The Education Forum

A Question For Jon G. Tidd

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd pick some party who wanted JFK dead.

And who benefitted from his death.˙

Dear Jon,

Wow, that sure is specific and insightful.

"A party that wanted JFK dead killed him."

Wish I'd said that. That really narrows down the list of possible suspects!

I was thinking that maybe a party that didn't want him dead killed him by mistake.

"A party that benefited from JFK's death killed JFK."

Another doozy.

I was thinking that JFK was killed by an Odd Duck who had nothing whatsoever to gain from JFK's death. Or maybe it was just a "homosexual thrill killing," in which case the assassin would have been a QU33R Duck !!!

LOL

Shows you just how wrong a guy can be!

Since "turn about is fair play," if I answer any questions from you in the future, I'll give you the most generalized answer I can. Just as though I'm an enemy spy being interrogated by a (former) Intelligence Agent.

--Tommy :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Tommy's question for Mr. Jon G. Tidd:

If you picked today who killed JFK, whom would you pick?

Mr. Tidd's answer:

I'd pick some party who wanted JFK dead.

And who benefitted from his death.˙

[edited and emphasis added by T. Graves]

Dear Jon,

Wow, that sure is specific and insightful.

"A party that wanted JFK dead killed him."

Wish I'd said that. That really narrows down the list of possible suspects!

I was thinking that maybe a party that didn't want him dead killed him by mistake.

"A party that benefited from JFK's death killed JFK."

Another doozy.

I was thinking that JFK was killed by an Odd Duck who had nothing whatsoever to gain from JFK's death. Or maybe it was just a "homosexual thrill killing," in which case the assassin would have been a QU33R Duck !!!

LOL

Shows you just how wrong a guy can be!

Since "turn about is fair play," if I answer any questions from you in the future, I'll give you the most generalized answer I can. Just as though I'm an enemy spy being interrogated by a (former) Intelligence Agent.

edited and bumped

Edited by Thomas Graves

Tommy,

You ask who I think killed JFK.

I'll be more explicit. Some party planned skillfully JFK's murder. Such a party had to be trained and skillful at killing public leaders. Such a party had to understand LBJ. Such a party had to understand the CIA and the FBI.

Take your choice, Tommy. It's a choice, a multiple choice question. Who are the candidates? Please be inclusive. Who did the deed?

Sweet move, Mr. Tidd.

Rather than answer the question with specifics, you turn the question to ask Mr. Graves to provide the specifics.

Can't wait to see how Mr. Graves turns the question back to you....

Guess we'll see who can be the most evasive...no?

Tommy,

I'll be more explicit. Some party planned skillfully JFK's murder. Such a party had to be trained and skillful at killing public leaders. Such a party had to understand LBJ. Such a party had to understand the CIA and the FBI.

Take your choice, Tommy. It's a choice, a multiple choice question. Who are the candidates? Please be inclusive. Who did the deed?

Mr. Jon G. Tidd,

Is this an interrogation?

--or--

Are you playing "professor" here, trying to draw out the correct answers from your "students"?

--or--

Or are you just lazy, hoping that we will provide you with the answers?

You could paint me as an assassin. Former military intelligence officer. Married to a wild child. Good luck. // Tidd

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Golly not trying to paint anyone.

Senior Lecturerpicture-98.jpg gee he looks a little like you,but its CIA not really military intell.

John Tidd served with the Central Intelligence Agency for most of his professional career. He joined the Agency in 1975 after earning a BA in international affairs from Occidental College and an MA from the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS). Dr. Tidd has spent most of his career in the Directorate of Intelligence—the CIA's analytic wing—first as an analyst following Soviet economic issues, then as a manager directing the analysis of international trade and energy developments. During this period Dr. Tidd earned an MA in economics from the University of Virginia and his PhD from Johns Hopkins SAIS. After serving as chief of the Agency's international energy division during the Persian Gulf War, Dr. Tidd directed the analytic group of the DCI Crime and Narcotics Center (CNC) in the mid-1990s. Beginning in the late 1990s, he served as chief of staff for the Directorate of Intelligence, then in several executive positions in the Agency's Directorate of Science and Technology. Dr. Tidd returned to CNC as its deputy director in early 2002, and during part of his tenure served as acting director.

