The Education Forum

Shooting From Behind The Fence With A Revolver?

8 hours ago, Donald Willis said:

I think that the "second" Oswald may simply have been Benavides, along with Scoggins, the first and only two to witness the shooting.  The former went off towards the temple area; the latter, towards the alley and Jefferson, both looking for the one Oswald.

Maybe misunderstanding this but I can't see how Kinsley's pedestrian observed crossing Jefferson could have been Benavides at the ALT. Scoggins (presumably with Tippit's service revolver) is hardly an improvement. He looked nothing like Oswald and does not have much time to roam. He has to get the gun back to 10th Street before Cimino arrives.

Orchestrating the movements around the immediate murder site is the crunch issue that causes chronic pain.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/9/2024 at 3:18 AM, Michael Kalin said:

Maybe misunderstanding this but I can't see how Kinsley's pedestrian observed crossing Jefferson could have been Benavides at the ALT. Scoggins (presumably with Tippit's service revolver) is hardly an improvement. He looked nothing like Oswald and does not have much time to roam. He has to get the gun back to 10th Street before Cimino arrives.

Orchestrating the movements around the immediate murder site is the crunch issue that causes chronic pain.

Glad to add to the confusion😉.  Actually, neither Scoggins nor Benavides would have been The One Oswald spotted as far west as the 300 block of Jefferson (in Officer Walker's transmission at 1:22).  Scoggins might have been the one spotted by some of the 7 or so witnesses (as per Poe) running down the alley, though.

1 minute ago, Donald Willis said:

Glad to add to the confusion😉.  Actually, neither Scoggins nor Benavides would have been The One Oswald spotted as far west as the 300 block of Jefferson (in Officer Walker's transmission at 1:22).  Scoggins might have been the one spotted by some of the 7 or so witnesses (as per Poe) running down the alley, though.

Sorry, I should have said the suspect, not The One Oswald.  The One and Only Oswald would have been almost to the theatre by that time...

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2024 at 5:44 PM, Donald Willis said:

Sorry, I should have said the suspect, not The One Oswald.  The One and Only Oswald would have been almost to the theatre by that time...

But if the One and Only Oswald was picked up by the Ford at the ALT he "would have been almost to the theatre by that time... ."

Sorry for the delayed response, contemplating a new thread to discuss these core issues. They deserve more prominence than a coda to a peevish hose job emanating from a foetid billabong.

May not get to it, though, busy times here, hoping things ease up late summer/early fall.

Edited by Michael Kalin