The Education Forum

Mark Groubert: The Big Version: LBJ Perped the JFKA

Benjamin Cole

I was asked to provide this longer version of the LBD did it version of the JFKA.

Obviously, this is Part I, but you can find Part II when you watch this one. 

I am not really a fan of the LBJ Did It version, as I see the JFKA/RFK1A as the beginning of a string of intel-state deposings of US Presidents or aspirants. 

IMHO, after the JFKA/RFK1A, came Nixon, Carter and then Trump deposings. I find it less plausible that a certain smaller groups, with less resources than the US intel state, could have pulled off such string of events. 

In the middle was the strange snuff job done on the photographic negatives of Scott Enyart in 1996, which were snapped in the pantry during the RFK1A. That called for some intel-state work also.  

But certainly the LBJ Did It crowd is strong, and has adherents inside the EF-JFKA, and makes valid arguments. I am not one to censor views not my own, or denigrate those with different views. 

So, for all in the EF-JFKA, sit back on enjoy Mark Groubert. He is an excellent showman, and a real JFKA buff. 

41 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

I was asked to provide this longer version of the LBD did it version of the JFKA.

Obviously, this is Part I, but you can find Part II when you watch this one. 

I am not really a fan of the LBJ Did It version, as I see the JFKA/RFK1A as the beginning of a string of intel-state deposings of US Presidents or aspirants. 

IMHO, after the JFKA/RFK1A, came Nixon, Carter and then Trump deposings. I find it less plausible that a certain smaller groups, with less resources than the US intel state, could have pulled off such string of events. 

In the middle was the strange snuff job done on the photographic negatives of Scott Enyart in 1996, which were snapped in the pantry during the RFK1A. That called for some intel-state work also.  

But certainly the LBJ Did It crowd is strong, and has adherents inside the EF-JFKA, and makes valid arguments. I am not one to censor views not my own, or denigrate those with different views. 

So, for all in the EF-JFKA, sit back on enjoy Mark Groubert. He is an excellent showman, and a real JFKA buff. 

The key to the JFK assassination is not LBJ- Mac Wallace, but rather the close ties of Lyndon Johnson and his Texas powerbrokers D.H. Byrd, Ed Clark and perhaps George Brown (of Kellogg Brown and Root) to a select group of operatives in military intelligence (Gen. Edward Lansdale) and the CIA.

D.H. Byrd, Ed Clark and George Brown all made a LOT OF MONEY off of Lyndon Johnson both before and after the JFK assassination. That was their motive. LBJ's motive was the avoidance of immediate destruction at the hands of the Kennedys.

The reason for the JFK assassination was NOT that JFK was killed because of his move to peace or his unwillingness to prosecute the Vietnam War but rather the Kennedys were at WAR with Lyndon Johnson and doing everything in their power to utterly destroy him in real time in November, 1963. LBJ was acutely aware of the Kennedys "destroy LBJ" program and highly concerned, obsessed and agitated about it.

The actual field team shooters, roped in by Lansdale from Operation Mongoose, of JFK were very likely CIA connected anti-Castro operatives who hated JFK for his policy on Cuba (meaning no invasion or a possible reconciliation with Castro).

Lansdale's motive was he was in RAGE over the recent murder of his friend Diem in Vietnam and also his own personal demotion from having any policy say so in the Kennedy Administration. Also, Lansdale worked under Robert Kennedy in Operation Mongoose and RFK had a way of enraging his older subordinates.

LBJ and the Texans approached elements of the military and said, "Please put a bullet in JFK's head" and the answer was "Sure, we have wanted to do that for a long time."

There was NO MONETARY PAY OFF for the JFK assassination. They people who murdered JFK at both top and low levels would have killed Kennedy for free and taken a piss on his corpse if given the chance. The hatred levels, for different reasons, were that high.

On 6/29/2024 at 1:47 PM, Robert Morrow said:

The key to the JFK assassination is not LBJ- Mac Wallace, but rather the close ties of Lyndon Johnson and his Texas powerbrokers D.H. Byrd, Ed Clark and perhaps George Brown (of Kellogg Brown and Root) to a select group of operatives in military intelligence (Gen. Edward Lansdale) and the CIA.

