The Education Forum

JFK Researchers: Divergent Thinkers?

John Simkin

"  Please forgive this outburst from a rebellious, "divergent thinker."

Tim

Tim, you have proven without the shadow of a doubt that you're an authentic "divergent thinker". I am sure John won't resent you, but will rather be proud of you! ;)

I would not describe this outburst as an example of divergent thinker. I would call it something else.

Go ahead. Call it what you will. When I first brought this to your attention, you smugly responded in a manner that implied nothing had been changed. Check yourself on that. As for the following: "Why the attack on Larry Hancock? Someone Would Have Talked is in my opinion the best book written about the assassination of JFK. It does need an index and Larry is working on that at the moment. It is not self-published (JFK Lancer). Even it was, does it matter. It is the quality of the work that matters. In my humble opinion, it is a great book." There is no such thing as a "great" history book that cannot indulge basic proofreading or indexing. Without such, there is no scholarly standard or usage. Tony Summers is an example of a real author who has paid his dues and is able to produce a real book. I know I will draw a lot of heat with that statement, but as you can see....

Edited by Tim Carroll

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go ahead.  Call it what you will.  When I first brought this to your attention, you smugly responded in a manner that implied nothing had been changed.  Check yourself on that.

Impolite. To use the word “smugly” to describe someone is also considered to be impolite in the UK. It is definitely not a word to use against a friend. Maybe you have different cultural traditions in America.

You are also wrong. Nothing has changed. The Online Seminars have always been in a separate section. They were advertised in the “Assassination Debate” section but were never actually located there.

Of course, none of this actually matters. Can we now return to the topic that was started on diveregen thinkers?

Impolite. To use the word “smugly” to describe someone is also considered to be impolite in the UK. It is definitely not a word to use against a friend. Maybe you have different cultural traditions in America.

You are also wrong. Nothing has changed.

Something has changed, and your own thread about reorganization is demonstration enough, after the fact. As I said, your dismissal of my straightforward and polite noting of the change that you are admitting and denying simultaneously, in different threads, is not cricket. That is how you Brits express it, isn't it? So you say, "Maybe you have different cultural traditions in America," meaning that you folks across the pond are more mannerly?

Tim

Divergent AND "Impolite" Thinker. Is the term "smug" more impolite than "impolite?" Obviously Denis' estimation of you was wrong, as well as mine. I gave you the space to take responsibility for what I indeed term smugness. That is almost mathematical language, given the facts, which you have twisted in places, avoided in others.

Edited by Tim Carroll

Something has changed, and your own thread about reorganization is demonstration enough, after the fact.  As I said, your dismissal of my straightforward and polite noting of the change that you are admitting and denying simultaneously, in different threads, is not cricket.  That is how you Brits express it, isn't it?  So you say, "Maybe you have different cultural traditions in America," meaning that you folks across the pond are more mannerly?

Divergent AND "Impolite" Thinker.  Is the term "smug" more impolite than "impolite?"  Obviously Denis' estimation of you was wrong, as well as mine.  I gave you the space to take responsibility for what I indeed term smugness.  That is almost mathematical language, given the facts, which you have twisted in places, avoided in others.

Something has indeed changed. A new section on JFK Books has been added. Is that why you are attacking Larry and myself like this? It must be something else. What have we really done to upset you? Is it something to do with Bob Vernon? I know you are under the impression that Larry gave Vernon your email address. He gave him mine as well. That was a mistake. Larry did not realise that Vernon was out to get us at the time. Has Vernon said something about me to you? If he has I would check it out. It is unlikely to be true. How he must be laughing at your attacks on the way I run the forum.

You said earlier that it is "my forum" and that I can do what I like with it. You are wrong, it belongs to all the members. I am just one of the administrators. I hope members will post details of how the JFK Forum could be better organized. All ideas will be considered.

I know you are under the impression that Larry gave Vernon your email address. He gave him mine as well. That was a mistake. Larry did not realise that Vernon was out to get us at the time....

You said earlier that it is "my forum" and that I can do what I like with it. You are wrong, it  belongs to all the members. I am just one of the administrators. I hope members will post details of how the JFK Forum could be better organized. All ideas will be considered.

John,

You're right; "most people only look at those threads found on the first page of the listed items." If a seminar is still a hot topic, why should it be relegated to an entirely different section, which "most people" won't check at all? Let the natural marketplace of ideas prevail, as was the case before you made this change.

When you say, "If people post in this section by mistake, the thread will be moved to the Assassination Debate," that is understandable with regard to the creation of an entirely new thread, but it should not apply to pre-approved, invited even, seminar threads.

If you find my tone snide, it is because of the misleading response you gave when I first noticed the change and mentioned it. You implied, prior to admitting that you had performed a "reorganization" that everything is as it was. When someone mentions my seminar, in which I take pride, and nurture along with thoughtful replies, and I suddenly can't find it where it's been since November 22, and I mention the change only to be rebuffed with the assertion that there has been no change, I feel misled. But you are also correct that I don't think Larry is as oblivious as you defend him to be. Why did Vernon use him, particularly, to obtain private information?

Tim

The ancients believed in The Four Humors:

The Sanguine or Red Flushed optimum Humour, hot but healthy.

The Phlegmatic or Cold Dry Humour, slow but effective.

The Melancholic or lethargic Humour of Yellow bile, a depressed biliousness and

The Choleric or Black Humor, an active and angry black bile mood.

The Magic Number Seven Stems From The Seven Planets,

The Sun, The Moon, Venus, Jupiter, Saturn and Mercury

which formed the seven magic numbers of the calendar.

Fourteen Candles was a fortnight.

Seven Candle Menorahs were typically used in the Grecian Mediterranean for weekly calendars, to mark the calends.

Few people suspect the wisdom imbedded in these commonplace observances.

Shanet

The ancients believed in The Four Humors:

The Sanguine or Red Flushed optimum Humour, hot but healthy.

The Phlegmatic or Cold Dry Humour, slow but effective.

The Melancholic or lethargic Humour of Yellow bile, a depressed biliousness and

The Choleric or Black Humor, an active and angry black bile mood.

The Magic Number Seven Stems From The Seven Planets,

The Sun, The Moon, Venus, Jupiter, Saturn and Mercury

which formed the seven magic numbers of the calendar.

Few people suspect the wisdom imbedded in these commonplace observances.

Shanet:

As a transliminal humanist myself, I embrace all aspects of my psyche: sanguine, phlegmatic, melancholic and choleric. The issue then becomes one of timing and appropriateness to the moment, measured by a personal standard of grace. I was married on 7/7/77 atop Mt. Shasta, home of the Lemurians. Given the cruciality of timing, I am increasingly enchanted by the calendaric wisdom of the ancient Maya. It wasn't until I visited the ruins at Chichen Itza a few years ago that I became aware of the interpretations of the upcoming winter solstice in 2012, the end-date of the Mayan calendar - and coincidentally [sic] of the ancient Hindu calendar as well. The Yucatan is calling me....

Tim