The Education Forum

Daniel Wayne Douglas

This guy was arrested on 22/11/63 for hanging around the cops involved in the Tippit murder investigation.

What is this guys story.

He walks into DPD to give himself up for Auto offences and Burglary

Why. ?

He then proceeds to mingle in with the cops for about 45-minutes before anyone challenges him on what he is doing there.

This story makes no sense at all.

4916.gif

Edited by Robin Unger

Marina Oswald Porter's Letter

to the ARRB -- April 1996

Mr. John Tunheim, Chairman

JFK Assassination Records Review Board

600 E Street, NW, Second Floor

Washington, DC 20530

Dear Mr. Tunheim:

I am writing to you regarding the release of still classified documents related to the assassination of President Kennedy, and to my former husband, Lee Harvey Oswald. Specifically, I am writing to ask about documents I have learned of from a recent book and from a story in the Washington Post by the authors of the same book (as well as other documents they have described to me). The book reviews Dallas police, FBI, and CIA files released since 1992, and places them in the context of previously known information. I would like to know what the Review Board is doing to obtain the following:

1. The Dallas field office and headquarters FBI reports on the arrests of Donnell D. Whitter and Lawrence R. Miller in Dallas on November 18, 1963 with a carload of stolen U.S. army weapons. I believe that Lee Oswald was the FBI informant who made these arrests possible. I would also like to know what your board has done to obtain the reports of t he U.S. Marshal and the U.S. Army on the same arrests, and the burglary these men were suspected of.

2. the records of the FBI interrogations of John Franklin Elrod, John Forrester Gedney and Harold Doyle (the latter men were previously known as two of the "three tramps") in the Dallas jail November 22-24, 1963. All of these men have stated that they were interrogated during that time by the FBI.

3. The official explanation of why the arrest records for Mr. Elrod, Mr. Gedney, and Mr. Doyle, as well as for Daniel Wayne Douglas and Gus Abrams were placed "under federal seal" in the Dallas Police Records Division for 26 years as described by Dallas City Archives supervisor Laura McGhee to the FBI in 1992.

QUOTE:

What is even more intriguing to me is how closely Douglas's story matches that of John Elrod.

Both from Memphis, both in Dallas for two weeks with no visible means of support...

Steve Thomas

Thanks steve.

QUOTE:

JOHN FRANCIS ELROD AND DANIEL WAYNE DOUGLAS

John Francis Elrod was arrested while walking along the railroad tracks. John Francis Elrod had been arrested in 1961 for barbiturates, DWI in 1962, simple assault in 1963. In 1964 John Francis Elrod was suspected of planning to kill his estranged wife. No record of his arrest in Dallas appeared on his rap sheet. [FBI 44-1639-6059, 5999]

Daniel Wayne Douglas was picked up near the scene of the TIPPIT shooting. John Francis Elrod and Daniel Wayne Douglas were released on November 26, 1963.

http://www.ajweberman.com/nodules/nodule17.htm

Edited by Robin Unger

QUOTE:

What is even more intriguing to me is how closely Douglas's story matches that of John Elrod.

Both from Memphis, both in Dallas for two weeks with no visible means of support...

Steve Thomas

Thanks steve.

QUOTE:

JOHN FRANCIS ELROD AND DANIEL WAYNE DOUGLAS

John Francis Elrod was arrested while walking along the railroad tracks. John Francis Elrod had been arrested in 1961 for barbiturates, DWI in 1962, simple assault in 1963. In 1964 John Francis Elrod was suspected of planning to kill his estranged wife. No record of his arrest in Dallas appeared on his rap sheet. [FBI 44-1639-6059, 5999]

Daniel Wayne Douglas was picked up near the scene of the TIPPIT shooting. John Francis Elrod and Daniel Wayne Douglas were released on November 26, 1963.

http://www.ajweberman.com/nodules/nodule17.htm

4918.gif