D.H. Byrd, Ed Clark and George Brown all made a LOT OF MONEY off of Lyndon Johnson both before and after the JFK assassination. That was their motive. LBJ's motive was the avoidance of immediate destruction at the hands of the Kennedys.

The reason for the JFK assassination was NOT that JFK was killed because of his move to peace or his unwillingness to prosecute the Vietnam War but rather the Kennedys were at WAR with Lyndon Johnson and doing everything in their power to utterly destroy him in real time in November, 1963. LBJ was acutely aware of the Kennedys "destroy LBJ" program and highly concerned, obsessed and agitated about it.

The actual field team shooters, roped in by Lansdale from Operation Mongoose, of JFK were very likely CIA connected anti-Castro operatives who hated JFK for his policy on Cuba (meaning no invasion or a possible reconciliation with Castro).

Lansdale's motive was he was in RAGE over the recent murder of his friend Diem in Vietnam and also his own personal demotion from having any policy say so in the Kennedy Administration. Also, Lansdale worked under Robert Kennedy in Operation Mongoose and RFK had a way of enraging his older subordinates.

LBJ and the Texans approached elements of the military and said, "Please put a bullet in JFK's head" and the answer was "Sure, we have wanted to do that for a long time."

There was NO MONETARY PAY OFF for the JFK assassination. They people who murdered JFK at both top and low levels would have killed Kennedy for free and taken a piss on his corpse if given the chance. The hatred levels, for different reasons, were that high.

RM-

Thanks for your collegial commentary. 

If your version is true...surely, the Democrat President LBJ had motivations up the wazoo to perp the JFKA, and then the Democrat-controlled Congress had no motivation to demand to true investigation into the JFKA---imagine, the sitting Democrat President had offed his Democrat predecessor. This story, if told, would make gangland banana republic partisans look respectable! 

But...as I say, I have this nagging sense the RFK1A was a follow-on assassination, and the daring, daylight theft of the Scoot Enyart negatives, in 1996, well beyond the ken of the LBJ mafia, but also part of the JFKA/RFK1A story. Those are Rosetta Stone events, and signal (IMHO) the intel-state at work, or if some prefer, the Deep State.

Nevertheless, as I have been asked, I will post Part II of Mark Groubert's "LBJ Did It" series. Groubert is a very knowledgable and interesting conversationalist, even if I disagree with some of his views. 

I like to see other points of views and this is a forum. Censorship is the hobgoblin of small minds in pointy heads.  

1 hour ago, Benjamin Cole said:

RM-

Thanks for your collegial commentary. 

If your version is true...surely, the Democrat President LBJ had motivations up the wazoo to perp the JFKA, and then the Democrat-controlled Congress had no motivation to demand to true investigation into the JFKA---imagine, the sitting Democrat President had offed his Democrat predecessor. This story, if told, would make gangland banana republic partisans look respectable! 

But...as I say, I have this nagging sense the RFK1A was a follow-on assassination, and the daring, daylight theft of the Scoot Enyart negatives, in 1996, well beyond the ken of the LBJ mafia, but also part of the JFKA/RFK1A story. Those are Rosetta Stone events, and signal (IMHO) the intel-state at work, or if some prefer, the Deep State.

Nevertheless, as I have been asked, I will post Part II of Mark Groubert's "LBJ Did It" series. Groubert is a very knowledgable and interesting conversationalist, even if I disagree with some of his views. 

I like to see other points of views and this is a forum. Censorship is the hobgoblin of small minds in pointy heads.  

Well it is just my "opinion." Btw, I have been put on moderation TWICE this year by a certain moderator whenever I mention, with complete factual documentation (books, page, author or weblink) JFK's extremely well documented sexual promiscuity. I have found over the years that people who have an infantile worship of the Kennedys NEVER understand what happened in the JFK assassination (they are too busy worshipping their God heroes, not recognizing that men have feet of clay). The reason JFK's unhinged sexual promiscuity is so important is that is exactly how Lyndon Johnson and Sam Rayburn were able to BLACKMAIL and FORCE JFK to put LBJ on the Democratic ticket as Vice President. At that very moment, LBJ was ready to murder JFK if he were just given the chance.

