The Education Forum

Larry Flynt

It's interesting that Mitch WerBell, who has been suspected of supplying silencers for the JFK assassination, went to work handling security for Flynt in 1980, two years after Flynt was shot. Bob Guccione, the publisher of Penthouse, claimed that Flynt paid WerBell one million dollars to assassinate Guccione.

Ah, Mitch, yes, he did.

Misdirected paranoia? Or informed vengeance?

Neither, just informed.

I meant on Flynt's part toward Guccione.

In 1983, Hustler magazine publisher Larry Flynt allegedly offered a hit man $1 million to kill Playboy magazine founder Hugh Hefner, Frank Sinatra, publisher Walter Annenberg and Penthouse publisher Bob Guccione.

The $1million was never paid, however, and the purported hit man, Mitchell Werbell, died of a heart attack a short time later. The hits were to take place November, 1983 and on December 1983 Werbell was dead.

If you think that's strange, Willaim Pawley was suppose to testify at the HSCA and on January 1977 he was found dead by a self effected gunshot wound, Edwin Kaiser was also suppose to testify and on February 1977 he was found dead at a bottom of a ship, and George de mohrenschildt was also too testify, but on March 1977 he too was found dead.

I'd have better odds at playing the lotto!

Bill Farley, who worked as director of communications for Playboy, said in 1988 that the plot occurred in November, 1983, and came to light in the course of an investigation into another matter. Farley said his information came from the Sheriff's Department. Although there is a publishing rivalry between the men's magazine publishers, Farley said the other names suggested that was not the case and that the motivation is unknown. No charges were filed against Flynt and his lawyer claimed that the $1million check that Flynt gave a 'hit man' was a joke and that a story that it was payment for killing Frank Sinatra and three publishers was concocted later.

In the early 70's my father worked for Mitch WerBell selling arms, my father and Frank Sturgis were no longer helping Hemming sell his guns to anti-Castro Cubans or local law enforcement after Hemming told them to stop representing themselves as employees of Parabellum Inc. WerBell joined the Office of Strategic Services (OSS) and served in China, Burma, and French Indochina. He carried out a secret missions for the OSS under the command of Paul Helliwell in China with E. Howard Hunt. In 1966 WerBell helped plan an invasion of Haiti with Rolando Masferrer and Haitian exiles against "Papa Doc" François Duvalier. it was WerBell who financed my father's operation to assassinate Papa Doc.

Edited by Scott Kaiser

Now, here's the million dollar question, why was it that Masferrer was under indictment for the planning and invasion of Haiti and WerBell was not? You'll find everything you need to know in my updated book, by the way, for those of you who have received a copy of my PDF to take a gander at it, believe me when I say, much of the important information has been left out, I must have forgot to put in there before sharing, it must have slipped my mind, oh well. That's what makes it "exclusive."

However, there's still some juicy stuff in there you'll read for the first time, were you looking for the smoking gun? Yeah, forgot to add that in there. All in due time, a wise man once said to me, what your ears don't hear and your eyes don't see won't accuse you. If you've never heard of the "Silent Majority" you never will. Those are your men.

As Juliet would say, "Yet I should kill thee with much cherishing. Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, That I shall say good night till it be tomorrow."

This is the other side of Scott you'll rarely see.

Good night.

Yeah, it almost slipped my mind, but how did they blow a $300,000 that's a three hundred thousand dollar deal they were going to have with CBS covering the coup of Papa Doc? Only one man could get in my father's way of assassinating Papa Doc, and that was Masferrer, someone had to turn him over to the FBI and get him out of the way so Edwin could do what he needed to do, that was only because Masferrer was already under indictment. Guess who turned him over? I explain it all.