The Education Forum

Sniper's Nest Shenanigans

A discussion of the difficulty of the shooting from the sixth floor window has reminded me of some of the stuff in chapter 4d of my website, that has mostly gone unnoticed. While not a smoking gun this stuff is very damaging to the reputation of the DPD, IMO. 

Let's start here, with the previously undiscovered fact that Box A, the so-called rifle rest box, which was later purported to show Oswald's left palm print and right index finger print, went missing on the evening of 11-22-63, even thought the DPD would later claim it remained in the building till the 25th. 

image.png.8d2e51ec335f95f553c90e5932d688ba.png

Now note that the Box A photographed in the sniper's nest on the 25th was not the same Box A photographed on the 22nd, that now resides in the archives.

Here is Box A on the 22nd. 

And here is Box A on the 25th. 

And here is a list of differences...

1. The "scar" is different on the two boxes, with the "scar" on the first box having a deeper gouge..

2. There is a dark mark on the top of the box photographed on the 22nd, that is not visible on the box photographed on the 25th.

3. The rectangular stamp on the side of the box facing the camera is aligned differently with the circular shape above it on the first box, than on the second box. To be clear, the left side of this stamp lines up below the right side of the circle on the first box, and the left side of the circle on the second box.

4. The ink on the left side of this stamp is much thicker on the box photographed on the 22nd than it is on the box photographed on the 25th.

5. There is a line within this stamp that is visible on the box photographed on the 22nd (the real Box A, if you will) that is not apparent on the box photographed on the 25th.

6. There is a dark line to the right of this stamp on the second box that is only sporadically apparent on the first box.

7. The upside-down words "Second Rolling Readers" near the middle of the top of the side of the box run parallel to the top edge of the box photographed on the 22nd, but run at an angle to the top edge of the box photographed on the 25th.

And that's not all. Look at the two pieces of tape along the shadowy side of the box in the re-constructed photo above. The piece of tape on the left is slightly higher than the piece of tape on the right side. Now look at what is supposedly the same two pieces of tape in Archives photo 33-3374a, the National Archives' most recent photo of this box. (Note that the arrow in this photo is purported to point to where a print of Oswald's right index finger was found on this box, and that this was thereby the west-facing side of the box.)

image.thumb.png.50640e105779d43d21b5d8ee7c49cf5a.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Pat Speer

Now let's look at the DPD's reconstruction of the sniper's nest on 11-25-63. 

Look back at the photos on the first slide, above. There was a stack of boxes directly behind the boxes by the window on the 22nd and 23rd.

Now, here is one of the 11-25-63 photos they presented to the FBI as being accurate depictions of the sniper's nest on 11-22-63. 

image.png.e7065224ffcdda3e76db542fdaeaeaec.png

The boxes have been removed. Now at first I thought this may have been just for the sake of the photo, and that they didn't mean to deceive. 

Edited by Pat Speer

But I was wrong. 

Here is the schematic of the sniper's nest layout as put into the official record. 

image.thumb.png.ad72f9f759f1275fe5a02c8a7fdc614d.png

And here is the original drawing for this schematic, as found in the Dallas Police Archives.

image.thumb.png.bf39a565567d03f82d1630e23fdedd01.png

A stack of 4 boxes was removed from the schematic, and a "reconstruction" of the sniper's nest boxes without this stack was photographed and sent to the FBI. This could hardly have been an accident. (When one studies the record, moreover, one finds that the FBI quickly realized that the 11-25-63 photos submitted to them were inconsistent with the photos they'd taken, without the DPD's knowledge, on the 23rd. And that the DPD only admitted that the photos were a "reconstruction" performed on the 25th after being confronted with this fact.)

Well, why? What were they up to? 

Edited by Pat Speer

Good Day Pat....   Thank  you  👍 for your, as always, outstanding, + important points with respect to illuminating key details of the boxes in the warrenatti-apologists,  supposed,  "lone-nut" "snipers lair."

IIRC, several hours later on the afternoon of the 22nd, were not non-law enforcement persons --- lame-stream-media photographers --- also DPD-sloppily allowed into the,  supposed,  "lone-nut" "snipers lair" (DPD-un-guarded ‼️) evidence's area 

Best  Regards  in  Research,

++   +Don

Donald Roberdeau
United States Navy
U.S.S. John F. Kennedy, CV-67, plank walker
Sooner, or later, The Truth emerges clearly

For your key considerations + independent determinations....

