The Education Forum

Is Raoul Frenchy?

Posted this before, I still think it odd.

Interesting names.

<span style='color:red'>SEE XEROX MEMO FROM SPRAGUE 1977 ABOVE</span>

- lee

This is very interesting, George de morenschildt was afraid of someone or something called RAS right before his murder/suicide. He placed people in Dealey Plaza, then committed himself from the strain. According to the memo Arcarcha Smith? and [William] Seymour were part of the ambuscade, and had alibis made for them in New Orleans and Phoenix.......this Sprague investigators memo from 1977 is very interesting, Lee.

Beckham, Gordon, Arcacha Smith and Seymour are principles in Dealey with Loy, from General Dynamics as the lead position tramp, ie Frenchy.

Will some one else please give some context on this, and who is the author?

(also, I am with james, the Raoul line-up-man is not a match with the #1 tramp)

Beckham was Thomas Beckham, aka Mark Evans. Beckham was a protege of Fred Lee Crisman. (Do a Google on Crisman!) He was also an aquaintence of Ray Broshears. Both Beckham and Broshears were "Reverends" in the Universal Life Church based in Modesto, Cal. I believe Crisman was a "Bishop." I'm not sure if this was self-titled or not. You too can become a "Reverend" in the ULC!

http://www.ulc.org/?destination=ordination...umina=850043948

From an interview Beckham gave to the HSCA:

Delsa: Okay. Now, to bring this down and put it on record. In our preliminary discussions before, later in your contact with the Organization, with Crisman, Crisman you found to be at these various Churches.

Beckham: Uhum, uhum.

Delsa: Now, you don't know this for a fact, but you spoke to us prior to this in a discussion, and told us who you believed set this system up in New Orleans. Will you tell us now, who do you think set this system up with the Church?

Beckham: Well, I think Fred Crisman, because the Organization is all over the country. I'd rather not go into it now because there are different connections of people and other things, but I think Fred Crisman is the whole, front of the whole thing because he's not just a, he has too many contacts, too many, you know, he tells me who to contact. As a matter of fact, one time I was, had received a telephone call from a priest, and which you very well know his name, and I pronounce, starts with a "B", y'know. You had a thing in your file. [Ray Broshears]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beckham: Right. Okay. I guess the best place to start is a meeting I had in Algiers, Louisiana...that's as soon as you get off the ferry boat. It's in Orlean Parish. This meeting was attended by myself, Sergio Arcacha, G. Wray Gill, a gentleman by the name of Marcello. If I'm not mistaken a picture I've seen of him was Vincent Marcello. Along with me was a gentleman, a little bitty guy, his name was O Lord, let's see, Morello, Charlie Morello, and Sergio Arcacha was there. Roswell Thompson and a lady by the name of Berglass, she was Anna. At this meeting there were Cubans present, other ones. We talked about, I say "we", they talked about the assassination of the President....We also had a meeting at a place called the Town and Country. That's a motel, vaguely as I can remember on the right hand side of the highway going out towards the airport. This meeting was attended by a Marcello, there was G. Wray Gill, and us there at the time. At that particular meeting, the Cuban issue was discussed, the President, his involvement and how, oh, different things, that, how the President refused to give air support, things like this was discussed. Also I delivered a package approximately, I'd say, two weeks to Dallas prior to the assassination of the President, to a Mr. Howard. I went into Mr. G. Wray Gill's office, I was told to go there by Mr. Ferrie, which I knew real well, and in his office shuffled up some documents which were drawings, that of a map, or plots and stuff. There were some pictures, pictures of buildings and cars and was regular pictures but they wasn't glossy. They were put inside of an envelope at which time G. Wray Gill handed me...it was either one hundred or two hundred dollars, and told me that I was to be, I was going to be taken to the airport. I was to deliver this package to a Mr. Howard at the Executive Inn. At this meeting was Roswell, was Jack Martin, David Ferris[sic] and a bunch of...Sergio Arcacha. Also at the meeting was your Mr. Marcello was at the meeting, setting at, they were setting on a couch. I remember the couch....My good friend Clay Shaw was also there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And from an anonymous letter sent to Garrison during his investigation:

Mr. G;

Out on the coast is a man you should talk with. Trace this

information out. His name is Fred Lee Crisman, of Tacaoma, Wash.

He flys to New Orleans steadily. 1964 eleven times. 1965, 17

times. 1966 32 times, 1967 24 times. He is the first man Clay

called after being told he was in trouble and he is the first

man that Beckham called also. He was questioned by both the CIA

and FBI in 1966 but he is able to call Wash. and they laid off of

him in a hurry. He is very good friends with Cubans and specially

SA [sergio Arcacha] in Dallas (he goes there too) and J.R. [Jorge

Rodriguez] in N.O.

Mr. Crisman is a very odd man. He supplied money for certain

political campaigns and in return is very much protected by both

Lou. politicos and Wash. state people. He has a diplomatic

passport issued on the word of a senate chairman of a committee.

