The Education Forum

Isaac Don Levine

Has anyone come across Issac Don Levine? He was born in Russia and during the Cold War worked closely with people like Whittaker Chambers, Walter Krivitsky and Victor Kravchenko.

According to John V. Fleming, the author of The Anti-Communist Manifestos: Four Books that Shaped the Cold War (2009): "Isaac Don Levine was a notorious reactionary if not an outright Fascist... An important pillar of Isaac Don Levine's career was his ability to get exclusives with people prominently in the news. A native speaker of Russian, he often had a comparative advantage in dealing with Russians abroad.... He was still going strong at the time of President John F. Kennedy's assassination, when he gained unique journalistic access to Marina Oswald, the Russian-born widow of the assassin."

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/RUSlevineID.htm

Has anyone come across Issac Don Levine? He was born in Russia and during the Cold War worked closely with people like Whittaker Chambers, Walter Krivitsky and Victor Kravchenko.

According to John V. Fleming, the author of The Anti-Communist Manifestos: Four Books that Shaped the Cold War (2009): "Isaac Don Levine was a notorious reactionary if not an outright Fascist... An important pillar of Isaac Don Levine's career was his ability to get exclusives with people prominently in the news. A native speaker of Russian, he often had a comparative advantage in dealing with Russians abroad.... He was still going strong at the time of President John F. Kennedy's assassination, when he gained unique journalistic access to Marina Oswald, the Russian-born widow of the assassin."

http://www.spartacus...RUSlevineID.htm

I always thought that one of the more important books on political assassination is Levine's "Mind of the Assassin" in which he demonstrates that Ramond Mercader, Trotsky's assassin, was a Soviet agent from a family of Soviet agents.

And I always wondered if Oswald read that book and when he was in Mexico City, did he look up the apartment where Trotsky was assassinated by Mercader?

BK

http://www.spartacus...RUSlevineID.htm

I always thought that one of the more important books on political assassination is Levine's "Mind of the Assassin" in which he demonstrates that Ramond Mercader, Trotsky's assassin, was a Soviet agent from a family of Soviet agents.

And I always wondered if Oswald read that book and when he was in Mexico City, did he look up the apartment where Trotsky was assassinated by Mercader?

BK

Issac Don Levine specialized in befriending defectors. He then helped them write anti-communist books. I wonder if Levine had contacted Oswald when he arrived back from the Soviet Union. Levine also had very good contacts with the intelligence agencies.