The Education Forum

Debunking the Left's Hysteria About the Supreme Court's Presidential Immunity Decision

True to form, we have the usual far-left folks in this forum claiming that the "MAGA" Supreme Court's recent decision on presidential immunity makes the president a "dictator" and puts democracy in "chains." I wonder how many of these folks have actually bothered to read the decision itself (LINK).

If they would bother to read the decision, they would discover that their claims about it are a mix of exaggeration and outright fabrication. I would especially recommend Justice Barrett's concurring-in-part opinion. I would also recommend reading the oral arguments that were made to the court (LINK).

Here are some good analyses of the decision that provide balance against the hysterical claims about it that we're seeing in this forum:

An Overview of the Supreme Court's Presidential Immunity Decision - American Cornerstone Institute

Supreme Court strikes proper balance on presidential immunity - Washington Examiner

Heritage Legal Experts: SCOTUS Rightfully Protects Presidents from Politicized Prosecutions | The Heritage Foundation

SCOTUS Agrees Presidents Have Immunity From Criminal Prosecutions (thefederalist.com)

21 hours ago, Michael Griffith said:

True to form, we have the usual far-left folks in this forum claiming that the "MAGA" Supreme Court's recent decision on presidential immunity makes the president a "dictator" and puts democracy in "chains." I wonder how many of these folks have actually bothered to read the decision itself (LINK).

Supreme Court Trashed by Republican Judge: 'Abominable'

https://www.newsweek.com/supreme-court-immunity-donald-trump-judge-j-michael-luttig-1922099

Luttig said: "The Supreme Court's decision in Donald Trump v. the United States represents the un-souling of America. America's democracy and the rule of the law are the heart and soul of America—it is our democracy and the rule of law that has made America the envy of the world and the beacon of freedom to the world for almost 250 years.

"The Supreme Court cut the heart and soul out of America with this abominable decision, of constitutional interpretation or, should I say, so-called constitutional interpretation."

If they would bother to read the decision, they would discover that their claims about it are a mix of exaggeration and outright fabrication. I would especially recommend Justice Barrett's concurring-in-part opinion. I would also recommend reading the oral arguments that were made to the court (LINK).

Here are some good analyses of the decision that provide balance against the hysterical claims about it that we're seeing in this forum:

An Overview of the Supreme Court's Presidential Immunity Decision - American Cornerstone Institute

This is Ben Carson's project.  Carson was on a short list of Trump VPs.  He's a doctor, not a legal scholar.

Washington Examiner – Bias and Credibility

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/washington-examiner/

The heritage Foundation authored the notorious "Project 2025" blueprint for dictatorship, a text so noxious Trump is furiously trying to disown it.

Published by Ben Domenech.

Washington Post's left-baiting blogger is fired for plagiarism

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2006/mar/27/news.usnews