Homepages Website:  "Men of Courage:  President Kennedy-elimination":  Evidence, 
Witnesses,
Photographers, Outstanding Researchers Discoveries, Suspects, + Important, Key Considerations, in
One Convenient Resource....

the Dealey Plaza Detailed Map:  Documented 11-22-63 Victims Precise Locations +
Reactions, Evidence, Witnesses + Photographers locations, Suspected Bullet Trajectories,
Outstanding Researchers Discoveries, + Important Information + Key Considerations, in One
Convenient Resource....
https://i.imgur.com/8vSS1dp.gif
( updated map, + new information )

Discovery:  Very Close JFK Assassination Witness ROSEMARY WILLIS
Zapruder Film Documented  2nd  Head Snap: 
West, Ultrafast,  and  Directly
Towards  the  Grassy  Knoll ....

Visual Report:  The  First  Bullet Impact Into President Kennedy: While JFK
was  Still  Hidden  Under  the warrenatti-apologist "Magic-limbed-ricochet-tree"....

Visual Report:  Reality  Versus C.A.D. : the  Real  World, versus, Garbage-in-garbage-out....

T  ogether
E  veryone
A  chieves
M  ore

Current  Terrorism  Alerts  for  the  United  States:  advisory7regional.gif
http://www.dhs.gov
Edited by Don Roberdeau

9 hours ago, Don Roberdeau said:

Good Day Pat....   Thank  you  👍 for your, as always, outstanding, + important points with respect to illuminating key details of the boxes in the warrenatti-apologists,  supposed,  "lone-nut" "snipers lair."

IIRC, several hours later on the afternoon of the 22nd, were not non-law enforcement persons --- lame-stream-media photographers --- also DPD-sloppily allowed into the,  supposed,  "lone-nut" "snipers lair" (DPD-un-guarded ‼️) evidence's area ‼️

Best  Regards  in  Research,

++   +Don

Donald Roberdeau
United States Navy
U.S.S. John F. Kennedy, CV-67, plank walker
Sooner, or later, The Truth emerges clearly

For your key considerations + independent determinations....

Homepages Website:  "Men of Courage:  President Kennedy-elimination":  Evidence, 
Witnesses,
Photographers, Outstanding Researchers Discoveries, Suspects, + Important, Key Considerations, in
One Convenient Resource....

the Dealey Plaza Detailed Map:  Documented 11-22-63 Victims Precise Locations +
Reactions, Evidence, Witnesses + Photographers locations, Suspected Bullet Trajectories,
Outstanding Researchers Discoveries, + Important Information + Key Considerations, in One
Convenient Resource....
https://i.imgur.com/8vSS1dp.gif
( updated map, + new information )

Discovery:  Very Close JFK Assassination Witness ROSEMARY WILLIS
Zapruder Film Documented  2nd  Head Snap: 
West, Ultrafast,  and  Directly
Towards  the  Grassy  Knoll ....

Visual Report:  The  First  Bullet Impact Into President Kennedy: While JFK
was  Still  Hidden  Under  the warrenatti-apologist "Magic-limbed-ricochet-tree"....

Visual Report:  Reality  Versus C.A.D. : the  Real  World, versus, Garbage-in-garbage-out....

T  ogether
E  veryone
A  chieves
M  ore

Current  Terrorism  Alerts  for  the  United  States:  advisory7regional.gif
http://www.dhs.gov

Yes, one of the other things I "discovered", if you will, is that Lt. Day gave a "tour" of the sixth floor, including the sniper's nest, to newsmen upon his return from deliivering the rifle to his office. In his subsequent testimony, he made out that the press somehow got access to the crime scene on Saturday, without his knowledge. But all the press photos I could find of the sniper's nest were taken on Friday, by men provided access by Day himself. 

It was, moreover, the FBI who'd gained access on Saturday, apparently without Day's knowledge. And that is telling, because the FBI's photos prove that Box A--the lone box later determined to bear Oswald's prints--was MIA on the 23rd. And this despite Day's sworn testimony the boxes remained in the sniper's nest until the 25th. 

