The Education Forum

Did anyone see CNN's replay of the Bush '41' hagiography that aired Saturday, September 1?

Total attempt to rehabilitate the image of the Bush family but actually is startlingly revealing of the family's patrician/plutocratic background and is present day agenda. What perhaps is not so remarkable is the ommission of controversial pieces of 41's history, such as his role in the Bay of Pigs disaster and the where exactly he was and what he was doing on November 23, 1963. It goes from death of daughter Robin in 1953, then skips to a clip of 41 berating the 'New Frontier' in an ad against Ralph Yarborough, the 'flaming liberal'. I want to know who authorized and funded this transparent propaganda at HBO and why it was shown on CNN. This elitist cabal is going try to steal this election and then try to get Jeb installed in 2016, I can feel it. The ruling class is well aware that we are now firmly ensconced in the age of peak oil driven austerity and are going to do everything required to make sure they retain their privileged existence at the expense of suffering middle class and working folks.

Guest Robert Morrow

Here is some very useful information on George Herbert Walker Bush especially relating to 1980's CIA drug smuggling and the murder of CIA agent Barry Seal in 1986.

George Herbert Walker Bush, Oliver North and the 1986 Murder of Barry Seal

[Daniel Hopsicker, "Barry & the Boys: The CIA, The Mob and America's Secret History," pp. 375-376]

"Lewis Unglesby is today a prominent and very well connected Louisiana lawyer. At the time his name was daily on the front page of the state's newspapers., defending his long-time client and associate, Governor Edwin Edwards.

Unglesby had told us about a confrontation he had with Barry over the fact that Seal was keeping him in the dark about matters Unglesbly considered crucial to defending him...

"Barry pushed the phone across the desk to me and said, 'You wanna know what's going on? Here. Dial this number. Tell 'em you're me,' Unglesby related.

"When I did what he requested," he continued, "A female voice answered the phone, sayin' 'Vice President Bush's office, may I help you?'"

"I said, 'This is Barry Seal.' She asked me to wait while she transferred the call, which was immediately picked up by a man who identified himself as Admiral somebody or other, who said to me 'Barry, Where you been?'"

"That's when I told him that I wasn't Barry Seal, I was his lawyer," said Unglesby. "Immediately he slammed down the phone."

So why was Barry Seal murdered?" we asked Sharpstein.

"Unglesby said he had been with Seal when the IRS came and seized all his property," Sharpstein related. "The IRS man said, 'You owe us $30 million for the money you made in drug dealing.'

"Hey, I work for you," was Seal's reply. "We work for the same people."

"You don't work for us," the IRS agent stated. "We're the IRS."

"Unglesby was with Seal when he retired to a back roonm." Sharpstein stated. "He watched as Seal placed a call to George Bush. He heard Barry Seal tell Bush, 'If you don't get these IRS assholes off my back I'm going to blow the whistle on the Contra scheme."

Sharpstein spoke solemnly, aware of the gravity of his words..., "'That's why he's dead,' is what Unglesby said."

One week after the phone conversation between Barry Seal and George Bush, Seal was sentenced to a halfway house. Two weeks later he was dead.

"Barry Seal, you mean that agent that went bad?" Gordon Novel had casually inquired, when we'd posed the question of his associations with Seal.

An agent that 'goes bad,' as we understand intelligence industry trade jargon, is one who contemplates talking.

"Seal was gunned down, supposedly by those Colombians," says Sharpstein. "But they were fed information by the assholes in our government who wanted him dead."

The assassination of Barry Seal was very likely even not the first attempt on Seal's life by North, we were told by CIA electronics expert Red Hall, on the ground in Nicaragua with Seal on the Sandinista drug sting....

"The only thing I knew was the CIA had a lot to do with it (Barry's murder.) The killers were being directed by Oliver North at the time. It was the same thing Oliver North pulled on us down in Nicaragua."

"Then, I didn't know yet that Oliver North had it for Barry Seal, because he was working with Oliver at that particular point. We was undercover, and we were still down there (Nicaragua), when Oliver blew the whistle on us."

