The Education Forum

Daily Mail Online and the JFK Assassination

Daily Mail Online surpassed the New York Times in December to become the most read newspaper on the web. It reached 45.3 million people last December, compared to the Times's 44.8 million, according to comScore. Although the Daily Mail is a terrible newspaper, in the past, it was one willing to publish stories on the JFK assassination.

Yes, it's almost un-readable these days.

I think editorially they are aiming at the people who actually buy newspapers these days.

Hence the deluge of articles about 'Soaps, reality shows and X-Factor'

You're right though, the JFK assassination crops up fairly frequently.

I made it on to the sports pages a couple of years back. So, purely to lighten the mood, check this out

B)

Yes, it's almost un-readable these days.

I think editorially they are aiming at the people who actually buy newspapers these days.

Hence the deluge of articles about 'Soaps, reality shows and X-Factor'

You're right though, the JFK assassination crops up fairly frequently.

I made it on to the sports pages a couple of years back. So, purely to lighten the mood, check this out

B)

Which one is you?

post-7-018881800 1332864045_thumb.jpg

I'm at the back, second in from the left John.

Regulars here might be interested to know that John Richardson (first on the left) was officially the first person in the UK to hear that JFK had been shot at.

John's first job when he left school was as office boy in the Reuters London office. One of his tasks was to watch the 'ticker' machine and take any important breaking news through to the editors.

He was just finishing up for the day when the ticker tape machine kicked in...

• 1 month later...