The Education Forum

Evaluation of Toulouse Meeting

John Simkin

My experience of the meeting was an extremely positive one - it was great to know there are so many like-minded people around! :D

One suggestion I would make - and I don't know exactly how to phrase this without stifling creativity - would be that perhaps associates should have a bit more guidance as to what to present? That is, perhaps associates could send an (extremely brief) overview to Richard or one of the members, and they could give some direction? I banged on about Content Management Systems when a lot of you not only knew what they were, but had discussed some as well as more technical aspects of the E-HELP website...

A tiny criticism, however, of what I consider to have been an extremely successful and enjoyable few days. :D

:rolleyes: Doug

I would support what Doug has said, I really had very little idea of my 'audience' and therefore pitched my paper at a far too basic level. I felt that the first part of my paper was not really that helpful, but was happier with the second part that was based on my experiences. Maybe we could ask associates to focus on case studies of 'good practice'?

I would support what Doug has said, I really had very little idea of my 'audience' and therefore pitched my paper at a far too basic level. 

Not at all. Your presentation was amongst the more interesting and informative ones, and certainly one of the better prepared ones :D

If anything you "over rate" your audience :rolleyes:

I for instance have very little experience of webquests and was impressed by how you had put yours together.

Doug's point is a good one - we do need to communicate with our associates more clearly as to what they are being asked to present and why.

Having said that the presentations of both Doug and Dan were very helpful and I hope they both have a lasting role in the project

4. Andy, shouldn't we put together all the threads of EHELP together in a same section of the forum? Sometimes it is a bit difficult to find all the subsections of the project. I have no idea if it is technically complicated or time-consuming. If it is the case, forget it.

It is a bit of a mess isn't it?

It wouldn't be a problem at all to reorder it all. But I think as existing links have been sent out to various places for dissemination purposes it would be a mistake.

I could of course leave links in existing threads to the new location but I wouldn't like to risk upsetting Napoleon :plane

You are right, Andy. I forgot the links. :plane

I could of course leave links in existing threads to the new location but I wouldn't like to risk upsetting Napoleon :)

Maybe "Boxer" would be a better name.

I am a little concerned by the poor lack of response to the E-HELP seminars. It will be this page that the Guardian will be advertising in the article. At the moment it does not look too impressive.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showforum=214