Chip Tatum, another covert operative who had known Seal and shared confidences with him, listened with amusement the first time we breathlessly relayed what we'd discovered: that Oliver North is guilty in the assassination of Barry Seal...

"No xxxx, Sherlock," he replied, laughing. "It ain't exactly the secret of the century, I can tell you."

[Daniel Hopsicker, "Barry & the Boys: The CIA, The Mob and America's Secret History," pp. 375-376]

Al Martin conversation with Jeb Bush just days after the Feb., 1986 Murder of Barry Seal in Baton Rouge

Al Martin: "In this discussion, I had mentioned the recent assassination, only a few days before, of Barry Seal [Feb, 1986, outside his halfway house in New Orleans].

I said to Jeb, "Isn't is convenient that Barry Seal was assassinated when he was? And now suddenly all the information and documents he had are gone missing?"

Jeb had a rather broad smile on his face, and he concurred that it was convenient. He added a little snicker - as he often had a tendency of doing. Also little beads of sweat formed on his forehead, as when he gets nervous. It's something you can notice when he's on television. He still has a tendency to have little beads of sweat around his forehead, when he is either lying about something, or he's nervous about what someone is saying." [ Al Martin, "The Conspirators: Secrets of an Iran-Contra Insider," p. 194]

Chip Tatum - CIA operative who worked closely with Oliver North in the 1980's

Google "Chip Tatum Pegasus"

http://whatreallyhappened.com/RANCHO/POLITICS/MENA/TATUM/tatum.html

Mr. North stated the following to the other passengers, "One more year of this and we'll all retire." He then made a remark concerning Barry Seal and Governor Clinton. "If we can keep those Arkansas hicks in line, that is," referring to the loss of monies as determined the week prior during their meeting in Costa Rica. I stood silently by the vat of leaves, listening to the conversation. General Alverez had gone with the Contra leader to discuss logistics. The other three - North, Rodriguez, and Ami Nir - continued through the wooden building, inspecting the cocaine. North continued, "...but he (Vice President Bush) is very concerned about those missing monies. I think he's going to have Jeb (Bush) arrange something out of Columbia," he told his comrades, not thinking twice of my presence. What Mr. North was referring to ended up being the assassination of Barry Seal by members of the Medellin Cartel in early 1986.

"Compromised: Clinton, Bush & the CIA; how the Presidency was Co-opted by the CIA" by Terry Reed & John Cummings, pp. 211-213]

CIA drug smuggler Barry Seal thought he had blackmail info on the Bushes, until he ended up riddle with bullets

on Feb. 19, 1986 in Baton Rouge, LA

"As the two walked away, Terry could hear Seal say, "Well, I'm sorry Leroy, if they feel like I'm blackmailin' 'em. But this is business and I just gotta do what I gotta do ..."

At 10 AM, after saying goodbye to Tracta, the two prepared to depart. Terry felt that he would be home for dinner with any luck. He was wondering what new excitement would be awaiting him on the trip back.

It didn't take long for him to find out. As soon as the two were airborne, Seal laid it on him. He was full of pent-up emotion and startled his flying companion as they exited Howard airspace.

Seal began yelling at the top of his voice, something out of character for him. Terry had never seen him this euphoric.

"YEE-HAWWWWWW," he screamed. "I'm gonna xxxxin' make it. We're gonna do this, Terry. We've got these assholes eatin' outa our hands. YEE-HAWWWWWWWWW. Give me the xxxxin' airplane.

He grabbed the control yoke and executed a series of aileron rolls. Terry had never been sick in an airplane, but he was sure about to lose his SOS.

"OK, enough of that xxxx," Seal said after seeming to tire of the aerobatic antics. "You got the airplane, I'll hook up the radios."

"Terry sat silently at the controls, trying to figure out what was driving Seal. As Barry emerged from under the electrical panel, after making the radio connections, he abruptly began pounding with his right hand on the dash of the Lear until Terry thought the avionics in the control panel would be dislodged.

"There ain't nuthin' in this world more powerful than good ol' xxxxing blackmail, Terry. And don't let anybody ever tell ya different. Jeeeeeesus Christ, I got some good xxxx on some big people."

"Will you let me in on your party? Calm down, Barry! Tell me what's goin' on."

