The Education Forum

Oswald gun Soviet Embassy

TO KGB AGENTS, OSWALD WAS 'EXTREMELY AGITATED'

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/politics/1993/11/16/to-kgb-agents-oswald-was-extremely-agitated/4089867a-47b4-4245-a2df-9560e805d1c4/

“The next morning, Saturday, Sept. 28, Oswald returned to the Soviet Embassy while the KGB men were suiting up for a soccer game with their rivals in miltary intelligence, the GRU. This time, he was brought to a third consular official and KGB officer, Pavel Yatzkov, who remembered, according to a CIA report, that Oswald "was nervous and his hands trembled."

“In recounting all this, he continually expressed concern for his life," Kostikov said. He described Oswald as "extremely agitated and clearly nervous, especially whenever he mentioned the FBI."

It was at that point that Oswald pulled out the revolver and put it on a table, saying, "See? This is what I must now carry to protect my life."

Yatzkov grabbed the gun, took the cartridges out and put them in a drawer. When the meeting was over, Oswald picked up the gun again, put it in his pants, and Yatzkov gave back the bullets.”

To me, this whole alleged incident is laughable.

You want to tell me that an armed, “extremely agitated” American was allowed into the Soviet Embassy in the first place?

Yatzkov grabbed the gun, but Oswald picked it back up off the table?

Yatzkov put the bullets in a desk drawer, but gave them back to Oswald so he could load the gun again?

All the while the KGB guys are dressed as soccer players?

Oh please, this just strains credulity.

Steve Thomas