The Education Forum

Vieil État-Major

This is a question for Paz Marverde, or anybody else for that matter.

What do you know of Bastien Thiry's,  Vieil État-Major, and is there a connection to Jean-Rene Souetre and the Intergrelistes?

See page 15 of this article (page 3 of the pdf file).

http://www.inatheque.fr/medias/inatheque_fr/outils_analyse/exemples_mediascope/ils_voulaient_tuer_de_gaulle/TF1_hebdo_magazine_4_au_10_juin_2005.pdf

Steve Thomas

I can’t read French. But I bumped an old thread that showed up when I tried to look into this secretive group. Any help with translation?

I did notice, in reviewing Thiry’s attempt to have DeGaulle assassinated, that there were 3 Hungarians in the hit team. That’s weird. 

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

I can’t read French. But I bumped an old thread that showed up when I tried to look into this secretive group. Any help with translation?

Paul,

Roughly translated, the paragraph reads:

"It does not appear to have been the O.A.S, but a seemingly different, Catholic, traditionalist and military. It is a mysterious "Old Guard", where found military and also ecclesiastical relatively close to General Zeller, one of the four putschists of Algiers. The research also makes it possible that he was planning an attack aimed at Gaulle for longer than we have believed it, since 1960 at least ... "

Steve Thomas