The Education Forum

Walter Rischel (Friend of Lee Bowers)

Does anyone have any further information on this friend of Lee Bowers? I came across the following video last night and found it fascinating as well as tragic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcXJJsZs7LE

Just thinking loosely on the video afterwards, I wondered if Bowers was, in essence, "witholding words" during his Mark Lane because of what happened to the poor guy right after the assassination? I did a search on the education forum of Rischel and the search came up with nothing. I figured I'd ask futher about this guy and any corroborating evidence as well. If true, no wonder Bowers would have to have been murdered in theory.....I mean seeing the gunmen actually fire shots, even going so far as to say that one of them were on top(?) of a car firing? Extremely interesting....

According to a friend of Lee Bowers, Walter Rischel, this being shortly before his tragic death, Bowers was actually afraid to tell almost everything he knew, particularly to the commission. He is said to have feared for his own life.

I have to be honest, and please see the video of this below, but I'm slightly skeptical of the story coming from Rischel. It doesn't quite seem to make as much sense as I would like, not to forget many people before have seemingly come forward simply to make a name for themselves.

This being so, one thing he does highlight is very intriguing to say the least. He claims Bowers, again before his death, dissappeared for approximately 2 days time, something uncharacteristic of Bowers. What's bizarre about the story is Rischel claims Bowers had parts or just one of his fingers missing also - almost as if he is trying to hint that it was done on purpose, quite possibly as a warning.

Source:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread710323/pg1

Bowers also observed two unfamiliar men standing on top of the Knoll at the edge of the parking lot, within 10 or 15 feet of each other - "one man, middle-aged or slightly older, fairly heavy-set, in a white shirt, fairly dark trousers. Another younger man, about mid-twenties, in either a plaid shirt or a plaid coat or jacket." Both were facing toward Elm and Houston, where the motorcade would be coming from. They were the only strangers he remembered seeing. His description shows a remarkable similarity to Julia Ann Mercer's description of two unidentified men climbing the knoll.

When the shots rang out, Bowers' attention was drawn to the area where he had seen the two men; he could still make out the one in the white shirt - "the darker dressed man was too hard to distinguish from the trees." He observed "some commotion" at that spot, "...something out of the ordinary, a sort of milling around...which attracted my eye for some reason, which I could not identify." At that moment, he testified, a motorcycle policeman left the Presidential motorcade and roared up the Grassy Knoll straight to where the two mysterious gentlemen were standing behind the fence. The policeman dismounted, Bowers recalled, then after a moment climbed on his motorcycle and drove off. Later, in a film interview with attorney Mark Lane, he explained that the "commotion" that caught his eye may have been "a flash of light or smoke." His information dovetails with what other witnesses observed from different vantage points.

Source:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread683402/pg1