In Fall 2004, Dr. Tidd came to the University of Arizona as part of the CIA's Officer in Residence Program, and he has continued to lecture since his retirement in 2006. As an adjunct at the School of Government and Public Policy, he teaches courses on US intelligence history, the current US intelligence system, and the use of covert action as a security policy tool. He also teaches several courses on globalization and both graduate and undergraduate courses on US public policy and bureaucracy. Dr. Tidd's research interests include the history of the US intelligence system, globalization and international intelligence sharing, and the emergence of "public intelligence" and its implications for US national security decision making.

=========================================

++++++++++++++++++++ Lived on Corliss St from 3 to 9. Played all over OXY as a kid. Latter studied via internet its (Occidental College aka OXY) extensive globalist outlook.

Edited by Steven Gaal

You could paint me as an assassin. Former military intelligence officer. Married to a wild child. Good luck. // Tidd

]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Golly not trying to paint anyone.

Senior Lecturerpicture-98.jpg gee he looks a little like you,but its CIA not really military intell.

John Tidd served with the Central Intelligence Agency for most of his professional career. He joined the Agency in 1975 after earning a BA in international affairs from Occidental College and an MA from the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS). Dr. Tidd has spent most of his career in the Directorate of Intelligence—the CIA's analytic wing—first as an analyst following Soviet economic issues, then as a manager directing the analysis of international trade and energy developments. During this period Dr. Tidd earned an MA in economics from the University of Virginia and his PhD from Johns Hopkins SAIS. After serving as chief of the Agency's international energy division during the Persian Gulf War, Dr. Tidd directed the analytic group of the DCI Crime and Narcotics Center (CNC) in the mid-1990s. Beginning in the late 1990s, he served as chief of staff for the Directorate of Intelligence, then in several executive positions in the Agency's Directorate of Science and Technology. Dr. Tidd returned to CNC as its deputy director in early 2002, and during part of his tenure served as acting director.

In Fall 2004, Dr. Tidd came to the University of Arizona as part of the CIA's Officer in Residence Program, and he has continued to lecture since his retirement in 2006. As an adjunct at the School of Government and Public Policy, he teaches courses on US intelligence history, the current US intelligence system, and the use of covert action as a security policy tool. He also teaches several courses on globalization and both graduate and undergraduate courses on US public policy and bureaucracy. Dr. Tidd's research interests include the history of the US intelligence system, globalization and international intelligence sharing, and the emergence of "public intelligence" and its implications for US national security decision making.

=========================================

++++++++++++++++++++ Lived on Corliss St from 3 to 9. Played all over OXY as a kid. Latter studied via internet its (Occidental College aka OXY) extensive globalist outlook.

Better source it, Gaal.

John or Jon?

Same Tidd?

(Jon G. Tidd)

Where did you get this? Snowden?

PS All his EF "biography" says is:

Born 19 November, 1945.

BS Electrical Engineering, JD

Edited by Thomas Graves

Tommy don't kid me u can copy a portion of what is presented and GOOGLE it and find source. You are a jokester !! sg

Why don't you want to give us the link to the website where you got this information about a "John Tidd"?

Don't you believe in sourcing articles and quotes you post?

Maybe you've got the wrong guy and our Jon G. Tidd will sue you.

Edited by Thomas Graves

Tommy don't kid me u can copy a portion of what is presented and GOOGLE it and find source. You are a jokester !! sg

Why don't you want to give us the link to the website where you got this information about a "John Tidd"?

Don't you believe in sourcing articles and quotes you post?

Maybe you've got the wrong guy and our Jon G. Tidd will sue you.

Gaal,

Looks like you got John M. Tidd (not Jon G. Tidd) by mistake.

https://muse.jhu.edu/login?auth=0&type=summary&url=/journals/sais_review/v028/28.1tidd.html

Got a good lawyer?

Tommy,

Mr. Jon G. Tidd,

Is this an interrogation?

--or--

Are you playing "Socratic professor" here, trying to draw out the correct answers from your "students"?

--or--

Or are you just lazy, hoping that we will provide you with the answers?

PS Why are you here? Never mind. Please try to answer the other questions, instead.

bumped

Edited by Thomas Graves