The Education Forum

The Missing Trains in Willis #5

Linda Willis said her father Phil Willis remembered trains being in the background in Willis #5. He was present when it was developed and saw trains but when he received his photos back from the FBI the trains were gone.
  The graphics below show the last Pullman car(Southern most car) was hidden from the Willis #5 line of sight. I think Linda Willis said they walked 20 or 30 feet west on the grass after taking #5. As soon as they started walking the last Pullman car would become visible to them. After approx 30 feet the trains would take up about 3 windows of the Colonnade.
 The photo on the top right that shows the Pullman also shows boxcars under the switching light tower on the western most tracks. Mr Willis could not have seen those either because they were not there during the shooting. The last McIntyre photo of JFK's SS follow up car getting on the Stemmons shows they were not under the tower just 20 seconds after the shooting. The same photo also confirms the Pullman cars location.
  The Hughes film shows the RR yard but not the rear end of the Pullman in question. Hughes can still be used to figure out the last Pullman cars location and it matches all the other evidence.
   I have to think it is likely Mr Willis did see the trains when he walked west from #5 and later conflated the memory with the photo. I don't like trying to get inside peoples heads and make assumptions about their mistakes to bolster my opinion, but the photographic evidence and long tested accurate maps of the plaza don't leave much room for error here. 

It has been 24 hours and after going on about the evidence in my initial post I was premature to say Mr Willis must have been wrong. Linda Willis explained in a video that possibly one or more photos were missing. We know they walked forward and took several more photos. It's entirely possible that he took a photo of The Colonnade from there and would have seen the trains. That could easily be the missing photo.

final linda Willis low.jpg

Edited by Chris Bristow

• Chris Bristow changed the title to The Missing Trains in Willis #5