The Education Forum

Oswald Leaving TSBD?

Hi Pat,

it is about this little entry: ''I suspect that a clear eicture of Ozwald and Lovelady together''

Best,

B

Yep, the guy is talking about someone other than Lovelady who is visible in other shots - i.e. PM.

I agree this entire paragraph definitely indicates that he’s talking about both men, Oswald and Lovelady, being in the doorway together. That cannot be a Doorman discussion as it was never argued that both men appeared together in Altgens 6 (or any other film). In fact any appearance by Oswald and Lovelady together completely disproves the Doorman theory.

The other issue of interest here (actually all of it is good) is this bit.

“The shirt appears reddish in Hughes’ film, but the whole of that picture by Hughes has a reddish tint, and it was taken at a great distance.” (spelling corrected by me for clarity).

Personally speaking I cannot identify anyone in Hughes wearing a reddish shirt in the PM position. In fact, as far as I can see PM cannot be seen in Hughes at all due to shadows and a burn mark/splodge right where we would expect to see PM.

So was Bernabei looking at a different version of Hughes to the one we have today? And if so, what happened to the version he was looking at?

Is that Mr Parker I see back on here? Welcome back, Mr P. J

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I may have made a mistake about where Baker parked his motorcycle. I assumed he had parked it on the Elm St. extension, in front of the TSBD, but, looking at Don Roberdeau's map, it seems he may have parked it on Elm St. itself, right where the sidewalk begins after the little concrete island.

The reason for this is simple, and also explains why he did not ride past Elm St. down Houston St., if that was his intended destination.

There would have been a solid line of bystanders blocking access to Houston St. and the Elm St. extension. The spot he chose was the first piece of curb (kerb, as my friend Ray would spell it) he had access to without having to ride through a line of onlookers.

Edited by Robert Prudhomme

I think I may have made a mistake about where Baker parked his motorcycle. I assumed he had parked it on the Elm St. extension, in front of the TSBD, but, looking at Don Roberdeau's map, it seems he may have parked it on Elm St. itself, right where the sidewalk begins after the little concrete island.

The reason for this is simple, and also explains why he did not ride past Elm St. down Houston St., if that was his intended destination.

There would have been a solid line of bystanders blocking access to Houston St. and the Elm St. extension. The spot he chose was the first piece of curb (kerb, as my friend Ray would spell it) he had access to without having to ride through a line of onlookers.

Hi Bob

But that still leaves us with the problem of Truly. He testified he ran up the steps behind Baker. We can see in Weigman that Truly turns and goes after Baker towards the TSBD steps. In your scenario if Baker ran around the side of the TSBD and got in by the back entrance did Truly run after him all that way?

Hi Bob

But that still leaves us with the problem of Truly. He testified he ran up the steps behind Baker. We can see in Weigman that Truly turns and goes after Baker towards the TSBD steps. In your scenario if Baker ran around the side of the TSBD and got in by the back entrance did Truly run after him all that way?

Baker is not even seen running up the Elm St. extension until the camera cars come to a stop on the corner, as seen in the Couch film, In the Wiegman film the press car, a 1960 Chevrolet, can still be seen in motion going around the corner. The camera cars have not made it to the corner yet.

Truly testified to several things, and I will be examining them in detail in the thread on Baker. I can see Truly turn at the approach of Baker in the Couch film, i that is indeed Truly, but it requires imagination to state that Truly followed Baker up the stairs.

Edited by Robert Prudhomme

PS Bob, no need to worry about the spelling issue. I think some of us on here are speaking the Queen's English (as it is meant to be spoke) and some others are using an obscure dialect found only in the Americas. :)

We in Canada are a sort of cross between the King's English and that "rebel slang" from just south of us. We still spell words with an "ou", such as "colour" and "flavour", and most of us can still remember to type "centre" instead of "center", but most of us fell prey decades ago to the American habit of using a "z" instead of an "s" in words such as "realize" and "criticize". I've noticed, though, that Australians and New Zealanders are strict adherents to the British rules, and drink "draught" beer instead of "draft" beer.

Hi Bob

Imagination, plus Truly's testimony, Baker's testimony, Oswald's reported comments and from what we can see on Weigman.

Do you think that is not Truly in Weigman? The man is standing where Truly (and others) said he stood and he does what Truly said he did (mostly) and he has a Truly-like look about him. How can he not be Truly?

So, Bob, how are you going to get those 2 gents, Baker and Truly, into the TSBD as per their testimonies and from what we can see in Weigman. Did they do a lap of the TSBD and come back in the front door? :)

Hi Pat,

it is about this little entry: ''I suspect that a clear eicture of Ozwald and Lovelady together''

Best,

B

Hi Pat,

Best,

B

I have to say Bart, I think you've done a stellar job finding this gem. There is a lot in here that's astounding.

Any chance you could give us some context about how and when it was written and who the correspondents are etc ? Just so we have it as part of the record?

Please, Barto. :)

Hi Bob

Imagination, plus Truly's testimony, Baker's testimony, Oswald's reported comments and from what we can see on Weigman.

Do you think that is not Truly in Weigman? The man is standing where Truly (and others) said he stood and he does what Truly said he did (mostly) and he has a Truly-like look about him. How can he not be Truly?

So, Bob, how are you going to get those 2 gents, Baker and Truly, into the TSBD as per their testimonies and from what we can see in Weigman. Did they do a lap of the TSBD and come back in the front door? :)

Tell me where you see Truly in the Wiegman film.

Hi Bob

Hi Bob

Apologies Bob, I meant Couch.

Re-Canadian English. I'm surprised I thought all of us Commonwealth countries used the same spelling as the Brits. Although the truth is in Australia we commonly drop the 'u' these days and our spell checkers will kindly add in the 'z' for us instead of the 's'. :)

Hi Bob

Hi Bob

Apologies Bob, I meant Couch.

Re-Canadian English. I'm surprised I thought all of us Commonwealth countries used the same spelling as the Brits. Although the truth is in Australia we commonly drop the 'u' these days and our spell checkers will kindly add in the 'z' for us instead of the 's'. :)

Citizen Whitlam wanted to do away with British spelling rules and use the US spelling system - but it didn't take hold beyond The Australian Labour Party becoming the Australian Labor Party.

Edited by Greg Parker