The Education Forum

Book of Condolences

When a head of state dies it is traditional for others to sign the book of condolences, is anybody aware whether Castro signed it or not. Its an interesting fact that when Hitler died the Irish president Eamonn de Valera (born in America) signed the book as it was customary and Ireland was a neutral country (although they did help the British considerably.)

When a head of state dies it is traditional for others to sign the book of condolences, is anybody aware whether Castro signed it or not. Its an interesting fact that when Hitler died the Irish president Eamonn de Valera (born in America) signed the book as it was customary and Ireland was a neutral country (although they did help the British considerably.)

I don't know if Castro signed any such condolence book but he did have some very important words to say about the assassination of JFK. I first happened upon this 11/23/63 speech in 1974, in, I believe Paris Flammond's book on the Garrison investigation. It is reprinted in Dr. Marty Schotz' brilliant "History Will NOt Absolve US". Castro really was onto the truth from the start.

Dawn