If Lyndon Johnson had not IMMEDIATELY come out strong for CIVIL RIGHTS, which he did in a national speech the Wednesday after the JFK assassination, he never would have been the 1964 nominee ... Robert Kennedy would have been. But with LBJ carrying the water for the liberals of the Democratic party on their most important issue in 1963 - civil rights for blacks - liberal Democrats, who immediately suspected LBJ in the JFK assassination, looked the other way and gave LBJ a pass for the JFK assassination. Whitney Young and other black civil rights activists immediately knew LBJ had killed, or probably killed, JFK because they were acutely aware of the hatred and intense conflict between the Kennedys and LBJ.

"Civil rights" became LBJ's ticket out of the JFK assassination.

Btw, LBJ's pals D.H. Byrd and James Ling sure made a mint of money after LBJ became president, didn't they? James Ling loved LBJ so much he kept a bust of Johnson in his office. D.H. Byrd kept the TSBD 6th floor "sniper's window" as a trophy in his 16,000 sq. foot Dallas home, along with trophy heads of other big game that he had killed.

George Brown, LBJ's biggest sugar daddy, made a ton of money off of the Vietnam War through Kellogg Brown and Root. "Winking Congressman" Albert Thomas on Air Force One was a COLLEGE ROOMMATE OF GEORGE BROWN AT RICE UNIVERSITY just after WWI. The "Albert Thomas dinner of 11/21/63) in Houston was the LURE to get JFK to Texas so that the brain splattering could take place in Dallas where LBJ and his money men completely controlled the political situation. Jackie Kennedy told William Manchester that JFK had been LURED to Texas, "lured" was the word Jackie chose and she in real time suspected LBJ in the JFK assassination: "Lyndon Johnson did it" were the exact words she told Pamela Turnure, her press secretary who was also a pretty young mistress of JFK. In fact, it was probably the JFK-Pamela Turnure affair that LBJ and Sam Rayburn used on JFK at the 1960 Democratic convention to bully Kennedy into putting Johnson on the Demo ticket. 

Gen. Edward Lansdale's career was immediately resurrected, wasn't it? LBJ sent Lansdale to Vietnam in 1965, which was a place Lansdale, in his mind, thought he had a proprietary interest in running (see John Newman for that). LBJs Lawyer and top Texas power broker Ed Clark sure made a ton of money off of large retainer fees with LBJ in the White House (just ask my friend Barr McClellan who was there when this was happening.) 

That was no mistake:

LBJ insiders Dallas investors D.H. Byrd and James Ling bought 132,000 shares of LTV stock at $16/share in November, 1963. By 1967 the military contractor was trading at a whopping $169/share https://robertmorrowpoliticalresearchblog.blogspot.com/2024/03/lyndon-johnsons-dallas-tx-insider-pals.html

D.H. Byrd and his wife already owned 35,000 shares of LTV, so add that to the gold mine that LBJ's insider pal D.H. Byrd made off of the JFK assassination.

LBJ insiders Dallas investors D.H. Byrd and James Ling bought 132,000 shares of LTV stock at $16/share in November, 1963. By 1967 the military contractor was trading at a whopping $169/share https://robertmorrowpoliticalresearchblog.blogspot.com/2024/03/lyndon-johnsons-dallas-tx-insider-pals.html

The Precise Time and Location that the Planning of the JFK Assassination began – July 13, 1960, Los Angeles https://robertmorrowpoliticalresearchblog.blogspot.com/2024/05/the-precise-time-and-location-that.html

Wednesday night July 13 – a shirtless Lyndon Johnson with his pants’ fly open in the Biltmore hotel hallway, having lost the Democratic presidential nomination, was drunk as a skunk and cursing the Kennedys

Advance word of Kennedy’s upcoming invitation did not sweeten Lyndon Johnson’s temperament as the convention proceeded. And late Wednesday night, whether angry at Bobby and his family over slurs traded between camps or suspicious that RFK opposed Jack’s decision, or perhaps simply chagrined at his own second-place finish in the just-completed presidential balloting – he’d gotten only half as many delegates at the victorious upstart from Massachusetts – LBJ was in a foul mood. “As I went up to the seventh floor of the Biltmore where Johnson was staying,” reported Gene Scherrer, then head of VIP security for the Los Angeles Police Department. “Johnson was in the hallway, ranting and raving about the Kennedys, saying things like, ‘Those motherxxxxers’ and ‘I’d like to piss on Bobby.’ He didn’t have his shirt on and his fly was open. He was very drunk and very obscene. Of course, the next day, he was named John Kennedy’s vice presidential candidate.”

