The Education Forum

Questions for Tosh

Chris Cox

Tosh, could you tell us about your involvement in early Cuba gunrunning was to aid 26th of July and how the weapons were procurred? I think people don't realize how we were simultaneously for and against the revolutionary cause. Many things that came out in press (like the kidnapping of the workers in Cuba in '58, was it?)were not the real story.

Also:

The flying of Lisa Howard into Cuba, how many times did this occur? Did you come in contact with Wm. Attwood? I think this is important as it began the period of a secret accomodation plan that must have set the military on it's ear after their involvement in pre-Castro support and then post-Castro assassination attempts.

Thanks Tosh.

Tosh, could you tell us about your involvement in early Cuba gunrunning was to aid 26th of July and how the weapons were procurred?  I think people don't realize how we were simultaneously for and against the revolutionary cause.  Many things that came out in press (like the kidnapping of the workers in Cuba in '58, was it?)were not the real story.

Also:

The flying of Lisa Howard into Cuba, how many times did this occur? Did you come in contact with Wm. Attwood?  I think this is important as it began the period of a secret accomodation plan that must have set the military on it's ear after their involvement in pre-Castro support and then post-Castro assassination attempts.

Thanks Tosh.

Hi Christy: Sorry I have taken so long in getting back to you. I have tried to answer the questions as they come, in order... but it does not seem to work that way..,

I'll try to make this short. In early 1954 Fidel Castro was in the southern mountains of Cuba with a "rag tag' bunch of rebels.. about 60 or 70 I think.. The CIA was active in Guatelmala and some of these operatives were soon working in behalf of Castro. That was the start of the gun running to the Cuban Rebels known as the Jul 26 rebel movement. In the United States arms and amo were taken from National Guard Armorys and transported by air and boat to the Castro rebels. It was a CIA OPS and the FBI had no knowledge of the arrangement. Soon the gun running reach epidemic perpotions in the lower southwest and Florida. The M-26-7 was a group of Students inside Cuba working for a free Democratic Cuba. Joe Westbrook operated as contact for CIA "cut-out" contract personal. I think but not real sure that "Wild Bill" Harvey later set in motion a team of contract CIA operatives to supply and work with the M-26-7 and this group were the go betweens for getting weponds from Florida to Cuba. In the early days Havana and safe houses around Havana were used to stage the weapons and explosive before getting them to Castro's rebels in the mountains. Soon this group was used as the main link for the CIA to get Castro the equipment he needed to defeat Batista. After Jan of 1959, all that changed and so did the CIA and its support for Castro... We became "anti-Castro and the whole arm of the U.S. Government was thron againest him.........

In the early part of 1963, or perhaps the late part of 62. I flew a lot of operatives and hit men into Cuba. John Rosellie and Jack Ruby went into Cuba many times. Ruby before the fall of Batista and Rosellie also before the Fall of Batista. Rosellie also went in after Castro came into power, twice that I know of.

I had contact with a Cuban pilot who was connected to our government. He introduced me to another Cuban who had made contact with President Kennedy that Castro would consider talks. This was the beginning of Lisa Howard and my flying her into Cuba three times I think.. the last time around April or June of 63, about the time of the Wm Pawley affair and the dealings concerning Eddie Bayo.. I flew her from NY to Miami on two other occausions and then covertly from Miami to Havana. I did not know Attwood, but he knew of me as the pilot because I had a long history of covert flights into Cuba. I also talked to her many times about Cuba and at one time she ask if I would like to work with the team who were working with her... I already knew who they were and declined. I was to close to secret assassination teams to eliminate Castro and I was associated with John Rosellie (aka Col Rawlston) from JMWAVE and its EX Action ZR/RIFLE programs.. I would have never got into President Kennedy's "Olive Branch" to Castro program. I would only be a liability and would have been in time 'Eliminated". I know this is spoty and short and perhaps raises more questions that it solves... But you know when I first mentioned this to you.. I think it was some years ago when we were talking about Havana and your Father... long befor the Lisa Howard story and documents were de-classified and released. Right? Take care... hope this helps..

Thanks Tosh, it does help and does lead to more questions. Perhaps this is why we talk about the assassination as one event from many, involving Cuba.

I wonder if the JCS was really surprised at this secret accomodation plan. When they learned of it yet knew of Bobby's work with the exiles, how could they not feel "dissed" to put it mildly. And the Cubans who had received assistance find that LBJ shuts it them down. The FBI and CIA, their constant monitoring of the various operations, ongoing since they early days in CUba, and the ops in Haiti and Domincan Rep. ongoing.

