The Education Forum

Bill Newman: The shots came from the mall behind me!

The first-hand account of Mr. Newman minutes after the assassination of JFK.  He felt that the shots came from "The Mall" behind him.

The Mary Moreman photo shows a figure of a gunman in "The Mall" behind Bill Newman. If you can see Mr. Zapruder and Ms. Sitzman standing on the pedestal, the gunman is seen to the left of them. The Nix film shows a smoke trail in the same "Mall" that Mr. Newman thought the shots came from.

2D9692239-today-moorman-polaroid-jfk-ass

At the 26 second mark, you can see the smoke trail inside the pergola.  You should put the video in slow motion to better see the smoke trail.  It is hard to see.

Edited by Keyvan Shahrdar

1 hour ago, Keyvan Shahrdar said:

The first-hand account of Mr. Newman minutes after the assassination of JFK.  He felt that the shots came from "The Mall" behind him.

The Mary Moreman photo shows a figure of a gunman in "The Mall" behind Bill Newman. If you can see Mr. Zapruder and Ms. Sitzman standing on the pedestal, the gunman is seen to the left of them. The Nix film shows a smoke trail in the same "Mall" that Mr. Newman thought the shots came from.

2D9692239-today-moorman-polaroid-jfk-ass

At the 26 second mark, you can see the smoke trail inside the pergola.  You should put the video in slow motion to better see the smoke trail.  It is hard to see.

--  T.G.

Actually, probably not from the sixth floor, but from that part of the Grassy Knoll (much closer to the TDBD than the "classic" Grassy Knoll) where "diving man" Malcolm Summers, on the other side of Elm Street on the "infield grass," said he saw something happening behind a low retaining wall.

Edited by Thomas Graves

1 hour ago, Thomas Graves said:

--  T.G.

Actually, probably not from the sixth floor, but from that part of the Grassy Knoll much closer to the TDBD than the "classic" Grassy Knoll where "diving man" Malcolm Summers, on the other side of Elm Street on the "infield grass," said he saw something happening behind a low retaining wall.

T.G. Can you make out the figure inside the pergola to the left of Mr. Zapruder and Ms. Sitzman?  Did you see the 26-second mark of the Nix film video I posted and do you see the smoke trail at the same spot when you can see a figure in the Mary Moreman photo?  Do you know how to put the video in slow motion?

The reason I ask is that some people do not see it and I do and for the life of me I don't understand how people could interpret those images in any other way.

Edited by Keyvan Shahrdar