UNQUOTE

[C. David Heymann, RFK, pp. 167-168]

LA cop Gene Scherrer also worked the 1985  “Ninja murder case:” https://www.crimelibrary.org/notorious_murders/family/mbb207_faye_kellerman_woodman_murders/7.html

Dallas Times Herald reporter Margaret Mayer never saw a “more unhappy man” than Lyndon Johnson on the night that he was elected Vice President (11-8-60) with president-elect JFK. Lady Bird, however, was delighted that she was going to be Second Lady. Margaret Mayer was also a former aide to LBJ

Source: Margaret Mayer who was a longtime reporter for the Dallas Times-Herald. Previously Mayer had worked as an aide to LBJ so she knew him well.

Lady Bird was happy; she was going to enjoy being Second Lady, she thought, and she did. Besides, she was always glad when a campaign was over, victorious or not. Lyndon? Did he hoot and holler? Did he even smile except for the photographers? He did not. He was demonstrably morose.

Margaret Mayer: “The night he was elected vice-president – very late, when it was quite apparent that he and Kennedy had been elected – I don’t think I saw a more unhappy man. He had been at the Driskill Hotel with the Homer Thornberrys, the Connallys, Jesse Kellam, and sometime after midnight, maybe one in the morning, they all came downstairs and went across the street to an all-night café on Seventh Street.

“There was no jubilation. Lyndon looked like he had lost his last friend on earth, and later he was rude to me, very rude, and I tried to remind myself he was unhappy, but he did the same thing the next day in the TV station. He was rude to just about everybody. Now I’ve known Lyndon a great many years, and I’ve never known him to act like that.

“It was clear to me and a lot of other people that even then he didn’t want to be vice-president.”

UNQUOTE

[Merle Miller, Lyndon: An Oral Biography, p. 273]

Picture of Dallas Times-Herald reporter Margaret Mayer here:

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/commentary/2013/10/25/jim-lehrer-news-changed-forever-on-nov-22-1963/

Margaret Mayer - https://discoverlbj.org/item/mayerm 

The First time Margaret Mayer met LBJ in 1946 when he was laying on a couch wearing only boxer shorts and he was “unfazed by my walking in”

[Margaret Mayer Ward oral history, interviewed by Michael Gillette for the LBJ Library, March 10, 1977]

http://www.lbjf.org/txt/oh/oh-lbj/27500879-oh-wardm-19770310-1-80-6.pdf

Margaret Mayer Ward, 1977 on her first meeting with LBJ: “I mean the man’s lying there unclothed [in boxer shorts] when I first met him. (Laughter) There was certainly no discomfort on his part.”

Edited by Robert Morrow

38 minutes ago, Robert Morrow said:

Well it is just my "opinion." Btw, I have been put on moderation TWICE this year by a certain moderator whenever I mention, with complete factual documentation (books, page, author or weblink) JFK's extremely well documented sexual promiscuity. I have found over the years that people who have an infantile worship of the Kennedys NEVER understand what happened in the JFK assassination (they are too busy worshipping their God heroes, not recognizing that men have feet of clay). The reason JFK's unhinged sexual promiscuity is so important is that is exactly how Lyndon Johnson and Sam Rayburn were able to BLACKMAIL and FORCE JFK to put LBJ on the Democratic ticket as Vice President. At that very moment, LBJ was ready to murder JFK if he were just given the chance.

If Lyndon Johnson had not IMMEDIATELY come out strong for CIVIL RIGHTS, which he did in a national speech the Wednesday after the JFK assassination, he never would have been the 1964 nominee ... Robert Kennedy would have been. But with LBJ carrying the water for the liberals of the Democratic party on their most important issue in 1963 - civil rights for blacks - liberal Democrats, who immediately suspected LBJ in the JFK assassination, looked the other way and gave LBJ a pass for the JFK assassination. Whitney Young and other black civil rights activists immediately knew LBJ had killed, or probably killed, JFK because they were acutely aware of the hatred and intense conflict between the Kennedys and LBJ.

