The Education Forum

Inspired by a discussion taking place on another thread unrelated to the acoustics, I just finished an article with some notes about the acoustics, including my echo pattern correlation, which is not in Part 9 of my documentary. I invite you to read my article at https://www.a-benign-conspiracy.com/some-brief-notes-on-the-acoustics.html

I invite you to comment on my thoughts below. 

Posted (edited)

David Mantik likes Denise's work and has used it often.

Although I disagree with important parts of this-- I would never praise DM for anything--it is an intelligent and in depth analysis of the HSCA's acoustics evidence. Which not enough people have done.

Edited by James DiEugenio

12 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

David Mantik likes Denise's work and has used it often.

Good to know.

Although I disagree with important parts of this-- I would never praise DM for anything--it is an intelligent and in depth analysis of the HSCA's acoustics evidence. Which not enough people have done.

Thanks for your kind words. I would like to know what parts you disagree with, so that I can either address them in my article or here in the forum.

P.s.—I have read a lot of your work and have found it to be very interesting.

Denise:

As I said, I would not praise Dale M's reconstruction on any grounds as it has been effectively attacked too many times, e.g. by Harris, Speer and Mantik.

Dale even asked to have Harris' critique removed from You Tube.

Posted (edited)

As I said, I would not praise Dale M's reconstruction on any grounds as it has been effectively attacked too many times, e.g. by Harris, Speer and Mantik.

I don’t praise the Myers, reconstruction, really, but I think Myers is correct that McLain wasn’t in position to be the “bike with the Mike.”  The whole validity of the Myers study depends on the accuracy of the mic placement diagram, which I don’t believe is accurate at all. There is ZERO supporting evidence for its accuracy, and ZERO way to verify its accuracy. The guy who created it (Barger) wasn’t even in Dealey Plaza during the acoustical testing and created it based on a list of “street features” that he had been given. That list is not available for anyone to review, and there are a bunch of problems with it. For example, two no. 10 mics in array 2 (and lack of no. 10 in array 3), and the failure of the arrays to extend the entire length of Elm Street, despite the supposed not knowing who had the “bike with the Mike.” So even if one accepts that the Moorman photo was concurrent with the “last” shot (I don’t), they theoretically didn’t know if the “bike with the Mike” might have belonged to a lead motorcycle! So the main problem with Myers’ work is his dependence upon the mic placement diagram. (I also think that if anyone takes a critical look at the HSCA images “proving” that McLain was the one with the open mic and reads McLain’s testimony, they would have realized that McLain wasn’t in the right position, even without Myers’ fancy animations).

So my candidate for the “bike with the Mike” is Douglas Jackson. Note Gary Mack saying in the Gallery record that the shots occurred shortly after someone says, “Alright, Jackson.” Later the story was that the words were “I’ll check it, or some such bs. Sure sounds like “Alright, Jackson” to me. And if one accepts that Jackson was also the “Knoll Rider,” as has been proposed by others, then the extraneous sounds (engine noises, etc.) make perfect sense.

I contend that there was a HUGE cover-up of the AR-15 accident, which included a fraudulent mic placement diagram and other stuff. Myers was correct that McLain wasn’t in position to be the one with the open mic, but the major flaw in his work is the acceptance of the mic placement diagram as accurate.

Edited by Denise Hazelwood
Typo fix

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2024 at 12:08 AM, Denise Hazelwood said:

Inspired by a discussion taking place on another thread unrelated to the acoustics, I just finished an article with some notes about the acoustics, including my echo pattern correlation, which is not in Part 9 of my documentary. I invite you to read my article at https://www.a-benign-conspiracy.com/some-brief-notes-on-the-acoustics.html

I invite you to comment on my thoughts below. 

Thie article is typical of the criticisms of the HSCA acoustical evidence: they miss the forest for the trees, focusing on minor issues and focusing on the limitations of the HSCA site test and ignoring the powerful correlations that support the acoustical evidence. Here is a summary of most of those correlations:

* At least four sets of gunshot impulse patterns with echo patterns unique to Dealey
Plaza occur on the dictabelt recording.

* Those echo patterns occur in the correct topographic order, which is an amazing
correlation all by itself.

* Remarkable locational correlations were found between the dictabelt gunshots and the
test-firing gunshots. The BBN scientists determined that the probability that chance
caused these correlations was “less than 1%.” Even the NRC panel admitted that their
own calculations showed there was a 93 percent probability that the correlations were
not the result of chance.

* The dictabelt contains N-waves from supersonic rifle fire, and those N-waves occur
only among the identified gunshot impulse patterns, and only in the two impulse
patterns that were recorded when the motorcycle’s microphone was in position to record
them.

* The dictabelt not only contains N-waves but it also contains muzzle blasts and muzzle-
blast echoes, and those N-waves, muzzle blasts, and muzzle-blast echoes occur in the correct order and interval.

* Windshield distortions occur in the dictabelt's gunshot impulse patterns when they
should and do not occur when they should not.

The HSCA Acoustical Evidence: Proof of a Second Gunman

6 hours ago, Michael Griffith said:

* At least four sets of gunshot impulse patterns with echo patterns unique to Dealey
Plaza occur on the dictabelt recording.

Five were found but one was rejected for “ad hoc” (Latin for “B.S.”) reasons. Leo Chalukian (spelling?) only heard four on the tape that the FBI brought him, but I suspect that the impulse with the “muzzle withdrawn” best correlation wasn’t as loud as the others.

6 hours ago, Michael Griffith said:

* Windshield distortions occur in the dictabelt's gunshot impulse patterns when they
should and do not occur when they should not.

I wonder if you would comment further on this statement. I suspect that this is true especially for the last 2 impulses. I also think that if you substitute Douglas Jackson as the “bike with the mic” and Hickey as the “GK shooter,” then the windshield distortions will line up nicely.

7 hours ago, Michael Griffith said:

Also, thank you for reminding me that I need to add your work to my acoustics article. I believe Chris Scally has also done some research into the dicta belt tapes in the Archives and concluded that they are not original. I'll have to search that up, as well.