"Terry, what's most important right now is for ya ta play ball with these guys and get your ass down to Mexico ASAP. You impressed the xxxx out of Leroy... Robert Johnson [William Barr, later Attorney General for GHW Bush], too. I won't be able ta come to Mexico right now, I've got a little matter to take care of. But ya get on down there and get in a position to receive me, and I'll be joining ya soon. Goddam, this'll be great. Won't it be fun workin' together and spendin' all their xxxxin' money?"

"What this blackmail, you're talking about?"

"Ever hear the old expression, it's not what ya know, it's who ya know? Well, whoever said that just hadn't caught the Vice President's kids in the dope business, 'cause I can tell ya for sure what ya know can definitely be more important than who you know.

"You gotta calm down and tell me what you're talking about, if you want me to know. What's this about the Vice President's kids and dope."

"I don't wannna tell ya too much, 'cause truthfully ya don't have a need to know. But Terry I been workin' with several federal agencies for the past couple of years as ya probably suspicioned. In the course of that business, a person can't help but run across some real sensitive information. It seems some major players in the Medellin Cartel, whom I personally know, ran across some knowledge that's very valuable to both the Republican and Democratic party. Real national security stuff. It seems some of George Bush's kids just can't say no ta drugs, ha ha ha ha ... Well, ya can imagine how valuable information like that would be, can't ya? That could get ya out of almost any kind of jam." Seal paused for a moment than asked, "Ya ever play Monopoly? The information I got is so good it's just like a get-out-of-jail-free card ... ha, ha, ha, ha YEE-HAWWWW..."

"Barry, are you telling me George Bush's kids are in the drug business?"

"Yup, that's what I am tellin' ya. A guy in Florida who flipped for the DEA has the goods on the Bush boys. Now I heard this earlier from a reliable source in Colombia, but I just sat on it then, waitin' to use it as a trump card, if I ever needed it. Well, I need ta use it now. I got names, dates, places.... even got some tape recordins'. xxxx, I even got surveillance videos catchin' the Bush boys red-handed. I consider this stuff my insurance policy. It makes me and my mole on the inside that's feedin' the stuff to me invincible. Now this is real sensitive xxxx inside of U.S. Customs and DEA and those guys are pretty much under control. It's damage control as usual.

[Terry Reed, "Compromised," pp. 211-213]

GHW Bush to Texas journalist Sarah McLendon: "If the people knew what we had done, they would chase us down the street and lynch us."

Email from a former Miami court reporter, Patricia Anderson, to Robert Morrow on 8/31/12

Mr. Morrow:

re "Barry and the Boys" email of recent, it is with some import, i believe that i share with you some information on Barry Seals' premature death and how that may well have developed. As an official court reporter in Miami, Florida in 1986, i was called upon to stenographicly record a 'closed hearing' of a matter relating to the dispositon of a case pending against Barry Seals that occurred in the Dade County Courthouse, and of which Mr. Richard Sharpstein may or may not have been present, at the moment i do not recall... am certain his memory on that will be more accurate than mine, but am fairly certain he was in attendance...

Within that hearing it was determined that Mr. Seals would be placed in a halfway house in Louisiana, and the exact location to remain unpublished to any and all, although the exact address was dictated into the official record. This reporter, if i recall correctly, was instructed by the judge to NOT transcribe that address into the transcript of the proceeding, and said direction was followed by this reporter.

Some days after the transcript was delivered to the various parties, I was contacted by phone by a man who claimed to be the attorney for barry seals' wife, and that she had been trying to locate him for sometime, that they had the transcript but the address had been deleted, and that he wished to obtain that address from me. Of course, that request was declined, and per judge's order, and for security reasons as well, because it was known that barry's life had been threatened. The attorney insisted on speaking with my supervisor, and he demanded from him that i divulge the address to him, the supervisor, after receiving notice of the judge's order to seal that portion of the record, declined the attorney's request.