Dallas event became a great liability for these factions on the perifery. Then we have Warren who cries at the great lie and Russell who knew of the operations in Cuba, yet questions the official story. Hard to know where to start.

Great input Tosh.

Chris

Thanks Tosh, it does help and does lead to more questions.  Perhaps this is why we talk about the assassination as one event from many, involving Cuba. 

I wonder if the JCS was really surprised at this secret accomodation plan.  When they learned of it yet knew of Bobby's work with the exiles, how could they not feel "dissed" to put it mildly.  And the Cubans who had received assistance find that LBJ shuts it them down.  The FBI and CIA, their constant monitoring of the various operations, ongoing since they early days in CUba, and the ops in Haiti and Domincan Rep. ongoing.

Dallas event became a great liability for these factions on the perifery.  Then we have Warren who cries at the great lie and Russell who knew of the operations in Cuba, yet questions the official story.  Hard to know where to start.

Great input Tosh.

Chris

I'm sure it was hard on everyone involved in those operations from the JCS as well as the Oval Office.

Another project you reminded me about when you mention other OPs going on in the Dominican Republic and Hati. Do you remember when we talked about "Lester Murphy" and the doctor who was kidnapped and flown from the Dominican Republic to New York? The aircraft a twin beach D-18 of which I think I might have mention your father or Sherry's father might have flown with Alex Rouke in the Florida Keys. The aircraft at one time belong to "Steave Guthrie" a associate of John Pasily (?). The story is recorded in the old Life Magazine about 1958, I think "Galandez (?)"/ "Lester Murphy" Galandez I think was the kidnapped person who was taken to NY at the request of the CIA. Well anyway, I find it strange that John Paisely, who was killed in the Cheespeak Bay boating "accident" who was weighted down with chains and found in the Bay with a bullit in the head commited suicide... I think the background of this OPS can be found in that life article. I think I sent you a copy a few years ago, or maybe it was Sherry. The aircraft ID I think was N6800, but not sure today. There is a picture of it with its NC number in the article. Its interesting as to who it was register two "Atlantic Richfield" "Mid States Aviation". and "Southwest Airmotive", Dallas Love Field. Anyway if you like and you can find that information in your files it would lead into the Liza Howard material of 1962-63 and her murder and her trips from NY to Florida... OH yes. shortly after "Galandiz" was taken to NY. Lester Murphy was reported missing and has never been found... another CIA mystery... one of many... still that one is like the Rosellie mystery... neither crime has been solved as well as John A Pasiley murder (?) Three possible murders. never really investigated... Interesting.. Right?

Guest Eugene B. Connolly

Is Tosh's name a hint to the veracity and credibility of the content of his posts?

Are Americans aware what the word 'tosh' means?

Encarta World English Dictionary:

tosh /tosh/ nonsense or foolishness (dated informal Mid- 19thC. Origin unknown)

Just a thought.......

EBC

Edited by Eugene B. Connolly

Is Tosh's name a hint to the veracity and credibility of the content of his posts?

Are Americans aware what the word 'tosh' means?

Encarta World English Dictionary:

tosh    /tosh/    nonsense or foolishness (dated informal Mid- 19thC. Origin unknown)

Just a thought.......

EBC

EBS: Yes. I have been told that many times. Also. In the south (here in America) around the time of the Civil War, the word Tosh also meant a kind of " silly person. a jokester. Phrases like "Oh Tosh, Tosh". If I have fabricated my story and it is all "Tosh, "Tosh", then I am one hell of a good jokester and have really pulled a lot of legs on this one, forgetting all the factual material, by me and others, which is interwoven within my world class joke. Thanks for the information. Any good researcher would have to take it into consideration.. That type of stuff is what makes good researchers. Thanks for the post EDC Later "Tosh, Tosh".. I have to go out of town, and pull some more legs with my company....

Tosh,

Don't get mad, no forum is clean.

I have an interesting question:  Did you ever cross paths with Harry Dean?

Wim

Hey Wim: I was'nt mad. I think its interesting and shows detailed work. No I do not remember any association with Harry Dean. I'm not sure if our paths ever crossed. I crossed paths with a lot of people, some I remember, some I do not.

...I ask a pilot friend of mind a few years ago (American West) If he knew who was on his flight from Phoenix to San Diego on August the 3rd 1998. He could not recall. He was surprised when I told him the "Son of Sam" I can't understand why he could not remember." (...thasts a pun, Wim.. you know a funny.. Take care Tosh

Tosh is a nickname...in no way is this prejudicial. Tosh is breaking the south knoll railroad triangulation angle, an eyewitness... and giving us chapter and verse on the zero rifle executive action, on the CIA 's Tracy Barnes, William Harvey and old-line JM/WAVE. Did you notice the reference to the early support for castro?