"Civil rights" became LBJ's ticket out of the JFK assassination.

Btw, LBJ's pals D.H. Byrd and James Ling sure made a mint of money after LBJ became president, didn't they? James Ling loved LBJ so much he kept a bust of Johnson in his office. D.H. Byrd kept the TSBD 6th floor "sniper's window" as a trophy in his 16,000 sq. foot Dallas home, along with trophy heads of other big game that he had killed.

George Brown, LBJ's biggest sugar daddy, made a ton of money off of the Vietnam War through Kellogg Brown and Root. "Winking Congressman" Albert Thomas on Air Force One was a COLLEGE ROOMMATE OF GEORGE BROWN AT RICE UNIVERSITY just after WWI. The "Albert Thomas dinner of 11/21/63) in Houston was the LURE to get JFK to Texas so that the brain splattering could take place in Dallas where LBJ and his money men completely controlled the political situation. Jackie Kennedy told William Manchester that JFK had been LURED to Texas, "lured" was the word Jackie chose and she in real time suspected LBJ in the JFK assassination: "Lyndon Johnson did it" were the exact words she told Pamela Turnure, her press secretary who was also a pretty young mistress of JFK. In fact, it was probably the JFK-Pamela Turnure affair that LBJ and Sam Rayburn used on JFK at the 1960 Democratic convention to bully Kennedy into putting Johnson on the Demo ticket. 

Gen. Edward Lansdale's career was immediately resurrected, wasn't it? LBJ sent Lansdale to Vietnam in 1965, which was a place Lansdale, in his mind, thought he had a proprietary interest in running (see John Newman for that). LBJs Lawyer and top Texas power broker Ed Clark sure made a ton of money off of large retainer fees with LBJ in the White House (just ask my friend Barr McClellan who was there when this was happening.) 

That was no mistake:

D.H. Byrd and his wife already owned 35,000 shares of LTV, so add that to the gold mine that LBJ's insider pal D.H. Byrd made off of the JFK assassination.

The Precise Time and Location that the Planning of the JFK Assassination began – July 13, 1960, Los Angeles https://robertmorrowpoliticalresearchblog.blogspot.com/2024/05/the-precise-time-and-location-that.html

Wednesday night July 13 – a shirtless Lyndon Johnson with his pants’ fly open in the Biltmore hotel hallway, having lost the Democratic presidential nomination, was drunk as a skunk and cursing the Kennedys

Advance word of Kennedy’s upcoming invitation did not sweeten Lyndon Johnson’s temperament as the convention proceeded. And late Wednesday night, whether angry at Bobby and his family over slurs traded between camps or suspicious that RFK opposed Jack’s decision, or perhaps simply chagrined at his own second-place finish in the just-completed presidential balloting – he’d gotten only half as many delegates at the victorious upstart from Massachusetts – LBJ was in a foul mood. “As I went up to the seventh floor of the Biltmore where Johnson was staying,” reported Gene Scherrer, then head of VIP security for the Los Angeles Police Department. “Johnson was in the hallway, ranting and raving about the Kennedys, saying things like, ‘Those motherxxxxers’ and ‘I’d like to piss on Bobby.’ He didn’t have his shirt on and his fly was open. He was very drunk and very obscene. Of course, the next day, he was named John Kennedy’s vice presidential candidate.”

UNQUOTE

[C. David Heymann, RFK, pp. 167-168]

LA cop Gene Scherrer also worked the 1985  “Ninja murder case:” https://www.crimelibrary.org/notorious_murders/family/mbb207_faye_kellerman_woodman_murders/7.html

Dallas Times Herald reporter Margaret Mayer never saw a “more unhappy man” than Lyndon Johnson on the night that he was elected Vice President (11-8-60) with president-elect JFK. Lady Bird, however, was delighted that she was going to be Second Lady. Margaret Mayer was also a former aide to LBJ

Source: Margaret Mayer who was a longtime reporter for the Dallas Times-Herald. Previously Mayer had worked as an aide to LBJ so she knew him well.