Some short time later the wife's attorney, with the wife in tow, came to the reporting office wherein i was employed and again made demands for the release of that address, the wife imploring to this reporter how much she loved her husband, how much she missed him, and how desperately she needed to contact him right away. Though we did empathize with her stated position, it was not our decision to close that portion of the record, and it would require a judge's order to release it to her. Again some days passed, and there was continued contact between the wife's attorney and my then supervisor in attempt to require me to provide them the address of Barry Seals, which of course said request was continued to be declined by me.

Attempts by them to have the judge vacate his order failed, much ado was made by them, and eventually extra-judicial interventions were made through various federal agencies, and my supervisor, to the best of my memory, was being contacted by one Oliver North, who demanded we provide him the address. As I recall, Mr. North visited our office and was personally provided with the address of Barry Seals' halfway house, and as read directly from my notes under order of my direct supervisor. I do believe it was the very next day that we heard that Barry Seals had met a sudden and vicious death. It is my belief that this release of the address to these individuals is what led to the almost immediate death of Barry Seals. And taken with other events occurring in that time span, I can say with almost absolute certainty that is what transpired, and it does date back and is connected also to the death of JFK.

And as I am writing this now, I am almost certain it was Richard Sharpstein who was in that hearing room at the time, in addition to various other attorneys representing various of the parties. Though I do not recall which judge, I am certain Mr. Sharpstein will recall that.

patricia anderson

Watch the YouTube interview of Chip Tatum about his orders to neutralize Ross Perot in 1991-1992

"CIA +George HW Bush,Gary Hart,H Ross Perot,Blackmail" is name of YouTube Video

My email correspondence with Jon Gentry of Dallas who interviewed Chip Tatum (CIA Pegasus counterintelligence) several times in the late 1990's

Jon Gentry from Dallas jongen422@hotmail.com

Many people have reported on the activities of GHW Bush. In 1997, I interviewed one of Bush, Sr's top CIA agents who refused an unethical order and went AWOL, subsequently got charged with treason for refusing a direct order from the President. This guy had been one of Bill Colby's close group and actually retired when Bush became DCI, only to be dragged out of retirement by Bush. Long story. Interviewed him in 1997 and again in 1998, both times at the behest of a former head (SAIC) of the Los Angeles FBI. Real interesting stuff. But perhaps most interesting is that this agent made statements in the form of predictions, but they weren't predictions, per se. They were the culled intel from being in over a hundred eyes-only planning sessions with Bush. Stuff like the plan for a global governance, a New World Order; the bringing down of the American economy and the splitting of the currency into domestic and international, two separate systems to protect against hyper-inflation as the dollar dies in world currencies. Many other things. All these "predictions" came from meetings no later than early 1992 when he walked out. Our current maladies have been in the works that long.

And I'll throw this in just for Kensley. This agent participated in the hit on Olof Palme, Prime Minister of Sweden. The hit was ordered because of an unwise conversation Lt. Col. Oliver North had with Palme in reference to illegal firearms dealing. "Loose lips sink ships," was one of Bush, Sr's favorite axioms. In this case a foreign head of state died because of North's "loose lips." North has no idea how close he came to sharing the same fate. The agent had orders that if a handkerchief was not dropped after a conference with Gorbanifar, the entire room including North were to be eliminated. That was after another North gaff. But Bush's "loose lips" policy extended to those who could give testimony in congressional hearings, also. I believe an Israeli by the name of Amiram Nir got a subpoena. The agent I spoke of actually knew Nir, but he was not told whose plane it was he was ordered to bring down. Nir died in the crash and subsequent fire, another victim to Bush's "loose lips" policy. I don't know, but I am told that Amiram Nir had about the same public interest in Israel as JFK, Jr. had in America. Bush, Sr gave the order for Nir's elimination to cover his own trail. Bush proclaimed, "I was not in the loop," on Iran Contra. Yeah, right.

Kensley, how naive do you wish to remain? Bush headed the CIA before becoming Vice President. An international child kidnapping-trafficking organization with its hub in Washington, DC was being investigated by Customs, the DC Police and the FBI. The investigation into this horrific monstrous operation was shut down with notes that it was "a CIA internal matter." With the current internet snooping I don't recommend checking it out but the org was The Finders. Yes, it made the papers. Yes, there are Customs documents pertaining to their interrupted investigation. Let me assure you, Bush, Sr. IS in the loop.

