The Education Forum

A humorous little JFK Conspirasist anecdote, if I may

I'd like to share with you all a little something that happened last night that really cracked me up - after a few seconds of paranoia - in the hopes of maybe adding some momentary levity to this passion of ours.

You may know (from my bio) that I'm a programmer and web developer (mainly WordPress these days). One of the main reasons I love my work is that it affords me the opportunity to work AND play - at JFK Ass. research stuff - at the same time.

Currently the only job i'm working is a WordPress project for some people at Morehouse College. I'm also putting my own website back together which is including some JFK stuff, so I'm going back and forth between the two, somewhat. Needless to say, there is no JFK related material in the Morehouse project - it's all student/alum stuff.

Last night I sit back down to hack out some stuff for Morehouse after having done some playing around in the inner sanctum of the JFK / LBJ darkness earlier in the day. I always leave my machine on, btw...

Now I don't know about others, but I seem to have a bit of a lofty imagination, and sometimes the reality of this Government/CIA level murder conspiracy gets to me just a little and I might get a little curious as to whether the NSA is reading, or watching, or... but I laugh at myself and get serious and all is well.

So while i'm going through a bunch of web files last night with thousands of lines of code (PHP and HTML) i'm trying to find one particular line of code in one of these files by using "Find", right? only after about the 10th or 12th search instead of hitting "Find" I hit "Replace" without knowing it and replaced a code snippet in this file with what happened to be on my clipboard at the time. And it returned no results for what i was looking for.

But as i scrolled through the file for a quick look-see and saw this little snippet:

<?php do_action( 'bp_before_activity_type_tab_friends' ); ?>

<?php if ( LBJ AND the CIA() ) ) : ?>

<li id="activity-friends"><a href="<?php echo bp_loggedin_user_domain() . bp_get_activity_slug() //

I will tell you that I underwent a good 15 seconds of wondering how on earth "THEY" got to my files to let me know that they KNEW, and were WATCHING me, and wanted ME to know...

before I figured out what had happened. and laughed and felt like an idiot and swore i'd never tell a soul lest they send the guys with the coats with the really long sleeves...

but i trust ya'll. there ya go.

so please laugh at my silliness, and at the things we can get ourselves into -

Edited by Glenn Nall