His knowledge of the backchannel peace negotiation actors, the risks, Ruby in Cuba... Really, now that's old school...Tosh means the real thing, man....

Shanet

Guest Eugene B. Connolly

After more detailed research the word 'tosh' it sems has several

meanings:-

1/ Tosh - twaddle,bosh

2/ Tosh - trim,comforatble. (Scot)

3/ Tosh - friend,chum

Well, I suppose Tosh's real name could be MacIntosh and Tosh would be a legitimate nickname for someone called MacIntosh. Why, I even knew a guy called MacIntosh who was always affectionately referred to as 'Tosh'.

Perhaps we could run this flag up and see who salutes it....?

My only concern with Tosh's contributions is that they are a little too detailed ...a little too precise for their own good.

Also why this forum? Why not circulate this 'information' to a broader audience? Why not go to the national media - TV and Press? Finally why have we had to wait over 40 years to hear about this?

EBC

Edited by John Simkin

You should meet Tosh's sister: "Pshaw." So he has a nickname. Let's not get lost in silly research. There's much

better stuff to look up out there.

Remember some guys will never talk. Some have freaked completely out. Tosh has a refreshing candor

about some very dark sides of US foreign policy.

I and others here, have seen the drama and ugliness on other forums when Tosh was posting there. He's been posting

over these months on the three major JFK forums. Most of us were interested and treated him with respect, but

others were unduly rude. I've saved some posts just to remind myself how nasty some researchers can be to each

other. Egos need to be checked at the door, IMO.

A little background is needed. Tosh has gone on record to various news outlets and in radio interviews. See

his 80's article in San Diego Reader: "I Ran Drugs for Uncle Sam." He's testified to DC heavies over many years.

He was a source for Hinckle and Turner the pioneers in Cuba research, in SF in late 70s. Ramparts Mag was big outlet

for these kinds of articles during that time. Hinckle was Editor.

When Iran Contra broke men like Tosh: J. Stockwell(Africa, Cent.America), Dave MacMichael (CIA analyst), Verne

Lyon(Cuba) and Phillip Roettinger(PB Success) were filling churches and living rooms with people interested in

hearing the other side of covert operations.

Former DEA's (Deep Cover 1990) Mike Levine still has his show on Tosh available for streaming. A

Colorado paper did an article ages ago. Tosh has been contributing his story a long time.

Just because you (You used generally here) haven't read about him doesn't mean he hasn't been telling his story.

With all due respects, Tosh is one of many good sources who are out there tossing in their two cents.

Back to Questions for Tosh:

Tosh, you have probably already covered something regarding the following, at least to some extent. However, I'd appreciate your replies whenever you get a chance.

1) Regarding what you were asked to do on 11/21/1963 - 11/23/1963, who hired you?

2) What exactly where you asked to do?

3) Did the people that hired you, or the ones that were with you, discuss Dealy Plaza, the motorcade, and the President specifically prior to your arrival in Dallas?

4) How many of the same people did you fly out of Dallas on 11/22/1963 as you flew in? Were there any new people on board?

5) Did anyone from the group, you were associated with around those days, ever discuss what went down on 11/22/1963 after the events had taken place?

Thanks!

Edited by Antti Hynonen

Guest Eugene B. Connolly
You should meet Tosh's sister: "Pshaw."  So he has a nickname.  Let's not get lost in silly research.  There's  much

better stuff to look up out there.

Just because you (You used generally here) haven't read about him doesn't mean he hasn't been telling his story.

With all due respects, Tosh is one of many good sources who are out there tossing in their two cents.

Y'all hold on a cotton pickin' minute there!

Why should I ('I' used generally here) ;) meet with Tosh's sister?

Yes indeed Tosh may have a nickname and 'Tosh' may be that nickname.

And there's nothing intrinsically wrong with having a nickname.

With all due and undue respects let us all get lost in 'silly research'.

There's nothing as refreshing as a bout of good old

downhome 'silly research' and btw doesn't silly research

constitute or qualify as an 'oxymoron'? (E.g.'military intelligence')

I should respectfully suggest that some of the most

groundbreaking research has been positively 'silly'.

As regards Tosh there is one thing which

can be said in his favour: The man has a sense of humour!

How refreshing! (There's that darn word 'refreshing' again).

So lighten up, y'all and good on you Tosh!

EBC

Edited by Eugene B. Connolly