JON GENTRY 6/8/11 email to Robert Morrow and tlcdallas from jongen422@hotmail.com

JON GENTRY:

Thanks for the dissertation. I saved the entire email to a file to study.

I noted you underlined threaten to murder, talking about Pegasus and Perot. Tatum did explain that a neutralization was a three-step process. First would come intimidation-coercion. If that did not work, or jointly in conjunction would be a compromise phase. Only if intimidation and compromise failed would the stage three assassination be carried out. What Tatum was not telling is that by the time he received the tasking, initial stages had already been tried in almost every case. The Operational Sub-Group which Tatum/Pegasus worked for was the assassination group. They were the Jackals which John Perkins referred to in his book, "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man." When Perkins failed, Pegasus got the call.

An example of the intimidation/coercion/assassination being all wrapped into one was the case of Daniel Ortega. The US was demanding Ortega hold democratic elections. Ortega refused until he was contacted and told to put a whole battalion around his nephew Raul (I think I recall) and he would still die on the specified date. The nephew died and Ortega held democratic elections. That was a Pegasus operation.

In the case of Perot, I've talked to some of Perot's people, one bodyguard in particular. Perot had his own Merc's. This one stated his opinion that no one would have been able to get by them and get to Perot; that it couldn't happen; which is just ridiculous. But it presents the state of mind that threats would likely not work to intimidate Perot and his encampment. I'm guessing Perot had already been contacted in some way previous; that this was no surprise.

I can't claim to understand Tatum's mind. But from putting things together he said another possibility also occurs to me. Within the covert ops community it was well-known that an operative involved in a high profile incident would likely be disappeared afterwards, have an accident. Tatum was no friend of the Bush crowd. What do you do when you're expendable? You receive a high-profile assignment? Time to resign. So he makes his resignation count by sending word through a trusted FBI friend to Ross Perot that an assassination would be attempted if Perot did not step down. Perot was informed at Saddlebrook Academy in Florida. What more compelling threat could be delivered than having one of the country's top assassins inform you he had just refused the mission, but someone else would be found who would carry it out? It worked. Perot stepped out of the race.

JG

=====================================================

Gentry email 8/28/12 to Robert Morrow

Many thanks, Robert. Good stuff.

Generally accepted intel is that Tatum is dead as well. Last reported contact was actually with Daniel Hopsicker in 2002, congratulating him on his book, Barry And The Boys. Hopsicker worked very hard and did an excellent job on it, even living for a time with Barry Seal's widow to help her go through papers and help him with the research. The book is a gem.

I was with Tatum, August 31 of 1997, doing a second interview the day-evening news began coming in that Lady Dianna had died in a car crash. Tatum got a call from Al Martin and I got to listen to the two of them talk on speaker phone as the details began to come in about the hit. Tatum's general opinon: "Too many variables. That's not the way I would have done it." I listened to analysis breakdown into indicators, reflections on power plays, . . . with the evening ending with more questions than answers.

Amiram Nir was another casualty of the Bushes. Nir had been tapped to testify before a Congressional committee hearing on the Iran Contra goings on. To put it in perspective, Nir was kind of like a JFK, JR. figure in Israel, very popular. His popularity did not protect him when he could potentially implicate the Bush Family. Tatum got the order for the assassination, and carried it out. I heard that much from him. In a letter to FBI undercover agent, Terry Reed, Tatum gave more details explaining that he had not known the target. He was just told that this individual had information vital to national security and had to be stopped. Nir's plane crashed and burned. Terry Reed had known Amiram Nir well, but under his assumed name of Pat Weber. Reed considered he had lost a close friend. He validated much of Tatum's account.

Some years later I was on a three-way call set up by Uri Dowbenko and had a chance to talk with Al Martin. I had wanted to get an interview with Martin since the evening of Dianna's death. Tatum had said at the time, "He won't do an interview." When introductions were exchanged Al Martin's first question to me was, "Who has offered to buy you off?" I was startled. I replied, "No one." Martin then said, "Then you must be a nobody." No interview. A few years later Hopsicker gave me a private # for Al Martin, saying, "You can give it a shot." I left a message on his voicemail. No return call.

