The Education Forum

Which Film?

There seems to be some argument about the origin of some stills of Gloria Calvery, following the assassination. I was under the impression they were from the Darnell film, but are they?

Image9.jpg

3-women.jpg

I spoke to Robin Unger, and he maintains the still of Calvery, Hicks and Reed is most definitely from James Darnell's film. However, I cannot find this still in that film.

Hi Robert,

it's Trask's best guess that it's from Darnell and there's another small clip from it that shows Sitzman

That's all we have, Richard Trask says it's most likely from Darnell so for now we call it Darnell. It would of course be nice to now how he came to his conclusion but for some his word alone is golden.

Darnell was in the area and took shots on his way to the RRY and after he left it, that much we know but Trask probably had more than that, perhaps it was something about the quality of the film itself that had him rule out the others and it's very unlikely that it was labelled "Darnell" on the tin, so undoubtedly there was some detective work involved.

Who else could have took it?