The Education Forum

The Latest Trump Indictment

2 hours ago, Mark Knight said:

Revenge.

It's the path to a multitude of rabbit holes.

Mafia. Anti-Castro Cubans. Pro-Castro Cubans.

"And the beat goes on; yeah, the beat goes on."

Because, to a degree, all these revenge seekers have both motives and resources.

If you want to tie up ALL the political assassinations on US soil in the '60s and early '70s in a neat little package, consider...Richard Nixon.

After the '62 California gubernatorial election, "You won't have Dick Nixon to kick around anymore" was Nixon's pouty response. Yet 6 years later, he's POTUS. MLK's assassination didn't benefit the Democrats, but it helped Nixon's campaign by removing a charismatic pro-Democratic Party leader. RFK's assassination helped Nixon by...yep, you guessed it...removing a charismatic Democratic leader. After RFK's death, Gene McCarthy folded his campaign and the anything-but-charismatic Hubert Humphrey became the Democratic Party nominee, handing the Presidency to Nixon.  Fast-forward to '72. Even though McGovern's campaign imploded, George Wallace's campaign as an independent raised the possibility that the three-way race might not be decided by the Electoral College, but by the Democrat-controlled House of Representatives. So George Wallace is shot. Cui buono? Who benefits? Nixon.

But Watergate showed us that Nixon wasn't at the head of the pyramid. Once Nixon had served his masters' purpose, the skids under him were greased with the release of the flood of Watergate evidence, and Nixon's time as POTUS was done.

Figure out who was behind all of Nixon's pre-Watergate "good fortune," and I believe you'll discover the persons behind not only the JFK assassination but the others as well. Because I don't believe that history occurs in a vacuum. I think the JFK assassination was their first "success" on US soil, and that emboldened them to continue right through '72, if not beyond.

MK--

We happen to agree somewhat, and Watergate remains an enigma on the US political landscape. HRC was very active as a lawyer on the Senate Watergate Committee, btw, where she learned how to weaponize government agencies and Congressional committees. 

I am still undecided on what the heck really happened to Nixon. Everybody doing the Watergate burglary was CIA. 

It is sad that a President such as Nixon can get impeached for his purported crimes, but not dropping hundreds of millions of cluster bombs onto Laos.

Biden, of course, will not get impeached for his illegal snuff job on the JFK Records Act. 

I suspect there have been four Presidents deposed by the intel state, JFK, Nixon, Carter and Trump. Yes, that last one is the most obvious, yet most contentious. 

BTW, Matt Taibbi just called Jack Smith's prosecution of Trump a "deranged authoritarian fantasy." 

The Electric Kool-Aid Trump Indictment

Special prosecutor Jack Smith's January 6th case is a surreal mix of conventional law and authoritarian lunacy

AUG 4

PREVIEW

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack.com%2Ficon%2FLuci

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack.com%2Ficon%2FLuci

https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack.com%2Ficon%2FNote

uG5lTt6ONCs

The United States of America v. Donald J. Trump may be the trippiest read since Cat’s Cradle, and not in a good way. 

Special Counsel Jack Smith’s indictment is a case within a case, a prosecutorial enchilada filled with things for people of all political persuasions to hate. The outside is a shell of a conventional conspiracy prosecution, and these parts are genuinely damaging for Donald Trump. Inside, it’s a deranged authoritarian fantasy, at times reading more like a 45-page Louise Mensch tweet than an indictment. ...

---30---

Interesting times. Don't drink the kool-aid, red, blue or orange. 

MAGA Ben Cole's article here by Matt Taibbi is one of the most ridiculously inaccurate things I've ever read on the subject of Trump's serious, historic crimes.

Taibbi missed his calling.  He should have been a used car salesman.

Trump, obviously, conspired to obstruct the Congressional certification of Biden's election-- a 20 year felony.

He also organized slates of False Electors in multiple swing states, and directly pressured state officials to illegally alter vote counts.

Subsequently, he mishandled top secret classified agency documents and hid them from government officials after refusing to relinquish them.

So, after agreeing in court last Thursday to refrain from threatening witnesses and judicial officials involved in his J6 seditious conspiracy case, Donald Trump has been incessantly attacking witnesses and judicial officials involved in his J6 seditious conspiracy case.

Sociopaths only respond to the threat of external consequences.

They have no internal (moral) regulatory apparatus.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2023 at 2:55 AM, Benjamin Cole said:

MK--

I am still undecided on what the heck really happened to Nixon. Everybody doing the Watergate burglary was CIA. 

It is sad that a President such as Nixon can get impeached for his purported crimes, but not dropping hundreds of millions of cluster bombs onto Laos.

Biden, of course, will not get impeached for his illegal snuff job on the JFK Records Act. 

Ben,

Let's get back to dealing in facts, please.

Richard Nixon was NOT impeached. The House was drawing up articles of impeachment, and the Senate was prepared to convict Nixon...Republicans as well as Democrats.

But Nixon resigned.

While you're entitled to form your own opinions, you are NOT entitled to conjure up "facts" not based upon evidence. Historically, William Jefferson Clinton was the first President since Andrew Johnson to be impeached. Nixon was no more impeached than Abraham Lincoln, James Garfield, William McKinley, and JFK were impeached.

And I'm sure that information is widely available.