The Education Forum

A new look at paper bags, curtain rods, and Oswald

Greg Doudna

Now, there still is a problem with the paper, still working on that

From Michael we have a piece of string (first numbered 1 later it became number 2), other than his drawing of the roped-blanket that's his only exhibit.  

But the wrapping paper still needs a little more clarification

D-numbers (208) / Ruth Paine number 273

I have a feeling (nothing more really.... but enough to make me curious about this)  some wrapping paper came out of the Paine garage before 11/23, but as said still working on that.... for all we know it could have been the 274/275-rod wrapping :   

Recap : Ruth first stated the rods in the garage were packed (Michael had checked and nothing was missing, as far as Ruth could remember). The commission dit not bother to ask Michael unfortunately.  Later, Ruth wasn't sure they were wrapped, but on 11/23 they were certainly not !   Could be ofcourse Ruth was simply confused with the venetian blinds that were indeed still wrapped (but they had a different kind of wrapping, was originally from Sears I believe it was).    On 11/23 included in the exh were paper and sticky tape that Ruth had in the garage for occasional wrapping of things.  So we have the D-numbers.... and so it goes.....

Edited by Jean Ceulemans

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The entire Paine home WC visit was nothing more than an elaborate charade to stage the 'discovery' of the two curtain rods and assign them their magic numbers.

And boy, did they have to work hard to contrive non-curtain-rod discourse! I mean, just look at this nonsense:

Mr. JENNER - And Mr. Howlett and I have measured the rooms in the presence of Mrs. Paine. The dining room-kitchen area is open. It's full length from wall to wall is 25 feet and 4 inches in length and 12 feet, 4 inches in width. The distance from the west wall of the dining room-kitchen area to the outside wall of the bedroom on the northeast corner is 31 feet, 2 inches. That particular bedroom in the northeast corner is 12 feet by 12 feet, 1 inch. The southeast corner of the house consists of a bedroom directly to the south of the first bedroom I have just described and it is 12 feet, 1 inch by 10 feet, 9 inches. That particular bedroom opens by window, a large picture window onto West Fifth Street. The northeast bedroom has two windows, one on the north wall and one on the east wall. These are unlike the southeast bedroom in that neither of these windows is a picture window.
Mrs. PAINE - The southeast bedroom also has two windows and the picture window, I think, gives a slightly larger impression than I have of it--it's around 43 inches wide.
Mr. JENNER - Shall we measure it, then?

(At this point Counsel Jenner and Agent Howlett took the measurements discussed.)

[...]

Mr. JENNER - The work bench I have described is at its top 8 feet 1 inch in length and 2 feet 3 inches wide or deep, extending out from the west wall into the garage. It's a good substantial work bench, though it is piled high with various boxes and cartons. Is the top of the work bench in approximately the same condition now as it was on November 22, 1963, Mrs. Paine?
Mrs. PAINE - A little fuller.

Edited by Alan Ford

10 hours ago, Alan Ford said:

------The 3000+ club I've already covered

No, you've just decided on your own that there's a "3000 club". But there are only TWO witnesses in this "club" (Semingsen and Wilcox). Whereas the "5000 club" has dozens of examples. But there are a mere TWO members of your invented "3000 club" (and both witnesses worked for Western Union).

Plus: as I said, I see no connection between Semingsen and Wilcox and the corresponding "CE" numbers (3001 thru 3017).

Rankin authorized Jenner going to Dallas and taking testimonies already on 3/18 and the Paines were not the only ones on the very long list.   When the actual visit to the Paines was agreed upon to or confirmed, I don't know yet.   I'm still checking the working files for that and other stuff.

PS : also on 3/21 exhibit numbers were being changed to "Ruth Paine" in stead of "Commission", just as I posted these changes on the 3/23 exhibits,

Edited by Jean Ceulemans

2 hours ago, David Von Pein said:

No, you've just decided on your own that there's a "3000 club". But there are only TWO witnesses in this "club" (Semingsen and Wilcox). Whereas the "5000 club" has dozens of examples. But there are a mere TWO members of your invented "3000 club" (and both witnesses worked for Western Union).

🥱

"and both witnesses worked for Western Union"------------------that's the 3000 club then, Mr. Von Pein. Duh.

What else ya got? We're still looking for a single exhibit numbering anywhere comparable in its utter out-of-nowhereness to the 270 that was assigned to the first (!) "piece of long heavy string" taken from the Paine home.

2 hours ago, Jean Ceulemans said:

469.jpg

469 summ.jpg

Thank you again for your excellent archival work here, Mr. Ceulemans.

There is no possible world in which Mr. Jenner, in Irving on 23 March, could have been under the mistaken impression that #270 was still been available for the assignment of a new Commission Exhibit number.

21 MARCH, 1964 (WASHINGTON):

Mr. JENNER - I will exhibit to you transcripts of three letters that you wrote your mother, which she permitted an agent of the FBI to copy.
I am going to mark those three transcripts Exhibit 461 for identification.

23 MARCH, 1964 (IRVING):

Mr. JENNER - The short piece which Mrs. Paine has picked up and has exhibited to me, we will mark Commission "Ruth Paine Exhibit No. 270," and we will cut a piece of the other twine or string and mark that as "Ruth Paine Exhibit No. 271."

Friends, putting together

i) the blatantly contrived arrival at the number '275' for the first Paine garage curtain rod

with

ii) this document which has broken Mr. Von Pein's brain--------------

Curtain-Rods-Texas-History-guide.jpg

-------------it's not too difficult to reconstruct the shameless shenanigans that went into disappearing the two curtain rods that were found in the Depository after the assassination and tested for Mr. Oswald's prints.

9 hours ago, Jean Ceulemans said:

3/16/1964  WC asks Hoover about checking out Oswald's room on Beckley (see Pat Speer on that in reation to the answer and Mrs. Johnsen's statement)

Yes, Mr. Speer has written most illuminatingly on this

28 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

Whoopeee! A two-member "club" (per Mr. Ford's choice of verbiage).

~Grin~

Golly, Mr. Von Pein, you're really sweating here, aren't you!

Your admirably diligent efforts have splendidly vindicated my claim: there really is no instance anywhere in the WC's assignment of a number to an exhibit that is remotely comparable in its sheer out-of-nowhereness to the assignment of the number '270' for the first Ruth Paine Exhibit.

I've given the reason for the otherwise bizarre choice of this particular number.

You have shown yourself to be as defeated by this problem as you are by the........................

1 hour ago, Alan Ford said:

there really is no instance anywhere in the WC's assignment of a number to an exhibit that is remotely comparable in its sheer out-of-nowhereness to the assignment of the number '270' for the first Ruth Paine Exhibit.

Yes there is. And I already provided that comparable item --- it's Semingsen Exhibit No. 3001.

~Grin~

~Smirk~

Edited by David Von Pein

13 minutes ago, David Von Pein said:

Yes there is. And I already provided that comparable item --- it's Semingsen Exhibit No. 3001.

"Comparable item", lol.

Read this slowly, Mr. Von Pein, until you have internalized the awful fact of it:

3001 is not a random out-of-nowhere number with which to start counting at. It is clearly the beginning of a 3000 series.

270 is a random out-of-nowhere number with which to start counting at. It is clearly not the beginning of any series.

Now start again from the top:

3001 is not a random out-of-nowhere number with which [....................]

Repeat until the tears start flowing! 👍