The Education Forum

Scot Free- JFK board game

There is a movie called "The Kentucky Fried Movie." Movie is a comedy made up of skits. One of them is a board game about the JFK assassination that makes fun of the lone assassin theory.

I have commented on this before. While prominent news organizations and prominent publishing houses have inundated the U.S. with Oswald did it material, Hollywood has provided a fountain of conspiracy questioning or conspiracy pushing material to the public. Just yesterday, I came across a graphic novel version of the Warren Report, put out for the 50th anniversary. This was clearly designed for a younger audience than would normally read such stuff. It had the whole Oswald did it scenario but then ended with quotes from Johnson and Russell, etc, that strongly suggested the whole WC was a whitewash. I was surprised. But I shouldn't have been. When one looks at Hollywood movies and TV, and the smaller publishing houses, one will find that the majority accept the possibility there was more to it than Oswald. 

This was one of the reasons the likes of Valenti and Belin attacked Stone's JFK. They saw it as a symptom of a bigger problem--that the WC supporters had lost control of the  narrative to the likes of Stone, not to mention the Kentucky Fried Movie.

55 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

I have commented on this before. While prominent news organizations and prominent publishing houses have inundated the U.S. with Oswald did it material, Hollywood has provided a fountain of conspiracy questioning or conspiracy pushing material to the public. Just yesterday, I came across a graphic novel version of the Warren Report, put out for the 50th anniversary. This was clearly designed for a younger audience than would normally read such stuff. It had the whole Oswald did it scenario but then ended with quotes from Johnson and Russell, etc, that strongly suggested the whole WC was a whitewash. I was surprised. But I shouldn't have been. When one looks at Hollywood movies and TV, and the smaller publishing houses, one will find that the majority accept the possibility there was more to it than Oswald. 

This was one of the reasons the likes of Valenti and Belin attacked Stone's JFK. They saw it as a symptom of a bigger problem--that the WC supporters had lost control of the  narrative to the likes of Stone, not to mention the Kentucky Fried Movie.

Hollywood is capitalising on the seeds of doubt in the public consciousness. They are not helping the CT cause. They are further muddying the waters. You see, when it became obvious that the official version was being rejected by a vast swathe of masses, the tack switches. All those wishing to cover up the truth needed to do is float so many different theories that the public would be so confused that they’d become apathetic. This is a tactic we see play out, time and time again. 

Aldous Huxley feared that truth would be lost in a sea of irrelevance. It looks like his concerns were valid. 

13 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

Hollywood is capitalising on the seeds of doubt in the public consciousness. They are not helping the CT cause. They are further muddying the waters. You see, when it became obvious that the official version was being rejected by a vast swathe of masses, the tack switches. All those wishing to cover up the truth needed to do is float so many different theories that the public would be so confused that they’d become apathetic. This is a tactic we see play out, time and time again. 

Aldous Huxley feared that truth would be lost in a sea of irrelevance. It looks like his concerns were valid. 

Wait. Are you saying that that JFK conspiracy movies and TV shows are all part of some master plot? Designed to confuse people who have never developed a consensus and are already confused? 

And, if so, doesn't that imply that "they" know the truth of what happened? So, like "they" have a meeting and one guy says "I'll make a movie where Ruby is a good guy" and another guy says "And I'll make a documentary where JFK was shot by one of his bodyguards" and another guy steps up and says "And I'll create a TV show blaming it on the mafia"... And they all know these scenarios are untrue?

Well, then what about CT-land? Are the many widespread theories on the case being spread by people who know them to be false? 

9 minutes ago, Pat Speer said:

Wait. Are you saying that that JFK conspiracy movies and TV shows are all part of some master plot? Designed to confuse people who have never developed a consensus and are already confused? 

No, you’ve misunderstood, Pat. its just salacious or appealing and therefore attractive to the masses and saleable. 

The consequence is that the more narratives supplied, the further the public are from the truth, in some respects. Can you comprehend that?

35 minutes ago, Chris Barnard said:

No, you’ve misunderstood, Pat. its just salacious or appealing and therefore attractive to the masses and saleable. 

The consequence is that the more narratives supplied, the further the public are from the truth, in some respects. Can you comprehend that?

Yes. And I agree. It's a mess. But... I do think it's probably better that people not know what happened than that they wholeheartedly swallow the WC's nonsense.