The Education Forum

David Mamet JFK film status?

Does anybody know when the film David Mamet was going to direct is coming out?  I understand it will be based on Giancana family lore. Seemed promising with an A/B+ cast of actors. If Mamet dropped it who picked it up and might it be worth a darn?

I doubt he’ll drop entirely out as I believe he wrote it (he’s listed as co-writer, but from hearing him on a podcast I believe he was the principle creator).

IMDb lists the status as pre-production, so it isn’t filming. Barry Levinson is currently set to direct.

Wouldn’t be the worst thing if this film didn’t get made  I’m disappointed that someone as sharp and based as Mamet wants to push the Mafia-did-it red herring. Though according to David Talbot, such distractions are the only type of JFKa films the Hollywood arm of the CIA will allow to get made. 

23 hours ago, Aaron Sharpe said:

I doubt he’ll drop entirely out as I believe he wrote it (he’s listed as co-writer, but from hearing him on a podcast I believe he was the principle creator).

IMDb lists the status as pre-production, so it isn’t filming. Barry Levinson is currently set to direct.

Wouldn’t be the worst thing if this film didn’t get made  I’m disappointed that someone as sharp and based as Mamet wants to push the Mafia-did-it red herring. Though according to David Talbot, such distractions are the only type of JFKa films the Hollywood arm of the CIA will allow to get made. 

Thank you.