5l23720l4l4l0l0l0l0l219l621l0.3.1l4l0&gs_l=serp.12...19293l21022l5l23720l4l4l0l0l0l0l219l621l0j3j1l4l0.frgbld.&psj=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=ced8ac9694c400b5&biw=1440&bih=715

THE ASSASSINATION; Assassination

New York Times - Nov 23, 1975

...In the past year or so, a fresh outpouring of books and articles attacking the Warren Report has crested on the surge of post-Watergate distrust of any Government-endorsed finding....

http://www.maryferrell.org/wiki/index.php/Post-Watergate_Intelligence_Investigations

....The Nedzi and Pike Committees

Otis Pike, D-NY.

In February 1975, the same month the Rockefeller Commission was launched, the House Select Committee on Intelligence was formed under the leadership of Michigan Representative Lucien Nedzi. Only a few months had passed when the New York Times revealed that Nedzi, as head of the House Armed Services Intelligence Subcommittee, had been briefed in 1973 by CIA Director Colby on some of the contents of the "family jewels," including assassination plotting. The resulting furor expressed by other members of the Committee resulted in the Committee being dissolved in July and replaced by one run by Otis Pike of New York. ....

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&noj=1&biw=1440&bih=715&tbs=ar%3A1&tbm=nws&q=Thomas+Downing%2C+Democrat+of+Virginia%2C++introduced+%22new+investigation%22++&oq=Thomas+Downing%2C+Democrat+of+Virginia%2C++introduced+%22new+investigation%22++&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=12&gs_upl=2540l2540l0l4966l1l1l0l0l0l0l101l101l0.1l1l0&gs_l=serp.12...2540l2540l0l4967l1l1l0l0l0l0l101l101l0j1l1l0.frgbld.

THE ASSASSINATION; Assassination

New York Times - Nov 23, 1975

... Henry Gonzalez, Democrat of Texas. and Thomas Downing, Democrat of Virginia, have introduced resolutions seeking a new investigation. ..... Republican Richard Schweiker of Pennsylvania and Democrat Gary Hart of Colorado have begun looking into three possible hypotheses-that Kennedy was killed in a....

Why Another Assassination Inquiry? .

Ocala Star-Banner - Nov 22, 1976

Earlier this year he found an ally in Thomas Downing, Democrat of Virginia, who, ... A distinctive feature of the new investigation is that it will be ...

King, Jfk Probe .Special House Panel Will Investigate...

Modesto Bee - Sep 14, 1976

Thomas Downing, d-va author of the measure to reopen the Kennedy case, ... has said the necessary first step in any new investigation is to demonstrate the ...

Downing Out To Bare 'truth' Of Conspiracy In Jfk Death .

Free Lance-Star - Dec 1, 1975

NEWPORT NEWS — Congressman Tom Downing is convinced there was a ... Downing, a conservative Democrat whose district includes the counties of ... who have already endorsed the move for a new investigation. ... of Virginia politics who might be taken aback by Downing's front-and-center role on the Kennedy issue.

Edited by Tom Scully