In sum, I may be a nobody, but I've got a story or two now and then. Thanks for bringing up these larger than life figures in America's covert history. People need to know. It's not just a simple matter of voting from a list of names. You've got to get to the truth, . . . when it can be found. You have to know the game, or you will continue to be ripped off by it.

Regards,

JG

============================================

Gentry email 8/28/12 (also)

believe the Rodriguez being referred to in Tatum's account of the Contra/cocaine camp dialog was CIA agent Felix Rodriguez.

I once sat at a table at the Jo Jo's that used to be at Midway and LBJ with six pilots. Five of the pilots had personally witnessed

government drug trafficking. One of the five, a C-130 pilot, had reported a pallet of coke to his CO, was scheduled the next day

for a flight inspection with a psychologist. The psychologist filed a report stating that he was hopelessly insane. He lost his

license 48 hours after reporting the trafficking through his unit. JG

Other super books where you can read about the bipartisan Bush/Clinton drug scandals of the 1980's:

1) Powerburns: Cocaine, Contras & the Drug War by former DEA agent Celerino Castillo, III

2) Dark Alliance by Gary Webb

3) Barry and the Boys: the CIA, the Mob and America's Secret History by Daniel Hopsicker

4) Whiteout by Alexander Cockburn

5) Cocaine Politics: Drugs, Armies and the CIA in Central America by Peter Dale Scott and

Jonathon Marshall

6) Lost History by Robert Parry

7) The Conspirators: Secrets of an Iran-Contra Insider by Al Martin

8) The Big White Lie: The Deep Cover Operation That Exposed the CIA Sabotage of the Drug War: An Undercover Odyssey by Michael Levine and Laura Kavanau-Levine

9) The Politics of Heroin in Southeast Asia by Alfred W. McCoy (from the 1970’s era)

10) Out of Control: The Story of the Reagan Administration’s Secret War in Nicaragua, the Illegal Arms Pipeline, and the Contra Drug Connection by Leslie Cockburn

11) Blue Thunder: How the Mafia Owned and Finally Murdered Cigarette Boat King Donald Aronov by Thomas Burdick and Charlene Mitchell

12) The Mafia, CIA, & George Bush by Pete Brewton

13) Called to Serve by James “Bo” Gritz

14) Crossfire: Witness in the Clinton Investigation by L.D. Brown

15) The Secret Life of Bill Clinton by Ambrose Evans Pritchard

16) American Desperado: My Life - From Mafia Soldier to Cocaine Cowboy to Secret Government Asset by Jon Roberts & Evan Wright

Also, read "The Crimes of Mena" by Sally Denton and Roger Morris which they had to publish in Penthouse in July, 1995 because the establishment Washington Post spiked this extremely embarrassing story to folks like Clinton and Bush #41. http://www.serendipity.li/cia/c_o_mena.html Another book to get is The Secret Life of Bill Clinton by Ambrose Evans Pritchard. Read that book and you will get a taste on how corrupt the Clintons are. L.D. Brown, Bill's favorite state trooper wrote a book called Crossfire: Witness in the Clinton Investigation in 1999. L.D. tells us wild Bill was fully aware of his very good friend Dan Lasater's drug involvement in Mena. In reality, Dan Lasater was in charge of laundering the drug money along with the help of ADFA where Bob Nash worked.

Here is a good link on Barry Seal, who gave Bob Nash a suitcase of drug money as a payoff: http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKseal.htm

Here are some more good links: http://www.beyondweird.com/conspiracy/cn08-06.html (Terry Reed after he got railroaded by a Clinton-appointed judge); Gary Money by Mark Swaney (1995) http://groups.msn.com/ChaosAcrossAmerica/thepatriotact.msnw?action=get_message&mview=1&ID_Message=255&all_topics=1

Bo Gritz letter to GHW Bush 2/1/88 about Bush's role in government sponsored drug smuggling

http://www.serendipity.li/cia/gritz1.htm

Bo Gritz Letter to George Bush

1 February 1988, Sandy Valley, NV

Honorable George Bush, Vice President, United States of America, Washington, D.C.

Sir:

Why does it seem that you are saying "YES" to illegal narcotics in America?

