The Education Forum

CE 477: Why did Brennan circle the TWO end windows, 6th floor?

Notice that Howard Brennan circled only ONE single window on the 5th floor, and put Norman and Jarman in that same single window .  And it was a window CLOSED at 12:30pm 11/22/63.  His A (sniper) and B (Norman, Jarman) circling is very specific--one window for the latter, TWO for the sniper.  Why did he allot two windows to the sniper?  It could be the key to the whole shebang...

CE 477 page 197.JPG

4 hours ago, Donald Willis said:

Notice that Howard Brennan circled only ONE single window on the 5th floor, and put Norman and Jarman in that same single window .  And it was a window CLOSED at 12:30pm 11/22/63.  His A (sniper) and B (Norman, Jarman) circling is very specific--one window for the latter, TWO for the sniper.  Why did he allot two windows to the sniper?

Mr. BELIN. I am going to ask you to circle on Exhibit 477 the particular window that you said you saw a man leave and come back a couple of times.
Mr. BRENNAN. Well, I am confused here, the way this shows. But I believe this is the sixth floor, the way those windows are built there right at the present. I am confused whether this is the same window.
Mr. BELIN. You mean because some windows are open below it?
Mr. BRENNAN. No. The way the building is built, it seems like this is more or less a long window with a divider in the middle.
Mr. BELIN. Here is a marking pencil. Will you just mark the window that you believe you saw the man.
All right.
And do you want to put a letter "A", if you would, by that.
All right, now you have marked on Commission Exhibit 447 a circle with the letter "A" to show the window that you saw a man in, I believe you said, at least two times come back and forth.
Mr. BRENNAN. Yes

2 hours ago, Alan Ford said:

Mr. BELIN. I am going to ask you to circle on Exhibit 477 the particular window that you said you saw a man leave and come back a couple of times.
Mr. BRENNAN. Well, I am confused here, the way this shows. But I believe this is the sixth floor, the way those windows are built there right at the present. I am confused whether this is the same window.
Mr. BELIN. You mean because some windows are open below it?
Mr. BRENNAN. No. The way the building is built, it seems like this is more or less a long window with a divider in the middle.
Mr. BELIN. Here is a marking pencil. Will you just mark the window that you believe you saw the man.
All right.
And do you want to put a letter "A", if you would, by that.
All right, now you have marked on Commission Exhibit 447 a circle with the letter "A" to show the window that you saw a man in, I believe you said, at least two times come back and forth.
Mr. BRENNAN. Yes

And yet he circled only one single window on the 5th floor.  However, I just realized, that if Brennan saw the man leave the window a couple of times, he might have seen him in the 2nd window as he passed by it.  I believe that that's where the exit/entrance to the cubby hole (as Mooney put it) was.  Maybe that's what Mr. B meant.  Though it's curious,l still, that he put the two witnesses in the same single window, on the 5th, when the latter was closed at the time...

5 hours ago, Bill Fite said:

I thought that this topic might explain Mr Brennan's testimony:

Link: Starting on Page 3 - Paul Joliffe's post

Thank you.  I used one of Mark Stevens' posts therein as a jumping-off point for my own observations re Brennan.