The Education Forum

Trump Immediately Hit the Deck -- Why Didn't JFK?

On 8/14/2024 at 10:38 PM, Nick Bartetzko said:

In response to CV comments...

Agreed. The head was turned to the right for a likely entry would around Z186-190 and then struck again at Z224. Possibly the shock of being hit twice within 2 seconds caused him to freeze in position. 

I think JFK was certainly struck in the throat from the front circa Z190, but SSA Glen Bennett's abundantly corroborated contemporaneous written report puts the back shot immediately before the head shot(s).

7 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

I think JFK was certainly struck in the throat from the front circa Z190, but SSA Glen Bennett's abundantly corroborated contemporaneous written report puts the back shot immediately before the head shot(s).

Where did the throat shot originate?

14 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

His back brace didn't prevent him from slumping down to his left.

z376.jpg

True, but it does make it harder to bend at the waist, hence him falling to the left like a tree.

18 minutes ago, Jim Rose said:

True, but it does make it harder to bend at the waist, hence him falling to the left like a tree.

Why didn't he fall to the left immediately upon getting shot in the throat?

He acted paralyzed -- which I contend was probably due to him being paralyzed.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Kevin Balch said:

Where did the throat shot originate?

Black Dog Man, I speculate. 

Rosemary Willis described BDM as a "conspicuous" person who happened to "disappear the next instant."  At Z214 Willis did a fast head snap toward the BDM position behind the short concrete wall in front of the picket fence. 

The HSCA analyzed the two photos in which BDM appeared --Betzner 3 and Willis 5.  They detected "a very distinct straight line feature...in the region of his hands."

Edited by Cliff Varnell