I turned over video tapes to your NSC staff assistant, Tom Harvey, January 1987, wherein General KHUN SA, overlord of Asia's "Golden Triangle", offered to stop 900 tons of heroin/opium from entering the free world in 1987. Harvey told me, "...there is no interest here in doing that." General Khun Sa also offered to identify U.S. Government officials who, he says, have been trafficking in heroin for more than 20 years.

November 1986, Scott Weekly and I went into Burma in coordination and cooperation with The White House. Tom Harvey told me you received a letter from Arthur Suchesk, Orange County, CA, dated 29 August 1986. Dr. Suchesk said that Gen Khun Sa had access to U.S. POWs. Harvey said the letter had received "highest attention". He gave me a copy along with other case documents. I was asked if it was possible to verify the information. According to Harvey, the CIA said Khun Sa had been assassinated some months before. Harvey supplied Scott and myself with language under White House and NSC letterhead that would help us gain access to Khun Sa. It worked. Unfortunately, Khun Sa knew nothing about US POWs. He did, however, offer to trade his nation's poppy dependence for a legitimate economy.

Instead of receiving an "Atta Boy" for bringing back video tape showing Khun Sa`s offer to stop 900 tons of illegal narcotics and expose dirty USG officials, Scott was jailed and I was threatened. I was told that if I didn't "erase and forget" all that we had discovered, I would, "hurt the government". Further, I was promised a prison sentence of "15 years".

I returned to Burma with two other American witnesses, Lance Trimmer, a private detective from San Francisco, and Barry Flynn from Boston. Gen Khun Sa identified some of those in government service he says were dealing in heroin and arms sales. We video taped this second interview and I turned copies over in June 1987, to the Chairman of the Select Committee on Intelligence; Chairman of the House on Foreign Affairs Task Force on Narcotics Control; Co-Chairman, Senate Narcotics Committee; Senator Harry Reid, NV; Representative James Bilbray, NV; and other Congressional members. Mister Richard Armitage, Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Affairs, is one of those USG officials implicated by Khun Sa. Nothing was done with this evidence that indicated that anyone of authority, including yourself, had intended to do anything more than protect Mr. Armitage. I was charged with "Misuse of Passport". Seems that it is alright for Oliver North and Robert MacFarlane to go into Iran on Irish Passports to negotiate an illegal arms deal that neither you nor anyone else admits condoning, but I can't use a passport that brings back drug information against your friends.

Lance Trimmer and I submitted a "Citizen Complaint of Wrongdoing by Federal Officers" to Attorney General Edwin Meese, III on 17 September 1987. Continuous private and Legislative inquiries to date indicate that the Attorney General's Office has "lost" the document. Congressional requests to the Government Accounting Office have resulted in additional government snares and stalls.

January 20, 1988, I talked before your Breakfast Club in Houston, Texas. A distinguished group of approximately 125 associates of yours, including the Chief Justice of the Texas Supreme Court, expressed assurance that you are a righteous man. Almost all of them raised their hand when I asked how many of them know you personally. If you are a man with good intent, I pray you will do more than respond to this letter. I ask that you seriously look into the possibility that political appointees close to you are guilty of by passing our Constitutional process, and for purposes of promoting illegal covert operations, conspired in the trafficking of narcotics and arms.

Please answer why a respected American Citizen like Mister H. Ross Perot can bring you a pile of evidence of wrongdoing by Armitage and others, and you, according to TIME magazine (May 4, page 18), not only offer him no support, but have your Secretary of Defense, Frank Carlucci tell Mr. Perot to "stop pursuing Mr. Armitage". Why Sir, will you not look into affidavits gathered by The Christic Institute (Washington, D.C.), which testify that Armitage not only trafficked in heroin, but did so under the guise of an officer charged with bringing home our POWs. If the charges are true, Armitage, who is still responsible for POW recovery as your Assistant Secretary of Defense ISA, has every reason not to want these heros returned to us alive. Clearly, follow on investigations would illuminate the collective crimes of Armitage and others.

