The Education Forum

Robert Morrow's Notes on Robert Caro book signing

On 4/25/2019 at 9:37 PM, Ron Bulman said:

The last I remember reading about it and commenting, asking questions, was a thread on here or JFK Facts.  Personally I concluded that IF there was a party at the Murchison's the night before, it was almost impossible LBJ was there.  The planes landed at Carswell close to 11:00 pm.  He was seen leaving in the convoy heading to the Hotel Texas.  Which means he arrived there by the time they disembarked, loaded into the limo's and got there it wasn't too far from midnight.  If I remember right she had him coming out of the private meeting with Murchison, Hoover and others about midnight.  Maybe it was later.  Maybe with his military connections he went immediately back to Carswell and hopped on a chopper for Murchison's.  I'm skeptical.

BTW, he stayed in the Presidential or Honeymoon suite.  The Secret Service chose the second best one for JFK for Security purposes.  Only one door.  So some of them could go to the Cellar and drink.  But Cowtown oil money decorated JFK's suite quite nicely in his Honor for his last night on our planet.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/gallery/2013/11/suite-850-br-the-view-in-jfks-last-hotel-room-000152?slide=0

Thanks for the answer and for your insight, Ron. Much appreciated!