Lady Bird was happy; she was going to enjoy being Second Lady, she thought, and she did. Besides, she was always glad when a campaign was over, victorious or not. Lyndon? Did he hoot and holler? Did he even smile except for the photographers? He did not. He was demonstrably morose.

Margaret Mayer: “The night he was elected vice-president – very late, when it was quite apparent that he and Kennedy had been elected – I don’t think I saw a more unhappy man. He had been at the Driskill Hotel with the Homer Thornberrys, the Connallys, Jesse Kellam, and sometime after midnight, maybe one in the morning, they all came downstairs and went across the street to an all-night café on Seventh Street.

“There was no jubilation. Lyndon looked like he had lost his last friend on earth, and later he was rude to me, very rude, and I tried to remind myself he was unhappy, but he did the same thing the next day in the TV station. He was rude to just about everybody. Now I’ve known Lyndon a great many years, and I’ve never known him to act like that.

“It was clear to me and a lot of other people that even then he didn’t want to be vice-president.”

UNQUOTE

[Merle Miller, Lyndon: An Oral Biography, p. 273]

Picture of Dallas Times-Herald reporter Margaret Mayer here:

https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/commentary/2013/10/25/jim-lehrer-news-changed-forever-on-nov-22-1963/

Margaret Mayer - https://discoverlbj.org/item/mayerm 

The First time Margaret Mayer met LBJ in 1946 when he was laying on a couch wearing only boxer shorts and he was “unfazed by my walking in”

[Margaret Mayer Ward oral history, interviewed by Michael Gillette for the LBJ Library, March 10, 1977]

http://www.lbjf.org/txt/oh/oh-lbj/27500879-oh-wardm-19770310-1-80-6.pdf

Margaret Mayer Ward, 1977 on her first meeting with LBJ: “I mean the man’s lying there unclothed [in boxer shorts] when I first met him. (Laughter) There was certainly no discomfort on his part.”

RM-

Thanks for your opinion. We are on different pages on this one, but that is fine.

That is what the EF-JFKA forum is for. I will post Groubert's  "LBJ Did It" Part II on the next day or so. 

Ben Cole - it is perfectly fine with me if we disagree with any aspects of the JFK or politics. I respect your right to have a DIFFERING point of view from me on any OR everything except whether NY style gourmet pizza is a great dish (it is).

Now for FIVE ITEMS OF INTEREST ON LYNDON JOHNSON:

You are welcome to share, or not share, the following information with anyone:

1) Cong. Albert Thomas, the "winking congressman," was a COLLEGE ROOMMATE AT RICE UNIVERSITY with George Brown, who along with Herman Brown, was LBJ's top sugar daddy for decades. George Brown, while an executive at Halliburton, Kellogg Brown and Root, made a ton of money off of the Vietnam. KBR got some of the most lucrative contracts of the Vietnam War.

2) One of LBJ's first comments after the JFK assassination was saying, "Oh, I gotta get rid of my goddamn Halliburton stock."  - that is in Russ Baker's book Family of Secrets (p. 132).

2) Dallas District Attorney Henry Wade, roomed with John Connally during WWII while they were in the military, and also had previously worked for both Lyndon Johnson and J. Edgar Hoover. LBJ's aide Cliff Carter called Henry Wade 3 or 4 times the weekend of the JFK assassination and told him to NOT allege any conspiracy in the JFK assassination.

3) W.S. Bellows, an executive at Brown & Root sold LBJ his home at 1901 Dillman ... and the lien on LBJ's house was lifted within 8 days with no payment of the mortgage loan from LBJhttps://robertmorrowpoliticalresearchblog.blogspot.com/2023/06/1943-brown-and-root-gives-lyndon.html

4) D.H. Byrd and James Ling, in November, 1963 both made large and timely insider share buys into LTV stock which was trading at about $16/share then. LTV stock traded as high as $169/share in 1967 after feasting on the Vietnam War (NYT is source of stock price). https://robertmorrowpoliticalresearchblog.blogspot.com/2024/03/lyndon-johnsons-dallas-tx-insider-pals.html

D.H. Byrd and Ling bought 132,000 shares of LTV stock in November of 1963 -confirmed. D.H. Byrd and his wife already had 35,000 shares of LTV before the timely November stock buys.

