Missouri State University to host JFK Panel

Michael Hogan

From news-leader.com:

Upcoming conference offers range of topics for history buffs

Heavy-hitter speakers and many topics will be featured at event

by Steve Pokin

September 17, 2012

Excerpt:

One of the three featured speakers is Douglas Brinkley, history professor at Rice University in Houston and author of more than 20 books, including his most recent, “Walter Cronkite: An Eyewitness to American History,” published in May.

Brinkley considers noted historian Stephen Ambrose his mentor. Ambrose, who died in 2002, authored “Band of Brothers” and twice was a featured speaker at the conference.

Brinkley will speak about Cronkite at 1 p.m.

Friday.At 2:15 p.m. Brinkley will moderate a two-hour panel discussion titled “What We Now Know About the Kennedy Assassination.” The panel includes four scholars who have devoted much of their professional lives to writing about the assassination.

They are David Kaiser, an author who teaches at the Naval War College; Max Holland, the lead producer of the National Geographic Channel’s 2011 documentary “JFK: The Lost Bullet”; Gerald McKnight, professor emeritus of Hood College in Maryland, who wrote “Breach of Trust: How the Warren Commission Failed the Nation and Why”; and David Wrone, professor emeritus at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, who wrote “The Zapruder Film: Re-framing the Kennedy Assassination.”

James Giglio, an MSU history professor emeritus and conference founder, organized the panel. He said it’s one of the few times a history conference has focused on the JFK assassination.

When asked if there was new information on the topic, Giglio mentioned Holland’s 2011 documentary and said, “Please attend the session and you’ll find out.”

http://www.news-lead...|text|FRONTPAGE

http://history.misso...ence/140040.htm

• 4 months later...

The Presidency: Assassination of President Kennedy

SPRINGFIELD, MISSOURI

September 21, 2012

In the years since President John F. Kennedy was assassinated in Dallas, Texas on November 22, 1963, numerous theories have surfaced about who shot the president and why. In this program, authors David Wrone, Gerald McKnight, David Kaiser and Max Holland dispute each others findings about what really happened in Dallas in 1963.

http://www.c-span.or...dy/10737435460/

When asked if there was new information on the topic, Giglio mentioned Holland’s 2011 documentary and said, “Please attend the session and you’ll find out.”

Yikes! Unless Max has something new (and much better) than his "traffic light" crap, I have a feeling the Missouri State University crowd is going to be mighty disappointed.

JFK-Archives.blogspot.com/JFK: The Lost Bullet

Edited by David Von Pein

Yikes! Unless Max has something new (and much better) than his "traffic light" crap, I have a feeling the Missouri State University crowd is going to be mighty disappointed.

"Max Holland's '11 seconds' and 'Traffic Light' theories could possibly be accurate. Nobody can know with 100% certainty, of course." (DVP)

"Max Holland's '11 seconds' and 'Traffic Light' theories could possibly be accurate. Nobody can know with 100% certainty, of course." (DVP)

Glass houses remember, Michael :ice

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=19543&st=105#entry266588

Maybe Mr. Hogan should have also posted this:

"Like Mr. Holland, I too believe that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in the assassination of President John Kennedy, but "JFK: The Lost Bullet" doesn't really bring anything new or extraordinary to the table that wasn't already known prior to 2011. Nor does this program really do very much to reinforce the idea that Oswald was the lone killer of America's 35th President. And some portions of "The Lost Bullet" seem to me to be just downright deceptive." -- DVP

Edited by David Von Pein

Maybe Mr. Hogan should have also posted this:

"Like Mr. Holland, I too believe that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in the assassination of President John Kennedy, but "JFK: The Lost Bullet" doesn't really bring anything new or extraordinary to the table that wasn't already known prior to 2011. Nor does this program really do very much to reinforce the idea that Oswald was the lone killer of America's 35th President. And some portions of "The Lost Bullet" seem to me to be just downright deceptive." -- DVP

Why?

http://educationforu...105#entry266588

I'm doing my best to heed Robert's advice.....

You are two good men. Please, please, please consider that any man can argue endlessly, but the bigger man walks away.

You didn't disappoint. I knew you'd find a loophole. The bigger man APOLOGIZES and negates the need to walk away.

http://educationforu...105#entry266588

Greg

Good to see you back.

Len

Guest Robert Morrow

On top of that Holland lied twice at the end.

He said that Cooper never questioned the WC. He did, and I have the tape.

He also said that the plunge in confidence in the government did not begin until 1966.

It started right in 1964, with the release of the WR. See the chart in The Assassinations, taken from US News and World Report. (p.

634)

Here is historical Gallop polling on the JFK assassination: http://www.gallup.co...s-kill-jfk.aspx

1963 - "Do you think that the man who shot President Kennedy acted on his own, or was some group or element also responsible?"

Results 29% one man, 52% a group, 15% no opinion

1966 - "Do you think that one man was responsible for the assassination of President Kennedy, or do you think others were involved?"

Results 36% one man 50% others involved, 15% no opinion

I would be interested to know what the polling said for the 3 months about the Warren Report was released in late September, 1964. Could someone posts those numbers? What about the year 1965 do we have any polling numbers for that year on what Americans thought about the JFK assassination?

Edited by Robert Morrow