Edited by Pat Speer

2 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

Yes, one of the other things I "discovered", if you will, is that Lt. Day gave a "tour" of the sixth floor, including the sniper's nest, to newsmen upon his return from deliivering the rifle to the crime lab. In his subsequent testimony, he made out that the press somehow got access to the crime scene on Saturday, without his knowledge. But all the press photos I could find of the sniper's nest were taken on Friday, by men provided access by Day himself. 

It was, moreover, the FBI who'd gained access on Saturday, apparently without Day's knowledge. And that is telling, because the FBI's photos prove that Box A--the lone box later determined to bear Oswald's prints--was MIA on the 23rd. And this despite Day's sworn testimony the boxes remained in the sniper's nest until the 25th. 

Pat it's my understanding Lt. Day put the gun away in his office and returned to the TSBD some two hours later. Could you please clarify delivering the rifle to the crime lab? Thanks.

15 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

But I was wrong. 

Here is the schematic of the sniper's nest layout as put into the official record. 

image.thumb.png.ad72f9f759f1275fe5a02c8a7fdc614d.png

And here is the original drawing for this schematic, as found in the Dallas Police Archives.

image.thumb.png.bf39a565567d03f82d1630e23fdedd01.png

A stack of 4 boxes was removed from the schematic, and a "reconstruction" of the sniper's nest boxes without this stack was photographed and sent to the FBI. This could hardly have been an accident. (When one studies the record, moreover, one finds that the FBI quickly realized that the 11-25-63 photos submitted to them were inconsistent with the photos they'd taken, without the DPD's knowledge, on the 23rd. And that the DPD only admitted that the photos were a "reconstruction" performed on the 25th after being confronted with this fact.)

Well, why? What were they up to? 

Do you think someone decided that there wasn’t enough room - like it was impossible to shoot with the true placement of the boxes, so the stack behind the window must have been replaced by the shooter before his escape? In this scenario the logic for removing the stack would be to show the snipers nest as it was during the shooting, even though there was no evidence that the boxes were moved. 

It looks like it’d be pretty damn tight in there, but still possible to aim out the window with the stack in place, but I can’t really tell. The shooter would have to be way off to the left of the window, sitting on box A behind the pipes. I’ll have to reread your chapter, but what’s your opinion on what the DPD were up to by removing the stack? 

3 minutes ago, Paul Cummings said:

Pat it's my understanding Lt. Day put the gun away in his office and returned to the TSBD some two hours later. Could you please clarify delivering the rifle to the crime lab? Thanks.

Perhaps my wording was incorrect. I assumed Day's office was adjacent to the crime lab, where he could test fingerprints, etc. Now, there was also a crime lab at the hospital,  where they tested the paraffin casts, but I've never seen anything to indicate the rifle was taken to the hospital.  

I'm curious, however. Am I missing something? Does it matter if he took it to his office or to the crime lab? 

6 minutes ago, Tom Gram said:

Do you think someone decided that there wasn’t enough room - like it was impossible to shoot with the true placement of the boxes, so the stack behind the window must have been replaced by the shooter before his escape? In this scenario the logic for removing the stack would be to show the snipers nest as it was during the shooting, even though there was no evidence that the boxes were moved. 

It looks like it’d be pretty damn tight in there, but still possible to aim out the window with the stack in place, but I can’t really tell. The shooter would have to be way off to the left of the window, sitting on box A behind the pipes. I’ll have to reread your chapter, but what’s your opinion on what the DPD were up to by removing the stack? 

I think they were trying to sell the single-assassin theory, and they thought people might think there wasn't enough room if the actual layout of the sniper's nest was recorded. So they made a stack go bye-bye. 

16 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

Perhaps my wording was incorrect. I assumed Day's office was adjacent to the crime lab, where he could test fingerprints, etc. Now, there was also a crime lab at the hospital,  where they tested the paraffin casts, but I've never seen anything to indicate the rifle was taken to the hospital.  

I'm curious, however. Am I missing something? Does it matter if he took it to his office or to the crime lab? 

I just read something recently with Lt. Day in which he said that he took the gun to check it out at his office and left it. He then went back to TSBD so I didn't read the gun was given to the crime lab. 

Edited by Paul Cummings

23 minutes ago, Paul Cummings said:

I just read something recently with Lt. Day in which he said that he took the gun to check it out at his office and left it. He then went back to TSBD so I didn't read the gun was given to the crime lab. 

Yes, I think I see what you're getting at. He did not give it to the crime lab--where others could gain access to it. He locked it up so that he alone could access it.