He seems to have no income and certainly spends a large sum of

money on air travel. He is friends with F. Gremillion of your

state. His private office has an unlisted number (206 Ma 7-4790)

and is the meeting place for many odd characters from Cubans

to political figures. Ask him to take a lie detector test and

then ask him where he put the $200,000 dollars delivered to him

by Beckham in August of '67. (Cuban Money) Money that is used to

recruit killers to be sent to Cuba to try for Castro ask him if

it is not true that he has sent 5 different men to S.A. in Dallas

for final briefing. Make Crisman talk and you will have the

answer to why there has been fighting among certain Cuban factions

over the money in certain buried places. You know this is true

because some special Cubans have dropped out of sight. (Dropped

in Torpedo Junction) Crisman is also a pilot. He is the man that

through Beckham and S.A. (Arcacha] paid off certain people is

it not odd that he was a friend of Clay's as well as Beckham.

Is it not strange that he knew Tippet! Just ask Crisman certain

questions under a lie detector and see what the answers are. He

is the one that advised Mark Evans [beckham's alias] to hide

out in Iowa and NOT to go to N.O. to make any statement about

money or anything. Have an investigator check out the amount of

long distance calls that Beckham (Evans) has made to Crisman in

the past year and the wild places Crisman calls. He is leaving

for Europe in Jan. Keep digging Jim, you have some odd fish

on the run.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very curious to finally find a reference to the place I highlighted in red above.

Oswald had something, possibly a receipt or a book of matches, from this place among his possessions.

I searched high and low for this place with no success. Boy was I surprised to find the connection here.

Being from San Diego, where there is another Town and Country Motel/Hotel, I am sure this was the name on the item in question. I will search for the photo and post it when it is found.

Edited by Chuck Robbins

Hi all,

I've managed to source some background on Robert Emmett Johnson. Parents Raymond and Mary Johnson, two brothers Jack and Bill.

Merchant Marines in 1944, 1948/49 he was with the Marines in Tsingtao China, USMC Press Attache on the FDR during the Korean War, and from here it gets really spooky. Gerry Hemming has spoken a bit about what Johnson and Arturo Espaillat were up to during the early 1960's and then Johnson's involvement in the MLK assassination.

As far as the Kennedy assassination goes, I'm starting to believe Robert Emmett Johnson was a player. To what extent, maybe time will tell.

Robert Emmett Johnson below circa 1944.

James

Despite the difference in age of the person(s) in the photo here, and the one John posted, they look strikingly similar to me.

[...] Years later, I saw this same photograph elsewhere...it was the Mexico City "Oswald" photo, later ID'd as Saul Sague/Saul Sage. [...]

His nickname was "Saul." His real name was "Mario Tauler Sague."

--Thomas

Hi all,

I've managed to source some background on Robert Emmett Johnson. Parents Raymond and Mary Johnson, two brothers Jack and Bill.

Merchant Marines in 1944, 1948/49 he was with the Marines in Tsingtao China, USMC Press Attache on the FDR during the Korean War, and from here it gets really spooky. Gerry Hemming has spoken a bit about what Johnson and Arturo Espaillat were up to during the early 1960's and then Johnson's involvement in the MLK assassination.

As far as the Kennedy assassination goes, I'm starting to believe Robert Emmett Johnson was a player. To what extent, maybe time will tell.

Robert Emmett Johnson below circa 1944.

James

Despite the difference in age of the person(s) in the photo here, and the one John posted, they look strikingly similar to me.

In the photos of the "three tramps," "Frenchy" looks quite short to me. Anyone know how tall Robert Emmett Johnson, "Raoul," and/or any of the former real-life "tramps" (conveniently named by the DPD about 25 years after the hit) were? Now, let's see-- Charles Rogers was quite short, wasn't he? Hmm... let's see-- friend of Ferrie, associate of Marcello, former Naval Intelligence, CIA agent, prime suspect in (literal) butchering of his parents, disappears immediately after the assassination, etc etc. Hmm...

Thanks,

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

I find this below quite interesting given that there is some 24 years difference in age.

The ID sketch is one of the early ones that went out.

FWIW.

James

James,

What color eyes did REJ have?

Thanks,

--Thomas

Thomas,

No idea what color eyes REJ had. Sorry.

I ran the question past someone who knew REJ very well. Lucky I asked the question over the phone otherwise I think I would have been punched in the face. REJ swung both ways apparently and the question was taken the wrong way. :huh:

John,

Yes, I think the infamous Gonk has some explaining to do. :cheers

The sketch I believe was from the MPD. This also went out shortly after the assassination. Mmm. It does make one wonder who they were looking for, especially since James Earl Ray was most likely at a nearby gas station when the shooting occured.

James

Edited by James Richards

Thomas,

No idea what color eyes REJ had. Sorry.

I ran the question past someone who knew REJ very well. Lucky I asked the question over the phone otherwise I think I would have been punched in the face. REJ swung both ways apparently and the question was taken the wrong way. :cheers

That's hilarious!

His eye color is probably recorded in his merchant marine and/or USMC records. It would be interesting to see if they were as light as represented in the Memphis Police Department's drawing of the alleged assassin of MLK...

--Thomas