Fact: D.H. Byrd owned the Texas School Book Depository on 11/22/1963 and he took out the "sniper's window" and displayed it as a trophy at his 16,000 sq. foot home that T. Boone Pickens later bought.

James Ling kept a bust of LBJ in his office. Source:CONGLAMERATEUR EXTRAORDINAIRE: JAMES J. LING; WITH LTV A MEMORY, HE'S TAKING HIS ACT TO THE OIL PATCH (Published 1981)

[“Conglamerateur Extraordinaire: James J. Ling: With LTV a Memory, He’s taking his Act to the Oil Patch,” Leslie Wayne, NYT, July 12, 1981]

5) Sidenote: The Greatest Biographer in the History of the World, the pompous pontificator Robert Caro mentions NONE of the above in any of his four books on Lyndon Johnson.

Cong. Albert Thomas – described as a protégé of Lyndon Johnson by Houston Culture web page

https://houston.culturemap.com/eventdetail/heritage-society-see-interesting-places-ballroom/

Albert Thomas was Houston's Democratic congressman for 29 years, an LBJ protégé, instrumental in bringing NASA's Manned Spacecraft Center to the Bayou City. A year after his death, in 1967, the city opened the Albert Thomas Convention and Exhibit Center, in the structure Bayou Place now occupies. It cost $12 million and, in true Houston fashion, closed a mere two decades later upon construction of the George R. Brown Convention Center.

Thanks to preservation efforts when the convention center was reborn as Bayou Place in 1997, you can still see a replica of the room in which Thomas wielded his power, complete with photos of the congressman chumming it up with President Kennedy. A U.S. Congressional seal hangs on the back wall, while an old red book rests in the middle of his wooden desk; appropriately, it's titled Science in Space.

There will be a short program discussing Congressman Thomas' illustrious career and his important contributions to Houston. There will also be an opportunity to view his office.

The event will be limited to 150 guests (15 percent capacity) to provide for safe health protocols. Guests are asked to wear a mask and practice safe physical distancing. Advance reservations are required. Proceeds support the general operations of The Heritage Society.

UNQUOTE

Cecil Stoughton on the infamous LBJ-Albert Thomas wink photo on Air Force One that was taken after LBJ was sworn in

Stoughton told author Richard Trask that the photo could have been “innocent or sinister. I lean toward the latter.”

[Richard Trask, That Day in Dallas, p. 47]

Cong. Albert Thomas, just after WWI, was a college roommate with George R. Brown who later became with his brother Herman Brown, Lyndon Johnson’s #1 sugar daddy

A worthy endeavor: How Albert Thomas won Houston NASA's flagship center (houstonchronicle.com)  - Sept 15, 2013, Houston Chronicle

The story begins almost 100 years ago in the dorms of Rice University. Shortly after World War I, Thomas roomed with, and befriended George R. Brown

UNQUOTE

Albert Thomas Find-a-Grave Albert Thomas (1898-1966) - Find a Grave Memorial

U.S. Congressman. During World War I, he served as a 2nd Lieutenant in the U.S. Army. After the war, he graduated from Rice Institute, in 1920, the law department of the University of Texas, in 1926, was admitted to the bar in 1927 and began a law practice in Nacogdoches, Texas. He was attorney of Nacogdoches County, (1927-30), assistant U.S. District Attorney for the southern district of Texas, (1930-36). In 1937, he was elected as a Democrat to the Seventy-fifth and to the fourteen succeeding Congresses, serving until his death. At the time of his death, he was ranked eleventh in seniority in the U.S. House of Representatives. Also, his wife Lera Thomas was elected to complete his term and was the first woman to represent Texas in the U.S. House of Representatives.

