The Education Forum

Link between Ruby and Oswald?

Excerpt from: http://nymag.com/news/features/conspiracy-theories/jfk-murder/

1976: Senator Richard Schweiker releases a congressional report that offers (a qualified) backing of a “Cuba connection,” and later censures the Warren Commission Report as “one of the biggest cover-ups in the history of our country.” Then in August, four Dallas policemen tell the National Enquirer they gave receipts and call records to the FBI that prove Oswald and Jack Ruby called the Cuban Embassy from a New Orleans hotel. The documents are still missing from the Warren Commission archives.

I never heard about this before. When did this alleged phone call take place?

Mathias, its really hard to track this one down.  I wrote about it in SWHT and it all comes back to a Dallas investigative newspaper report with the officers (I think we have names for two or three of them) about a box of materials that was recovered by the police after a tip.  The recovery of the box is verified, even by the Assistant DA, but his comment was that there was nothing in it useful for the trial against Ruby so he had it destroyed.  There was mention of phone calls from New Orleans and a lot of other tantalizing things that would have shown a Cuban linkage of some sort but there is really no chance that we are going to no more than what was in the officer's descriptions of what they saw while quickly going though the box...which had motel receipts, news articles, and a variety of other things.  There is even the wild chance that it was material prepared to show Cuban involvement that didn't get used due to Oswald early arrest.