Several years ago a secretary working for Armitage asked me "Why would he have us expunge his official record of all reference to past POW/MIA assignments and activities?" Not knowing, I ventured a guess that maybe he was considering running for public office and didn't feel the POW -Vietnam association would be a plus in his resume. It was about the same time a CIA agent named by Khun Sa turned up dead in Bangkok under "mysterious circumstances". Also about this time, as an agent of NSC's Intelligence Support Activity, I was told by ISA Chief Jerry King, "...there are still too many bureaucrats in Washington who don't want to see POWs returned alive". I failed to realize the fullness of his meaning, or these other events, until in May 1987, Gen Khun Sa, in his jungle headquarters, named Richard Armitage as a key connection in a ring of heroin trafficking mobsters and USG officials. A U.S. agent I have known for many years stopped by my home last month enroute to his next overseas assignment. He remarked that he had worked for those CIA chiefs named by Khun Sa, and that by his own personal knowledge, he knew what Khun Sa said was true. He was surprised it had taken so long to surface.

I am a registered Republican. I voted for you twice. I will not do so again. If you have any love or loyalty in your heart for this nation; if you have not completely sold out, then do something positive to determine the truth of these most serious allegations. You were Director of the CIA in 1975, during a time Khun Sa says Armitage and CIA officials were trafficking in heroin. As Director of Intelligence you were responsible to the American people for the activities of your assistant - even as you should know what some of these same people are doing who are close to you now as our Vice President because I feel these "parallel government" types will only be promoted by you, giving them more reason to bury our POWs.

I am enclosing some documentation that supports the charges made. Chief is a letter from Khun Sa to the U.S. Justice Department dated 28 June 1987, wherein Richard Armitage is named along with Theodore Shackley (your former Deputy Director CIA from Covert Operations) and others. Please also note William Stevenson's article, "Bank of Intrigue-Circles of Power". You, Armitage, and General Richard Secord are prominently mentioned. Stevenson, you might remember, authored A MAN CALLED INTREPID. Also Tom Fitzpatrick's article, "From Burma to Bush, a Heroin Highway", should interest you. Both of these men are prize winning journalists. The book, CRIMES of PATRIOTS, "A True Tale of Dope, Dirty Money, and the CIA", by Jonathan Kwitny, reporter for the Wall Street Journal, details for you the bank connections that Khun Sa mentions. Finally, the basic primer that spells out exactly how this dope for covert operations gambit began, is Alfred McCoy's THE POLITICS OF HEROIN IN SOUTHEAST ASIA. All of these should be required reading for the man appointed chief cop by our President to safeguard America from illegal narcotics. These are just a sampling of many works now available that chronical disgraceful conduct by those sworn to protect and defend our Constitution.

Parting shot Mr. Vice President: On 28 January 1988, General Khun Sa tendered an offer to turn over to me one metric ton (2,200 pounds) of heroin. He says this is a good faith gesture to the American people that he is serious about stopping all drugs coming from the infamous Golden Triangle. I, you and Nancy Reagan are really serious about saying "NO" to drugs, why not test Gen Khun Sa? I challenge you to allow me in the company of agents of your choice to arrange to receive this token offer worth over $4 billion on the streets of New York City. It will represent the largest "legal" seizure of heroin on record. You can personally torch it, dump it in the ocean, or turn it into legal medication; as I understand there is a great shortage of legal opiates available to our doctors. I think Gen Khun Sa's offer is most interesting. If you say "YES" then the ever increasing flow of heroin from Southeast Asia (600-- tons-- '86, 900 tons-- '87, 1200-- tons'88) may dry up--not good for business in the parallel government and super CIA circles Oliver North mentioned. If you say "NO" to Khun Sa, you are showing colors not fit for a man who would be President.

What is your decision? I challenge you to demonstrate exactly where you stand with respect to big-business-drugs, parallel government, misuse of U.S. tax-payer dollars in foreign drug supression programs that don't work, no interest in dialogue that will stem the flow of illegal narcotics, return of POWs while they are still alive? I for one am not for a "USA, Inc." with you or anyone else as Chairman of the Board.

Respecting Your Office,

James "Bo" Gritz, Concerned American, Box 472 HCR-31Sandy Valley, NV 89019, Tel: (702) 723-5266