UNQUOTE

George R. Brown attended Rice University

Henry Wade 

"Washington's word to me was that it would hurt foreign relations if I alleged conspiracy-whether I could prove it or not. I was just to charge Oswald with plain murder and go for the death penalty. Johnson had Cliff Carter call me three or four times that weekend." -Henry Wade, Dallas District Attorney

Lyndon Johnson called his tax lawyer Waddy Bullion to sell his “goddamn Halliburton stock” on the day of JFK’s assassination

LBJ makes call from Parkland Hospital; JFK’s corpse was still warm at this point and the phone call had to have occurred before 1:26PM when LBJ left for Air Force One

[Russ Baker, Family of Secrets, p. 132]

Pat Holloway, former attorney to both Poppy Bush and Jack Crichton, recounted to me an incident involving LBJ that had greatly disturbed him. This was around 1PM on November 22, 1963, just as Kennedy was being pronounced dead. Holloway was heading home from the office and was passing through the reception area. The switchboard operator excitedly noted that she was patching the vice president through from Parkland Hospital to Holloway’s boss, firm senior partner Waddy Bullion, who was LBJ’s personal tax lawyer. The operator invited Holloway to listen in. LBJ was talking “not about a conspiracy or a tragedy,” Holloway recalled. “I heard him say: ‘Oh I gotta get rid of my goddamn Halliburton stock.’ Lyndon Johnson was talking about the consequences of his political problems with his Halliburton stock at a time when the president had been officially declared dead. And that pissed me off… It really made me furious.”

There are many other examples of LBJ’s apparent unconcern after the assassination, though none so immediate. For instance, on the evening of November 25, LBJ and Martin Luther King talked, and LBJ said, “It’s just an impossible period – we’ve got a budget coming up.” That morning he told Joseph Alsop that “the President must not inject himself into, uh, local killings,” to which Alsop immediately replied, “I agree with that, but in this case it does happen to be the killing of the President.” Also, on the same day LBJ told Hoover, “We can’t be checking up on every shooting scrape in the country.”

UNQUOTE

[Russ Baker, Family of Secrets, p. 132]

Brown and Root, as a subsidiary of Halliburton, was awarded a bevy of lucrative contracts for the Vietnam War by Lyndon Johnson

https://www.npr.org/2003/12/24/1569483/halliburton-deals-recall-vietnam-era-controversy

[“Halliburton Deals Recall Vietnam-Era Controversy,” John Burnett, All Things Considered, 12-24-2003]

After Johnson took over the Oval Office, Brown & Root won contracts for huge construction projects for the federal government. By the mid-1960s, newspaper columnists and the Republican minority in Congress began to suggest that the company's good luck was tied to its sizable contributions to Johnson's political campaign.

More questions were raised when a consortium of which Brown & Root was a part won a $380 million contract to build airports, bases, hospitals and other facilities for the U.S. Navy in South Vietnam. By 1967, the General Accounting Office had faulted the "Vietnam builders" -- as they were known -- for massive accounting lapses and allowing thefts of materials.

Brown & Root also became a target for anti-war protesters: they called the firm the embodiment of the "military-industrial complex" and denounced it for building detention cells to hold Viet Cong prisoners in South Vietnam.

UNQUOTE

Henry Wade used to work for both Lyndon Johnson and the FBI’s J. Edgar Hoover. And he was John Connally’s roommate in the Navy

He studied law at the University of Texas, joined the Navy, became an FBI agent, worked for Lyndon Johnson, and then in 1950 was elected Dallas County prosecutor, a job he held down without challenge for 36 years.

UNQUOTE

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/retropolis/wp/2018/08/21/roe-v-wades-forgotten-loser-the-story-of-dallas-prosecutor-henry-wade/

[“Roe v. Wade’s forgotten loser: The remarkable story of Dallas prosecutor Henry Wade,” Michael Rosenweld, Washington Post, 9-5-2018]

Henry Wade was a Navy roommate of John Connally during WWII and they were good friends. Connally, of course, was a longtime LBJ inner circle aide and supporter

https://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh5/pdf/WH5_Wade.pdf

Henry Wade, Warren Commission testimony of June 8, 1964

John Connally, you know, was shot also – and he was, he used to be a roommate of mine in the Navy and we were good friends, and are now – and the first thing I did then was went out to the hospital to see how he was getting along.

UNQUOTE

Roe v. Wade’s forgotten loser: The remarkable story of Dallas prosecutor Henry Wade

He studied law at the University of Texas, joined the Navy, became an FBI agent, worked for Lyndon Johnson, and then in 1950 was elected Dallas County prosecutor, a job he held down without challenge for 36 years.

UNQUOTE

Roe v. Wade’s forgotten loser: The remarkable story of Dallas prosecutor Henry Wade