The Education Forum

Who Was Alan Smith?

I am pretty sure that Alan Smith was one of the boys seen at the far right of the Altgens 6 photo. He said that he was standing in front of the building just below the window from which the shots were fired. There were a number of witnesses who described the FIRST shot as being a head shot, or at least that an important shot occurred just after the limo turned the corner onto Elm Street: Pierce Allman, Ruby Henderson, an early account by Karen Westbrook, Warren Taylor (his “streamer”), Jack Franzen, and I recently added to the list thanks to Denis Morrisette’s recently posted link to the Dallas Times Herald editor’s archives), Mrs. Charles Hester (see #449 at  https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1M579IE0NLpX3Ry-PxP03r6GNGZp9HoRz )

I have a lot of good info on this first shot, including Altgens 6 image of the two boys, one of whom I contend was Alan Smith, in an article I’m working on for my website at https://www.a-benign-conspiracy.com/what-happened.html . This is still a work in progress, so please forgive it’s unfinished state, but most of the first shot info is done, and the Alan Smith info (along with Mrs. Charles Hester, Ruby Henderson, etc.) is there in connection with “Shot One.”

Posted (edited)

Also, when Smith (not Tippit) is quoted as saying that he was “standing on Main Street,” it may be that 1) he didn’t really know the names of the streets, or 2) he actually said that he was standing on “the main” street as opposed to the access street that runs immediately in front of the TSBD and the reporter (probably Robert Young, a Chicago Tribune reporter who was embedded in the motorcade) misquoted Smith, or 3) a copy editor saw “the main” street in the original copy and decided that it must have been a mistake and changed it to “Main Street.” (I can’t even type Main Street without auto corrupt changing my lowercase typing into a capitalized proper noun despite my numerous attempts to type it the way I want. So I have to put “the main” in quotes to get the correct lowercase that I want.)

Edited by Denise Hazelwood
Information added.

On 5/10/2024 at 10:24 AM, Denise Hazelwood said:

I am pretty sure that Alan Smith was one of the boys seen at the far right of the Altgens 6 photo. He said that he was standing in front of the building just below the window from which the shots were fired... I have a lot of good info on this first shot, including Altgens 6 image of the two boys, one of whom I contend was Alan Smith, in an article I’m working on for my website at https://www.a-benign-conspiracy.com/what-happened.html . This is still a work in progress, so please forgive it’s unfinished state, but most of the first shot info is done, and the Alan Smith info (along with Mrs. Charles Hester, Ruby Henderson, etc.) is there in connection with “Shot One.”

Denise:

i don't know if this is of any assistance to you, but you might be interested in an article on "Alan Smith and Friends" in the "Dealey Plaza Echo" journal back in  late 2012 (see https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=146599#relPageId=39

I have some further unpublished information on this story if you are interested, although it may take me a while to find it in my files!

Chris Scally. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2024 at 9:18 AM, Chris Scally said:

Denise:

i don't know if this is of any assistance to you, but you might be interested in an article on "Alan Smith and Friends" in the "Dealey Plaza Echo" journal back in  late 2012 (see https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=146599#relPageId=39

I have some further unpublished information on this story if you are interested, although it may take me a while to find it in my files!

Chris Scally. 

I

Edited by Richard Bertolino

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Matt Cloud said:

See post related to Stephen Allen Tippit, here:

It is interesting that Jack Tippit's son, born in Texas, had essentially the same middle name as Charles Allan Tippit, born 1.5 years before, in Texas, of course. There's more suggestion that the two Tippit families weren't all that distant at one time.

Edited by Richard Bertolino

28 minutes ago, Richard Bertolino said:

It is interesting that Jack Tippit's son, born in Texas, had essentially the same middle name as Charles Allan Tippit, born 1.5 years before, in Texas, of course. There's more suggestion that the two Tippit families weren't all that distant at one time.

It only gets better the closer you look. 

Stephen Allen Tippet marries daughter of USAF Lt. Col. James Moore Kendrick, stationed in Izmir, Turkey, from 1961-63, where Jupiter missiles were based during Cuban Missile Crisis.  Kendrick had been with Von Braun in missile development and renaissance and possibly Aquatone (U-2). 

J.D. Tippit of Connecticut (after coming from Texas) worked for Air Force Secretary Harold Brown in 1965, at least, in Washington.  No mere "cartoonist."